• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Penny Presses

Meagansmom

DIS Veteran
I am drawing a blank! Are there penny presses at USF and IOA? What kind are there? I mean what prints on them? Is there a list or a website of where and what prints on them? Any help greatful! Thanks!

I seem to recall some around USF, but I don't remember where they were.

This looks like a job for MIB9etc.! :)

I remember seeing one outside the entrance to the IOA Trading Company gift shop in Port of Entry. It was the entrance with all the hats hanging outside. I didnt really look to see which ones you can get. I just happened to notice some kids getting one while my friend was paying for something in the gift shop.

I collect some of them. I know there is a Cat in the Hat, Kongfrontation, IOA, and Hulk coin that I can recall. There is probably more though.

Hi there, I'm recently back from a IOA and US and I recall seeing several of these machines around both parks. Most of them I saw when you came out of the ride in its gift shop. I also saw a book that you can buy at IOA to put all your pressed pennies in. It came with a Universal pressed penny already in the front of it. Really Nice. It was in the store on your right, right before Confisco (sp) that sells the Christmas Ornaments. Also I got a pressed Hulk Penny from the store across from that one. Sorry I don't recall the store names. I do remember seeing Hulk, JP, US, IOA and I think a spiderman one in their gift shops outside the rides. I thought it would be a cool thing to collect on our next trip since I didn't think about it until we were ready to leave the parks on our last day there. :( They probably have one for most of the rides.
Princesstori

My wife was making change for a lady so she could do a penny press in front of Margaritaville. The machine showed an Islands of Adventure logo. I'd never paid attention to these machines before, but later that morning we even noticed one in the Spiderman queue. (Had seen it before, just never "really" noticed it!)
Jim

They are all over the place. just look inside each store in each island in IOA.:smooth:

There is one inside the T2-3D gift shop, also trading co gift shop in JP, Cat in the Hat gift shop in Seuss landing. Keep your eyes open!

My daughter bought one of the collecters books on our last trip, which she promptly lost. You might want to put your name and hotel on the inside cover!

Another tip- there is a machine in the main Universal Studios Florida gift shop (near Alfred Hitchcock) that has Jaws, Kong and T23D. Three good ones in one spot! We also got the book and carried it with us- it's easy to forget which ones you have already bought. Have fun!

Not a penny press.......A quarter press!

My family loves collecting the penny pressed coins all over both parks. Last trip after exiting Spiderman I spotted a quarter press by the door far right. They come out awesome and were a new addition to the rest! I got 2 last time one of course was spiderman the other the green goblin.:bounce:

Does anyone remember how much the books are and how many pennies it holds? Thanks for all of your help!!!

The books (they are dark blue, say "Second Edition", and come with a Universal pressed penny enclosed on the front) hold 36 pennies and 6 quarters. The quarter presses do cost $1.00 + one to press. If I remember correctly, the books cost $5.99, but I might be mistaken. They are right around that price though. We had great fun collecting pennies from both parks (and we are two adults). It is relatively cheap, they look great, and the completed book is my favorite souvenir. Enjoy! :D

Originally posted by JessicaR
...I got 2 last time one of course was spiderman the other the green goblin.:bounce:

Aieee! I need to remember to get a Green Goblin one next time! Thanks JessicaR, and thanks for those Green Goblin pics you gave me! ;-)

We loved the presses & collector books too!
Here is a suggestion for you:
Come to the parks prepared with a roll of shiny pennies and a lot of quarters!
Now that these machines are becoming more popular it is a major annoyance (for us as well as the CMs I am sure) to have to stand on line @ the cash register to get change, many times just to be told they cannot supply you with as many quarters and/or pennies as you would like!

:bounce: :pinkbounc :smooth: :cool: :) :o :p :rolleyes: :jester: :bounce: :pinkbounc

heh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter