Pediatric wheelchair rental recs?

gatormom2tots

DIS Veteran
I have a feeling that our child's doctor is going to require her to be in a wheelchair this summer when we visit for a couple of weeks. I am hoping our insurance will cover us and we can get one through them (we did this several years ago when our 6 year old broke both legs.)

But if insurance does not cover it, does anybody have any recs for specifically a pediatric chair? She is about 55 inches tall and weighs 65 pounds at age 11 (meaning a stroller would never fly with this 6th grader!) I want to make sure we get a pediatric one instead of a huge adult sized one.

I'm not sure which, but at least a couple of the popular vendors carry pediatric or smaller sized wheelchairs. Post #2 of the disABILITIES FAQs lists several "featured" as well as "non-featured" vendors. I'd start with them. You are right about wanting to use the right sized chair for her.

Enjoy your vacation!

I rented a (large) pediatric chair from Walker Mobility for me when I had my lower leg in a cast and a wonderful friend to push me. I am 5'2" and 120 lbs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter