Pearl Harbor? Which tour?

yolie912

DIS Veteran
I see in the website there are a couple of tours?
Which one do i choose?? So confusing??

Is it the passport to Pearl Harbor?
Do I have to purchase it separately?

Does $55 sound correct??

Sorry for all the questions...

I have not been yet. But Pearl Harbor USs Arizona( sunken ship) is free with $1.50 fee. I believe that includes a twenty minute movie as well. That is what most ppl think of when hear "pearl harbor".

Now, the USs Missouri where I believe peace was signed ( must brush up on my history I know) costs extra. I was told that it wasn't necessary to purchase in advance but I cannot attest to that. There is also a museum I think to purchase tickets if you wish. And a drive thru cemetery tour if you wish.

I hope that helps somewhat-hopefully a more knowledgeable person who has been can add to this.

The uss arizona tour is free. Just show up early to get tickets so that you actually get to the memorial over the ship. The movie and walking around the grounds are free.

There is the USS Missouri tour, pacific air musuem and USS Bowfin tours which are not free. I think it was $55 for all three musuems. Also when you buy the bowfin tour there is also a musuem by the hotdog stand that is very interesting that you get access to. You can also buy the paid tours individually.

We have been before and are going again in a couple of weeks. As already mentioned, the Arizona Memorial is basically free but to tour the other museums and the USS Missouri there is a fee of $55. You should go online to reserve a time to tour the Arizona though as tickets are limited / first come. If you don't have a reservation you need to show up at 7:00 am when they open to wait to see if they have any availability. Even WITH a reserved time you are asked to show up 1 hour before your time. If you don't show up on time then that's where the tickets come from for the walk-ups. They WILL give yours away if you're not there an hour early. HTH

So what time do you think I should reserve the arizona tour and the one that is $55.00

Thanks!

Reserve Arizona tour for whatever time fits your schedule ( and if tix still available for that time. I believe link is in other thread). Just remember to be there one hour early plus time to park if driving. I don't think the other one matters for time

So what time do you think I should reserve the arizona tour and the one that is $55.00

Thanks!

It depends on how you want to spend your day and what else you want to do / see. If you book the USS Missouri along with the Arizona you should allow spending about 5 hours there for these things. That is in addition to arriving an hour early & the 30-45 min. or so drive over there from Aulani. We wanted to go early as it only gets hotter as the day goes on AND we will likely want to head into Waikiki for lunch or something after we are done, so we booked early (8:45) knowing that we still probably won't be done until around 1:30-2:00. I had wanted to go closer to 9:15 or 9:30 so we wouldn't have to get up TOOO early but those time slots were already gone whenever I got around to booking. If you don't have any other plans for your day and you don't want to get up at the crack of dawn then you can probably go a little later. (I think with the Govt Sequestration they have cut back on tour times and the last tour of the day is at like 1:00 or something.)

My advice is to book the Arizona for the earliest possible. The reason is because the area of the museums etc, becomes very busy quickly.

We booked our tickets for October about a month ago. A couple of times were already filled up, but we had plenty of choices. I'd say ASAP.

We just got back from Hawaii and you really want to reserve them online if possible. The day we were there, the tickets were gone by 7:40 a.m. for the USS Arizona. We bought tickets for the Missouri tour, but not the Bowfin or Museum. We would like to go back sometime and see the museum, but it will make for a long day to do it all.

How far in advance should one book the tour. 180,90,60,30 days out? TIA:)

If you already know your dates, go ahead and get them. We were unable to get advance tickets and had to hurry over there our first day to get in line. It would be better to avoid that, as many people who arrive later don't get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter