Peanut Butter Sandwich...and CHILI???

Very surprised they would serve peanut butter (anything) in school lunches with all the peanut allergies out there!
As for that combo, never heard of it (deep south) but every region seems to have their preferences, and that's good. I love them both - just not together!! :goodvibes
I was thinking more about school lunches back when my adult kids now, were in school. Sorry I wasn’t clear about that.

Could it have been fluff? Some amish places around here make it with honey and fluff. It’s not really good for you but it is delicious! lol!
No because I buy the Amish peanut butter spread all the time when the kids are home.

In Nebraska, it is commonplace in the school lunches to pair chili and cinnamon rolls. I learned about this when I moved here and was intrigued so I tried it out. Don't dip the roll in the chili, it's a side. It is a delightful combination. Something about the spice and sweet playing off each other. Now when I make chili I always make cinnamon rolls to go with them. A PB sandwich doesn't sound near as pleasant!

I’m from Indiana and we always had pb sandwiches with chili at school and yes, I like, no love dipping my pb sandwich in my chili. That or I put pb on saltines and dip those. Yummy! Can’t have a bowl of tomato soup w/o a grilled cheese for dipping either.

What’s gross is my husband putting pb and mayo on his bologna sandwhich!:crazy2:

I looooooove saltines with ice cold butter on it, and then you spoon a little chili on there and the butter melts a bit.

PB and bacon (kinda like bologna?) go well together, and bacon and mayo go well together, and pb and mayo go well together. So, a combo of all 3...probably pretty damn tasty!

Good heavens, pbj sandwich dipped in chilli or veg beef sound sounds disgusgting. :scared: None for me thanks!

Yep. I try not to yuck other people’s yums, but I am having a hard time with this one. I like chili and PB, but have never heard of them being served together. Doesn’t sound like they complement although I have heard of chili recipes that have either PB or cinnamon.

Yep. I try not to yuck other people’s yums, but I am having a hard time with this one. I like chili and PB, but have never heard of them being served together. Doesn’t sound like they complement although I have heard of chili recipes that have either PB or cinnamon.
Honestly, i'd try it just to see. So i guess I shouldnt judge. I do like the salty/sweet combo, so maybe i'd like it? I dunno. It just sounds odd to me.

Dumb question - are we talking about a pb sandwich or a pbj? Because to me, the addition of jelly on the sandwich would be the issue. Lots of savory stuff use peanut butter, but the jelly aspect seems wrong, IMO.

i know the combo sounds odd but if you've had chicken mole sauce then you've likely already eaten chili powder combined with peanut butter. it actually goes well together.

That's what I was thinking - Mole is basically a chili powder, chocolate, and peanut butter sauce, so it's not a far stretch to think people might enjoy peanut butter with their chili.

We have a Mayan Mexican taco place in our town that serves a "PBJ" taco. Everyone who hears this thinks it sounds so weird, but really all it is, is a shredded chicken taco tossed with with a bit of mole sauce, and a thin layer of some kind of REALLY yummy jam-ish type salsa/aioli/sauce spread on the tortilla with a little bit of crumbled goat cheese and a coconut-lime slaw on top. It is AMAZINGLY delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter