Peak week vacation 12/22-12/29 (Christmas week)

Dawnlight

DIS Veteran
Our party of 9- me, dh, 6 kids, and grandma- stayed at All Star Movies from 12/22 to 12/29 in 3 rooms at the Mighty Ducks section, 3rd floor overlooking the pool (rooms 3901, 3902 [at one end] and 3910 [other end]).

We were on the Disney Dining Plan, 7 adults and 2 children. We were in the parks for 6 days.

I'll be adding to this report as I go along.

We arrived for check in at just about 3pm, and while we had requested Mighty Ducks to be close to both the pool and the bus stop at All Star Music, we were booked into the Love Bug section. The cast member checked availability and was able to get us rooms at Mighty Ducks, though not 3 side by side (which was fine with us). Our packages that were shipped from Walmart, containing snacks, gifts, glowsticks, rain ponchos, and other items were delivered later to our rooms.

We dropped our bags, refreshened up, and headed straight to Downtown Disney. We got Mickey head rice crispy treats at Goofy's Candy Shop and strolled the area taking in the sights of the holiday decorations and shops. The main store we were interested in seeing was LEGO. We listened to a storyteller share a Hanukah tale, followed by Klezmer music, then went to our Raglan Road reservation at 6:45 pm.

The food was enjoyed by all. All 6 kids had fish and chips (the two girls had children's meals of fish and chips) while I had the saucy salmon (not very saucy, but tasty), dh had the citrus salmon (he was unhappy with the small portion), and grandma had the braised beef (reported to be very tasty, but extremely rich; she thinks it contributed to her being sick the following morning). Desserts were orange pudding (everyone loved that!), bread pudding (over-rated, IMHO), lemon tart (tasty), and the Dunbrody Jaffa Kiss (tasty). The server was not very attentive or spirited, but things arrived in a timely manner.

We strolled a bit more after a filling dinner, then took the a boat to bus stop instead of walking back through the crowds.

We arrived back to our rooms and saw that our luggage had arrived (we used the Magical Express) and our packages had also arrived.

Animal Kingdom report to come...

Breakfast (brunch) at Tusker House.....

Dinner at Boma....

Our second day at MK on 12/28 to come....

Lunch at Columbia Harbour House...

Dinner at Crystal Palace...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter