PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

What are #SLAM offers? I've started noticing them on my Superstore advertising but can't really figure out what they are.

Was sure you clever peeps here would know! :)

Ok back from Shoppers and one happy wife.
Dyson 499 plus tax, redeemed 200000 bonus extra 100000 so 300 off
personal offer of 10000 points for every $30, so $200 left to pay, awarded 60000 points. plus additional 2985 reg points.
So yes you can double up these offers, but you get the bonus points after the others have been taken off. So just on the ones you pay outright for.
Did I say wife is very happy now.

Ok back from Shoppers and one happy wife.
Dyson 499 plus tax, redeemed 200000 bonus extra 100000 so 300 off
personal offer of 10000 points for every $30, so $200 left to pay, awarded 60000 points. plus additional 2985 reg points.
So yes you can double up these offers, but you get the bonus points after the others have been taken off. So just on the ones you pay outright for.
Did I say wife is very happy now.
That is awesome!!!! Good to know about earning points and redeeming. I would love one of those dryers...but I had purchased an expensive Chi dryer when I was managing at one of the hairdresser wholesale store. So it will last me a few years yet...unless I give that one to the dd :rolleyes1as she LOVES it and always asks me to travel with it to her house so she can use it lol.

It's those things like that...that we get that us women wouldn't probably go out and buy ourselves...but if we can come to an agreement to those items....or we get them as a gift....that makes us soooooo happy!!!! Mort, you just got yourself a good chunk of brownie points :flower:for buying that.

Well, I think I finally got the dh to understand about " cashing out " our points into cash.

After we were done shopping on the weekend, as we were driving home...he was asking about the amount of points we have. So I asked him how much he thought that was. He was unsure how much there actually was. So when I explained to him how much $$$ we had in points. After I explained that we don't need the money for free groceries as we have a set budget for those....but that I would like to redirect the funds from the " free groceries " to " cash " to put towards our fun fund or trip money. I was pleasantly surprised when we agreed. So hopefully over the next few weeks, we will be redeeming some of those points. I want to redeem them quickly, as it's quite high and I don't want them stolen like others in here have had happen.
So now when we are planning our next trip and I pull out the envelope with my " cash" from redeemed points...I won't have to explain the whole process again lol.

There is a method to my madness :hyper2: :rotfl:

Well, I think I finally got the dh to understand about " cashing out " our points into cash.

After we were done shopping on the weekend, as we were driving home...he was asking about the amount of points we have. So I asked him how much he thought that was. He was unsure how much there actually was. So when I explained to him how much $$$ we had in points. After I explained that we don't need the money for free groceries as we have a set budget for those....but that I would like to redirect the funds from the " free groceries " to " cash " to put towards our fun fund or trip money. I was pleasantly surprised when we agreed. So hopefully over the next few weeks, we will be redeeming some of those points. I want to redeem them quickly, as it's quite high and I don't want them stolen like others in here have had happen.
So now when we are planning our next trip and I pull out the envelope with my " cash" from redeemed points...I won't have to explain the whole process again lol.

There is a method to my madness :hyper2: :rotfl:

Like for you,DH finally understood the process last week. We’re now getting a PC Mastercard to increase our vacation money!

Like for you,DH finally understood the process last week. We’re now getting a PC Mastercard to increase our vacation money!
I signed up for the PC Mastercard during one of the deals where I got 100,000 points for signing up! I haven't even used the card other than one time to obtain the points, but heck yeah I'll take a free $100! The credit card I regularly use is a BMO Air Miles Mastercard, so I'm having a hard time deciding if I should switch over to the PC one.

This board seems like the best place to ask about the best strategy for what I want to do: purchase a Nintendo Switch from Shoppers Drug Mart with my PC points. They cost $399. Obviously, doing some of this doubling up on deals is the best way to go, and I'm not too familiar with that. But what is the best basic deal? It's usually when they give you points back for a large redemption and not when they give you extra $ off for a redemption, right? You guys are the experts!

I use my PC Mastercard for everything! I take the time to pay it off every few days but even though there are only 2 of us in the house, I easily accumulate $500-$600 worth of points annually. While it's good to use at Shoppers, Superstore, etc., even using it for things like regular bills helps the points to accumulate quickly. It just takes organization to pay it off. I have about 8 bills that I have registered to be paid with my PC MC and then I have set up auto-payments on the same date to transfer the funds from my bank account to PC each time a bill goes onto the account.

This board seems like the best place to ask about the best strategy for what I want to do: purchase a Nintendo Switch from Shoppers Drug Mart with my PC points. They cost $399. Obviously, doing some of this doubling up on deals is the best way to go, and I'm not too familiar with that. But what is the best basic deal? It's usually when they give you points back for a large redemption and not when they give you extra $ off for a redemption, right? You guys are the experts!

I saved up for a switch last year. (the switch lite, but the same principles apply!)

I always kept a running list on things we needed for the house, and I bought them when shoppers had the points multipliers (like spend 50$, get 20x the points).

Then I redeemed my points on black friday. If you want to wait that long, it’s the very best redemption event of the year. Otherwise, about once a month shoppers does events where you get bonus $ off at different redemption levels. The highest level is 300$ off when you redeem 200,000 points. So to get your switch completely free (just pay the taxes) you would need 300,000 points on a redemption weekend.

Have you also made an online account? You’ll get personal offers for points on specific products. Some that you buy all the time, others that the algorithm picks for you? A second category is usually not great, in my experience...but you can get a decent return on stuff that you do actually purchase.

So we have done this exact thing last christmas. Then just recently did with the Dyson hairdryer. Wait till you have at least 200,000 points. Then with a month there will be a bonus redemtion, where you will get 300,000 worth of points for your 200,000, sort of like a free $100. But then if you wait, there should be also a 20x points or personal offer come in at the same time. Ours was 10,000 for every $30 spent. This applies to the remaining balance. So in your case the extra $99(tax not included), So you would spend 200,000 points pay out of pocket the $99 plus the tax on the 399, and get back 30,000 points.
Clear as mud,,,,hope this helps

I saved up for a switch last year. (the switch lite, but the same principles apply!)

I always kept a running list on things we needed for the house, and I bought them when shoppers had the points multipliers (like spend 50$, get 20x the points).

Then I redeemed my points on black friday. If you want to wait that long, it’s the very best redemption event of the year. Otherwise, about once a month shoppers does events where you get bonus $ off at different redemption levels. The highest level is 300$ off when you redeem 200,000 points. So to get your switch completely free (just pay the taxes) you would need 300,000 points on a redemption weekend.

Have you also made an online account? You’ll get personal offers for points on specific products. Some that you buy all the time, others that the algorithm picks for you? A second category is usually not great, in my experience...but you can get a decent return on stuff that you do actually purchase.
I saw the offer on Black Friday and was so upset I wasn't close enough to be able to do it! It was such a great deal. Unfortunately, we can't wait that long again. My son wants it for his birthday in October, but we'll likely just get it as soon as a really good deal becomes available. We're close to what we need in terms of points now.

So we have done this exact thing last christmas. Then just recently did with the Dyson hairdryer. Wait till you have at least 200,000 points. Then with a month there will be a bonus redemtion, where you will get 300,000 worth of points for your 200,000, sort of like a free $100. But then if you wait, there should be also a 20x points or personal offer come in at the same time. Ours was 10,000 for every $30 spent. This applies to the remaining balance. So in your case the extra $99(tax not included), So you would spend 200,000 points pay out of pocket the $99 plus the tax on the 399, and get back 30,000 points.
Clear as mud,,,,hope this helps
This is very helpful! Thanks! I'll keep checking for redemption events, because we're almost there in terms of points. Although the last time I checked at the Shoppers that usually carries the Switch, they didn't have any! This might be my biggest problem now, haha.

I saw the offer on Black Friday and was so upset I wasn't close enough to be able to do it! It was such a great deal. Unfortunately, we can't wait that long again. My son wants it for his birthday in October, but we'll likely just get it as soon as a really good deal becomes available. We're close to what we need in terms of points now.

so the most recent redemption weekend was just this past weekend (i’m pretty sure...). it’ll probably be another month until the next one.

big ticket stuff like a switch is all first come, first served, so i would say go to the biggest store in your area, and go as early as you can on the first day of the redemption weekend.

This is very helpful! Thanks! I'll keep checking for redemption events, because we're almost there in terms of points. Although the last time I checked at the Shoppers that usually carries the Switch, they didn't have any! This might be my biggest problem now, haha.
Just call the store ahead of time instead of driving around. There are only 2 stores in the gta that sold the dyson. I could do it online for the redemtion. But would not get the bonus points that was an instore bonus.so depending on the bonus you might be able to do it online.

I have an offer for Saturday only - 5000 points on ANY purchase in store. Can it can be combined with other offers. Could I use it with my 20x offer? Those you can't combine with any other total store offers, so I think the 5000 points should be okay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!