PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I was able to do it 2 or 3 times but that was last week and I've been forgetting to do it since. They may have reached their limit.

So NoFrills has their in store offer threshold spends this weekend. I decided to use the PC express offer and order my groceries online this week . What I didn’t know is that it combined with my app offers AND the in store offer . So I just spent $116 online for groceries and earned 45,250 points! The best part ? I didn’t waste my Saturday morning fighting store crowds !

$30.91 pre-tax and earned 11,600. Plus I earned 5,800 at Superstore, so balance is back up to 19,549 after cashing in 50,000 for another $50 WDW gift card.
I thought you couldn’t use points for gift cards ???? Also if you buy the WDW gift cards in Canada how do they work in Florida?

I thought you couldn’t use points for gift cards ???? Also if you buy the WDW gift cards in Canada how do they work in Florida?

You can't use the points for gift cards. What you do is use the points for groceries, then take the money you would have spent on groceries and use it for the gift card instead.

About a year ago (maybe 2?) Disney gift cards in Canada can be used in the States. Stores, WDW, DL, Disney cruise line. The first time you use the gift card in the States, you get the remaining balance locked in at whatever the current US exchange rate is.

You can't use the points for gift cards. What you do is use the points for groceries, then take the money you would have spent on groceries and use it for the gift card instead.

About a year ago (maybe 2?) Disney gift cards in Canada can be used in the States. Stores, WDW, DL, Disney cruise line. The first time you use the gift card in the States, you get the remaining balance locked in at whatever the current US exchange rate is.
Good info thank you
I think I’ll start getting a few for our November trip

So do you have to cash them in at guest services where they put the $ on your account or can I use them at stores and restaurants as we go?

So do you have to cash them in at guest services where they put the $ on your account or can I use them at stores and restaurants as we go?
you can use them anywhere you'd like, even at your resort to pay down any charges you've made with your magic band. Only thing that's been mentioned is that the resorts have a bit of trouble with them but if you point out that it's a Canadian card they will enter the number manually and it's fine. All other locations just have it scanned and it works fine.

you can use them anywhere you'd like, even at your resort to pay down any charges you've made with your magic band. Only thing that's been mentioned is that the resorts have a bit of trouble with them but if you point out that it's a Canadian card they will enter the number manually and it's fine. All other locations just have it scanned and it works fine.
Guess what??!!! Canadian Disney gift cards finally scanned at Pop last week! Woot woot!!! No more peeling off the scratch area and painfully keying in those long numbers one digit at a time! Just swipe and done! What a big time saver this was!

As others have shared you can do either. Personally we like having a record of all our charges in one place so I choose to put everything on my MB and I don't need to carry gift cards with us. I keep them locked in the safe in our room then twice during our trip I visit the front desk and put them against our MB charges.

One change that I didn't care for as much is that Pop Century no longer has a Check-In queue and a Guest Relations queue. Everyone gets into the same queue each time they go to the desk. I was told that this change is across resort and that all Disney Resorts are now doing it this way. Can't say that I'm a fan of this as now if my question is a simple one I still need to wait in the line with everyone checking in, sending packages, booking dining, etc. There is sometimes a CM with a tablet where you enter the queue but more often I found them to be right before visiting a specific CM so not really a time savings there.

So are experience with the GC is, You can not put your GC on your account ahead of time and just use it as you go. You can to what scrappinginontario says and pay down once you have a balance. This is what we do, charge all back to room, go to guest services at the resort before 11pm the night before you check out and pay off your balance with the cards. You can not preload your hotel account.

The gift card values fluctuate just as our dollar does. I cashed in a few cards Wednesday and my $50CDN gift cards were worth $38.08. I went to guest services again Sat night and that time the $50 cards were only worth $37.63.
I’m “liking” the info but gosh, those numbers hurt!

Yes, that does hurt. I could have sworn on a different thread the info was once used the exchange rate was locked in. Ah well. At least we can use them in the States now.

We came back last week and I had no trouble using them anywhere, except at a popcorn kiosk once. He said cash for my Oogie Boogie bucket. All other locations (Yak & Yeti, merchandise stores, Ghiradelli's, Wolfgang Puck Express) used my card with no trouble.

So are experience with the GC is, You can not put your GC on your account ahead of time and just use it as you go. You can to what scrappinginontario says and pay down once you have a balance. This is what we do, charge all back to room, go to guest services at the resort before 11pm the night before you check out and pay off your balance with the cards. You can not preload your hotel account.
Yes although just a heads up for those staying longer than a few days, I have heard that half way through your trip Disney will charge the current charges to your cc. Because of this I chose to go to Guest Services on days 4 and 9 of our 10 day trip and pay off the balance.
Can you use the gift cards for your room only deposit at the time of booking on the website?
Yes, it's an option as a form of payment on the Disney website.

Tonight I did the PC express click and collect. I was able to use the 15,000 points promo for an order over 75.00 and also had a pretty good haul of personal offers. I scored 20,000 points tonight. I'll take that.

I have a personal offer tomorrow at Shoppers for 20X the points on a 50.00 purchase. I'm hoping to get there tomorrow after work. I should be able to hit that for tomorrow. Just a tip...don't waste your money of the new eye creams from oil of olay. They are NOT very moisturizing for an eye treatment :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!