PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

How long does it take for bonus points to post? We did the gift card buy at Shoppers back in November for 30000 points, but I haven't seen anything post yet.

How long does it take for bonus points to post? We did the gift card buy at Shoppers back in November for 30000 points, but I haven't seen anything post yet.

Did you get the bonus points on your receipt? They usually post within a few minutes of your transaction. I would go back and check the receipt and see if they were awarded on the receipt. If they were not..or you still don't have them, I would do a missing points inquiry.

Did you get the bonus points on your receipt? They usually post within a few minutes of your transaction. I would go back and check the receipt and see if they were awarded on the receipt. If they were not..or you still don't have them, I would do a missing points inquiry.

The wife did the purchase. It was for the buy $200 in Ultimate dining cards and get 30000 points. She was told the points would be awarded later, which I've seen before. Just can't remember how long I need to wait for them. The original purchase was on Nov. 23.

I just looked up the old flyer and it says that the points will be awarded by Dec. 17, so I guess I have a few days yet to wait.

What are the details of the offer? I have never had to wait for PC points and I’m wondering if the time frame matches when I purchased mine.

ETA- sorry, I didn’t read your other posts where you provided the details. I purchased mine on a different date.

Last edited:
I started offsetting Disney Gift card purchases with PC points in late June and today I was able to use $850 (cnd) worth of gift cards towards the purchase of 2 x 8 day park tickets! Hooray! The 30 day fastpass window opens up next week. I'm so excited! We are going at the end of January. The offers this week are a little ho hum but if the offers are at least similar moving forward I think I could save enough over 1.5 to 2 years to offset the cost of tickets, accommodations and some meals....

I started offsetting Disney Gift card purchases with PC points in late June and today I was able to use $850 (cnd) worth of gift cards towards the purchase of 2 x 8 day park tickets! Hooray! The 30 day fastpass window opens up next week. I'm so excited! We are going at the end of January. The offers this week are a little ho hum but if the offers are at least similar moving forward I think I could save enough over 1.5 to 2 years to offset the cost of tickets, accommodations and some meals....
That is amazing great job. I am up to enough to cover one park hopper for disneyland so far. Hoping to be able to get enough for the second one before the cAnadian deal is over.

It's a 20 X's weekend :yay:
I forgot to save my items from last week. Crossed my fingers that I would get the one I wanted back but no such luck. So, no money back on that one.

I’ve only gotten high thresholds for the 20X event. 😥 I can do 50$ at Pharmaprix (our Shopper in QC) but not 100$, especially when the budget is only for grocery since I’m done with Christmas gifts.

I needed milk on Wednesday, so popped into Shoppers in the evening. I knew that I had a spend $50 get 40% points back, but I only needed milk. I happened through the aisle that had beard trimmers on sale. :idea: PERFECT gift for hubby. Ended up spending the $50 and got 20 000+ points Yippee!

Yesterday, I was in a different Shoppers because I needed eggs (I was mistaken-not on sale until Saturday) found a couple of things that I could use (seniors day), along with a frantic "can you pick me up ___" from DD. Grabbed a lottery ticket. As I was checking out the early 20's cashier said "When you bought the lottery ticket that brought you to within $2 of $50 -and that's 10 000 points. I had no idea that there was a promotion for that. So...a couple of mentos for stockings and BOOM more points for groceries. All thanks to someone on cash who gets us!

The website says they can be used for any show in Canada or US. And in Orlando you can use them towards merchandise and F&B! I'm going to confirm their use before I buy, of course. $100 gift card for $80 is a pretty good deal.

Just wanted to post an update to my earlier post on Cirque gift cards. Apparently you can't use them for the Disney show as it's a residential (permanent?) show. You can only use them for big top or arena shows. I guess that means no Vegas shows either.

Well.. I just wanted to post and hope that everyone on this thread had an excellent year of collecting. I had started out the year with less than 20,000 points. And as of today...I collected just over 630,000 points for this year. My goal was 450.00 for this year. So I far surpassed this with 630.00 worth of points. I have started cashing out some points and moving the cash into the vacation fund...and if we decide to take the youngest ds to Disney/Universal for his graduation gift ( like I promised if he keeps up his marks like he has - he will graduate with higher marks than both his older siblings :goodvibes ) and will probably let the older ds tag along too depending on what he he doing with his life at that point. If we decide to do that...I will start cashing them out for Disney GC instead of straight cash. But for right now, I would rather take the cash for our Fun fund for our next adventure.

Here's to collecting next year. My goal for next year is 500.00 in points. So we will see how far I get to that goal.

I just find the Optimum program easier for me to collect than AM. I don't have m any places to collect AM...and they are scaling back the rewards for the big promos, and just regular day to day collecting. I also don't live in an area with a rexall...so that only places that I can collect AM regularly is Safeway and Shell. Safeway is expensive for many of our day to day items that I can get at No frills about 1.5 km down the road from them. So I usually only go there for promo items. But I will keep chugging along collecting those as well.

Happy Collecting in 2020 :cheer2: :banana:

I don't think so. I was just trying to figure that out too.

I've essentially been aggressively (too strong of a word?) collecting since mid January 2019. I have saved $1145 US / $1495 CDN and have another $125 PC points waiting to be cashed in this weekend. We are going to WDW in December 2020, so if I can do the same amount in 2020 I will be shocked and thrilled.

The best I can find is a 45-day overview. It really would be nice to get a bit of a longer view.

I’ve been collecting fairly seriously since March-ish of this year. I’ve managed 990$ in redemptions, all of it going towards our next disney trip. I feel pretty good about that number, and about the program overall. Although being 10$ short of 1000 feels so silly!! I have 10000 points, but I much prefer saving up for redemption events.

Is anyone here a PC Financial MasterCard optimum points expert? This is a more complex question than I originally thought...

PC Financial Mastercard holders get 30 optimum points per $ spent at Shoppers.

I've been assured that any PC Financial Mastercard purchase of gift cards (at any store) will get me the standard 10 optimum points per $ spent.

So will a purchase of Disney gift cards at Shoppers using my PC Financial MasterCard get me 30 points per $, or 10 points per $?

Is anyone here a PC Financial MasterCard optimum points expert? This is a more complex question than I originally thought...

PC Financial Mastercard holders get 30 optimum points per $ spent at Shoppers.

I've been assured that any PC Financial Mastercard purchase of gift cards (at any store) will get me the standard 10 optimum points per $ spent.

So will a purchase of Disney gift cards at Shoppers using my PC Financial MasterCard get me 30 points per $, or 10 points per $?
The MC will not know what you purchased, only that you made a purchase, so you should get the 30 points. Keep in mind I said 'should'. lol.

We have decided to get the PC MasterCard (DH should qualify for the World Elite). If you guys see a promotion for signing up, please let me know here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter