PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

[/QUOTE]
Not sure about others, but I would have a hard time saving the actual cash if I didn’t buy the gift cards!
Not me, I have no issues at all. I have several accounts at Tangerine and I immediately transfer the amount there so I can keep it separate......and a little harder to get at. Most times I convert it to US and transfer it to my US account.

Not sure about others, but I would have a hard time saving the actual cash if I didn’t buy the gift cards!

me too. or rather, i think i would convince myself to put it in general savings or towards house projects, etc. instead of vacation money.

plus it feels really nice to have the $$ on dedicated disney gift cards. it’s like a nice little reminder that there will always be another family visit to look forward to!

me too. or rather, i think i would convince myself to put it in general savings or towards house projects, etc. instead of vacation money.

plus it feels really nice to have the $$ on dedicated disney gift cards. it’s like a nice little reminder that there will always be another family visit to look forward to!

Yea, I would use it for house projects too. Which is absolutely fine, but I like vacations more 🙂

Yea, I would use it for house projects too. Which is absolutely fine, but I like vacations more 🙂

ditto :)

the only time I wouldn't get gift cards is if my savings dipped below where I feel comfortable. I would never want to be in a position where I have a robust vacation fund but no $$ for an unexpected expense like car repairs or something.

I put my points money into a vacation bank account. It not accessed by anyone but me. It is MY " fun money " savings account. It is not linked with my debit card...so I can't try to use it for anything while shopping. And honestly, I dream of vacations, so it is only used to vacations.

I really want to take the hubby and boys and do a Universal /Disney Florida trip. I put all extra money into there. From PC points, me selling things from around the house that we no longer need...and also put any money I make from upcycling and refurbishing furniture. I'm really hoping that later winter/early spring we might have enough rewards to be able to do a trip without having to spend much of our own money. We are trying hard to stay on a timeline of being debt free so I have to creative with how to save beyond what we are already doing. I want the fun money to be spent on everyone....not just me - but I get to decide where it goes since it is from my creative ability to save even more than we are :scratchin:laughing:

Last year I did use some of my points to buy them a nintendo switch...i had ZERO interest in having ANOTHER gaming system in the house. So it was a win for all of us. I didn't have to fork out any cash for that...and they were happy to get one of those. But now...momma wants to use it for a vacation!!!!!! And a fun, exhausting one at that!!!!!!!

It's kind of like moving money around...I call it my " Big Swiss bank account switch " :rotfl: :rotfl2: I"m such a dork lol. It is my big " secret bank account " that no one else knows about!!!!

Yesterday I made a shoppers stop because I had 2 offers I wanted to use together- spend $20, get 6,000 points and 200 its per $1 spent on greeting cards. We have 2 weddings to attend coming up so I picked up a card for each. Before buying them I sent my DH a photo of them to see what he though and he thanked me for picking them up (in the past, whoever knew the wedding couple first would pick up the card). Sent him a text back along the lines of "yes... of course, I am doing this now so you don't have to worry about it. not at all for my own personal gain..." :rotfl2: My upcoming Florida trip is for the princess half weekend and he wasn't interested in joining me so all the optimum points are for me!

Year ago he had his own optimum card but stopped using it because he didn't want more cards in his wallet :-)confused3). A couple months back he went to do groceries on his own and I had asked him to get a couple of the items I had targeted offers for so he took my card with him. After he left it on the kitchen table for me to put back into my wallet but I didn't bother because I just use the card in the app. Somewhere along the line he put the card back in his wallet and uses it when he goes shopping! Granted he doesn't see the targeted offers so once or twice he's redeemed something I was saving and had plans for but I've kinda been looking at any of his transactions as extra bonus money!

Year ago he had his own optimum card but stopped using it because he didn't want more cards in his wallet :-)confused3). A couple months back he went to do groceries on his own and I had asked him to get a couple of the items I had targeted offers for so he took my card with him. After he left it on the kitchen table for me to put back into my wallet but I didn't bother because I just use the card in the app. Somewhere along the line he put the card back in his wallet and uses it when he goes shopping! Granted he doesn't see the targeted offers so once or twice he's redeemed something I was saving and had plans for but I've kinda been looking at any of his transactions as extra bonus money!

The rule in our house is...the PC optimumm points are MINE...the Canadian Tire points are HIS. I will add to his points when I shop there and he add to my points when he shops at mine. He has plans for his Canadian Tire points....and when he started pondering what he could get with MY points...I had to rudely tell him to BACK OFF :lmao: :rotfl:

The rule in our house is...the PC optimumm points are MINE...the Canadian Tire points are HIS. I will add to his points when I shop there and he add to my points when he shops at mine. He has plans for his Canadian Tire points....and when he started pondering what he could get with MY points...I had to rudely tell him to BACK OFF :lmao: :rotfl:

In my house the PC points are mine and the Air Miles are...also mine!

:rotfl:

For us, Disney vacations are win-win, so it’s really going towards something we would both pick anyways. But still...my points!!

just stumbled across the fact that the Hauler Aisles of Glory is on again! You can earn 500 points PER DAY until they give away a total of 50,000,000 points. It apparently started on Sept 4th and runs till Sept 30th. If you don't want to spend time playing the game, just head into the store and run into the first 3 obstacles, it doesn't care what your score is, still get 500 points. Last time i managed to collect 2,000 before it ended

Aisles of Glory Game

I think I did my best deal so far. Received 15 205 points for a purchase of 27.46$ (before tax). That's a 55% return!! The only thing is that I received a mystery 2000 points. I cannot find where it's coming from. No explanation on the receipt and none in the app.

Colgate products:
Loaded offer on Colgate products for 3800 points
2000 points when purchase 2 Colgate products (in-store offer)

7000 points when spend 25$ at Shoppers (had 27.46$ before taxes)
405 base points

Grand total I should have received: 13 205!

I think I did my best deal so far. Received 15 205 points for a purchase of 27.46$ (before tax). That's a 55% return!! The only thing is that I received a mystery 2000 points. I cannot find where it's coming from. No explanation on the receipt and none in the app.

I just saw this when I went to rollover my deals for next week. It's a Load, Shop, Surprise deal for a couple of days (ends in 2 days).

1 in 20 chance at 100,000 pts!
when you scan your card in store

just stumbled across the fact that the Hauler Aisles of Glory is on again! You can earn 500 points PER DAY until they give away a total of 50,000,000 points. It apparently started on Sept 4th and runs till Sept 30th. If you don't want to spend time playing the game, just head into the store and run into the first 3 obstacles, it doesn't care what your score is, still get 500 points. Last time i managed to collect 2,000 before it ended

Aisles of Glory Game
I've only been able to get this to work once. Anyone been able to do it more?

It's done as of yesterday. I got points from Sept. 6-10, so they must have reached their points limit. I think I got about the same in the spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts