PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

$30.91 pre-tax and earned 11,600. Plus I earned 5,800 at Superstore, so balance is back up to 19,549 after cashing in 50,000 for another $50 WDW gift card.
First time I've seen this thread. Long time PC points collector. I was told I couldn't buy gift cards using points? Was I mis-informed? How did you buy a $50 WDW gift card with points?
Thanks,
Tony

First time I've seen this thread. Long time PC points collector. I was told I couldn't buy gift cards using points? Was I mis-informed? How did you buy a $50 WDW gift card with points?
Thanks,
Tony
It’s not buying Disney gift cards with points. The strategy is to use the points to buy stuff then use the savings to buy Disney gift cards. Money saved = Disney money.

Thanks,
Tony
You can't directly buy gift cards with points - unfortunately. I know its just a shell game but when I go grocery shopping if I have $100 worth of groceries I grab $100 worth of gift cards then redeem $100 worth of points which the store sees as going towards the groceries but I see as going towards the gift cards lol

Can someone please remind me how the 20x points promotion works? If the flyer says 20x points for each $50 spent, how does that work?

It seems to one of the deals people look for but I'm not too sure how it works.

Can someone please remind me how the 20x points promotion works? If the flyer says 20x points for each $50 spent, how does that work?

It seems to one of the deals people look for but I'm not too sure how it works.
so as long as you spend 50 you will get 20x points, approx 30% back in points. Now the big thing is its not every 50 its 50 and beyond. So no need to break into separate transactions.

It's rollover day!
giphy.gif

My offers suck this week. Only 14 total, one of them another 20X/$50, but I’m stocked up (and will be OOT anyway). The offers I got are ones I’ll use, but they’re smaller ones. I was hoping for some good ones, since I’ll be OOT for Blue Friday and can’t participate, but it’s going to be a slow collecting week overall.

I have some great offers again this week: almost everything I use....except I got that Tampax/Always offer. :D Too bad I just bought my DD some last week. (which probably explains the offer)

I'm not sure if I would consider this week the equivalent of "Blue Friday" for PC Optimum, but I am just reviewing the Superstore flyer out west starting tomorrow and they are having one of their "Stock Up" events where a ton of products have bonus points attached. Not sure about the Loblaw stores back east, but here in BC it's looking good for a big haul this week! We don't have a Safeway/Sobey's here so I can't take advantage of the plethora of Air Miles...

Everyone wants your money. When one puts on a promo...the others will pull out a promo to try to get you to shop there. Especially Loblaws...that was pounded into our heads when I was a department manager there. They want the customer to come into the store, once you are in the store, you will fill your cart because most people pick one store to shop in, instead of going to different stores to get the best prices for items.

I work both programs the best I can, with what my family needs. We don't have a Rexall here, so the majority of my AM come from Safeway and Shell. I'm a big shopper's shopper, and will go there first, then do the rest of my shopping at Superstore, no frills. If Safeway has items that I buy with Am attached to them, I will stop there. So just try to make the best of the programs the best I can. Then I make sure to purchase all our items on a points CC...so I'm collecting those points as well. It's a game for me.

I'm just grateful that my bank account allows me to take those " free groceries " and convert them into cash or gift cards for our family to use as fun rewards. When I was a cashier at no frills ( as a second job to help pay for DD's destination wedding ) I seen many people who would need to use those points to help with groceries until payday. So I'm very grateful for that.

$62 pre-tax ($65 after tax) and earned 20,000 points.

I had DH tagging along for all my grocery errands today. I easily spent $35 more than my budget allowed as he's the ultimate "Oh look! Buy 4 for $5!" even though my budget was for 1 item at $1.25. Ugh.

Then he started to ask me if I get points at Shoppers (duh!). If he ever asks what I do with them, I'm going to have to lie and NOT tell him that I have $900 in WDW gift cards in my sock drawer as he has no urge to ever go back to WDW.

$62 pre-tax ($65 after tax) and earned 20,000 points.

I had DH tagging along for all my grocery errands today. I easily spent $35 more than my budget allowed as he's the ultimate "Oh look! Buy 4 for $5!" even though my budget was for 1 item at $1.25. Ugh.

Then he started to ask me if I get points at Shoppers (duh!). If he ever asks what I do with them, I'm going to have to lie and NOT tell him that I have $900 in WDW gift cards in my sock drawer as he has no urge to ever go back to WDW.
No problem, book a cruise, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!