PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I see there is a promo for PC Optimum MC of 100,000 bonus points until July 7th. Thinking of getting it just to use for No Frills, Superstore and Shoppers. Although I should do the math and see if it's better points wise to use this or my AM MC which gets 1 am for every $10. But the bonus is good, and no fee so not like I'm losing out on anything.
That's a great offer, when I got mine it was 75,000 bonus points. As for which is better, I have looked into that and still not sure I have it figured out but this is what I seem to find.
I use mine strictly at Shoppers. Every once in awhile they have a promotion for spend $50 get 20 X's the points and use your PC MC and get an additional 5000 points. I have had my MC since the first of the year and that offer has happened three times. Right there your ahead in value as the PC points are worth $5 plus the regular points PCMC gives you. With AM MC you get 5 AM's or the value of about .50 cents. Now when that offer is not around I still use my PCMC at shoppers as you get the regular offered bonus points and the MC gives me, on about a $50 shop PCMC gives me 776 points or about .77 cents. Here's an example of how it shows up

• PC Financial Earn
    Thu • Jun 13
    +388 pts
    PC Financial Earn
    Thu • Jun 13
    +388 pts
I'm not sure why it shows up as two totals, it always does, I think it has something to do with having made the purchases at Shoppers and getting bonus points for that.
All said and done, your getting 100,000 for getting the card ($100) and there are those bonuses every so often for using PCMC so even if you only use it at Shoppers, which is what I do, your way ahead of the numbers game. I will sometimes use it at Loblaws but only when there is an advantage. Hope this helps you.

I get that offer all the time to but I don't get it either. From what I can see its of no use to me. I guess if you bought Joe Fres all the time them maybe as that seems to be a big part of it.
I agree. I don't buy from Joe Fresh, and definitely not worth the cost for us.

Is anyone here a member of PC Insiders? I receive invites but cannot see where I would benefit enough to cover the $99(?) annual fee. What an I missing?

I have seen this as well. I don't have this, as I think I optimize the program pretty good with our family needs and the promos they offer. I know there are a couple of people on here who have this...I just can't remember who. I hope they can shed a little more light on this one

Such an interesting thread! I'm new to these boards, but I've been using PC points pretty casually for years. Not even using any of the really great Shoppers deals, I estimate I make back about $300/year just doing my regular shopping at Loblaws and always making sure to get the offers where they give 10k or 12k points if you spend over a certain amount. Right now I have a deal until the 19th where I'll get 10k points if I do a $100 online order for pickup. If you pick up during the week during the day, it's only a $3 fee in my city, so that's still $7 back. Plus it's way easier, and I love shopping that way, haha. But I think I will try out the 20x points at Shoppers when it becomes available in the next couple days. I don't really ever buy any of their typical products, but I think I might be able to get $50 in groceries there. I tend to use my points on a regular basis, but I didn't know there were other offers on large redemptions. I just spent $130 worth of points to stock our cottage for the summer a week ago, but I'm already back up to 20,000 points. I'll try hanging onto them for longer this time.

Thanks for making this thread! I have Air Miles too, but I don't really use them actively at all. I bank at BMO, so I get a lot automatically by doing nothing. But, "a lot" isn't actually enough to buy Disney World tickets or anything like that. Especially since I've used some in the past for admissions to much cheaper things, like the Toronto Zoo. So much to learn!!

I just came back from Shoppers and bought a round of essentials and stuff we use all on sale. $50.97 pre-tax and $15 in points. Thanks for the heads up!

They had life brand bandaids on sale plus buy 2 get 1,500 pts. I didn't get the points for those. I asked about it and was told any item in the store that has points attached to it, I will NOT get those points during a 20X event. I have got to remember this.

I was just coming back here to see if anyone had mentioned this. I saw a skin care product in the flyer that said buy 2, get 10,000 points. It coincides with a 20x event. Looks like the products cost about $35 each, so I was wondering if for $70 I could get 200,000 points. I assumed not. So what DOES the 20x points apply to? Digital offers only? Or also in-store point offers but not ones that are buy multiple or threshold offers? I wanted to try out the 20x points event for the first time, but if they don't actually sell anything in my digital offers, then that's useless.

EDITED to say I didn't realize you get 5 points per dollar automatically at Shoppers. I guess that's what the 20x is on. Okay. I'm learning, haha.

Is anyone here a member of PC Insiders? I receive invites but cannot see where I would benefit enough to cover the $99(?) annual fee. What an I missing?

I purchased it when it was 50% off. I don't think I would pay full price for it. I usually try to take advantage of it when there's a Joe Fresh offer for 20% back in points as they generally stack and then I get 40% back in points. There's a huge benefit for those who are buying baby supplies, and you get 20% back on organics as well. You get free grocery pick up which is handy for those who do a lot of online grocery orders. There's a $99 credit to their PC Travel, which looks to be partnered with redtag like AirMiles which I likely won't use.

I was just coming back here to see if anyone had mentioned this. I saw a skin care product in the flyer that said buy 2, get 10,000 points. It coincides with a 20x event. Looks like the products cost about $35 each, so I was wondering if for $70 I could get 200,000 points. I assumed not. So what DOES the 20x points apply to? Digital offers only? Or also in-store point offers but not ones that are buy multiple or threshold offers? I wanted to try out the 20x points event for the first time, but if they don't actually sell anything in my digital offers, then that's useless.

EDITED to say I didn't realize you get 5 points per dollar automatically at Shoppers. I guess that's what the 20x is on. Okay. I'm learning, haha.

yep, the multiplier applies to base points only, not any bonus offers.

welcome to the thread! collecting points gets addictive and it gets easier too—if you want to save up for disney tickets, these threads are the best :)

I don't believe the two promos will stack. The 20X the points would be on your regular items without any extra points attached to them. You would get the digital points on those items...but not 20X the points on them,..if that makes sense. The registers will automatically give you the better deal is what my experience has been. I always weigh which promo will give me more points, and use that.

It's actually 15 points per dollar I believe. Also, I had made a purchase a few weeks ago on a cosmetic product that offered 8000 PC points with purchase. It was on a 20X's day. I only received the 20X's, which was okay by me as it was so much better, however I sent a missing points request off to inquire why I points did not count. I know you don't get the 20 X's on the bonus 8000 points but I would have thought you would get the bonus points as you do if the product is in your promos. Anyways, they posted the 8000 points to my account so I did get them but I'm not at all sure I should have. Never hurts to ask I guess.

Thanks for making this thread! I have Air Miles too, but I don't really use them actively at all. I bank at BMO, so I get a lot automatically by doing nothing. But, "a lot" isn't actually enough to buy Disney World tickets or anything like that. Especially since I've used some in the past for admissions to much cheaper things, like the Toronto Zoo. So much to learn!!

409821 Welcome to the boards! Call me biased but there's a pretty active Airmiles thread around here as well :rolleyes1 You might learn a few tricks over there as well, lots of people joined over the years thinking they'd never manage to earn enough to redeem for anything of any value and ended up snagging MANY tickets/flights/car rentals/hotels & merchandise as well. Even if you only focus on the big events you can still get some decent hauls.

I have 118 000 points. I’d like to cash in. Am I correct in saying that the points are worth about $110? To redeem them, do I just go into Shoppers, buy $110 worth of merchandise and then pick up a $110 Disney gift card while redeeming the points. New to this and would appreciate the help.

I have 118 000 points. I’d like to cash in. Am I correct in saying that the points are worth about $110? To redeem them, do I just go into Shoppers, buy $110 worth of merchandise and then pick up a $110 Disney gift card while redeeming the points. New to this and would appreciate the help.
Correct, or wait till they have a mutilplier, like use 100,000 get 140,000 worth.
Comes up about once a month

That's definitely the way I do it. However, I don't think they do cards in $110 denominations unless they have the loadable cards. Another way I do it is just get cash back at no frills and then buy a card or take the money from your account for groceries and just use points. This year I need to have cash to pay for our swan and dolphin reservation so I've been doing the other ways all year. I've gotten almost enough to completely pay for my hotel though! Good luck, it gets addictive!

Yes, your points are valued at $110 for redemption. Another 2000 points and you can increase that value to $120.
If your in no hurry, every two/three months or so shoppers offers a special where if you redeem 100,000 points they will give you the value of 150.000. So you get to spend $150 but only use $100 worth of points. Hope that is clear.

Yes, your points are valued at $110 for redemption. Another 2000 points and you can increase that value to $120.
If your in no hurry, every two/three months or so shoppers offers a special where if you redeem 100,000 points they will give you the value of 150.000. So you get to spend $150 but only use $100 worth of points. Hope that is clear.
To do this you also need to purchase $100 worth of items at Shoppers at the same time, correct?

To do this you also need to purchase $100 worth of items at Shoppers at the same time, correct?

yup. you can’t redeem points for gift cards directly, so you have to buy 50$ (or whatever $) of stuff, redeem your points for it, and pay directly for the gift card.

in my experience, some stores will let you do it all in one transaction, others will not. picky cashiers will say the gift card has to be a separate transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter