PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I just came back from Shoppers and bought a round of essentials and stuff we use all on sale. $50.97 pre-tax and $15 in points. Thanks for the heads up!

They had life brand bandaids on sale plus buy 2 get 1,500 pts. I didn't get the points for those. I asked about it and was told any item in the store that has points attached to it, I will NOT get those points during a 20X event. I have got to remember this.

I just came back from Shoppers and bought a round of essentials and stuff we use all on sale. $50.97 pre-tax and $15 in points. Thanks for the heads up!

They had life brand bandaids on sale plus buy 2 get 1,500 pts. I didn't get the points for those. I asked about it and was told any item in the store that has points attached to it, I will NOT get those points during a 20X event. I have got to remember this.

i am not positive, but i feel like that might be some
misinformation. worth submitting a missing miles request to confirm, in my opinion!

That's part of the Canadian Code of Scanning - i wish it wasn't a voluntary programme! Zehrs is part as well and i got a crockpot for under $5 because it rang up at 3X the shelf price -- they only have to give a MAX $10 -- and i used the free gift card from the Bread Scandal, good day 🤣

I didn’t know the Canadian Code of Scanning was voluntary! The QC version is mandatory and all stores have to adhere. I remember one time getting a lot of free baby stuff at Zellers because their pricing was always messed up and I was paying attention at the cash...

ARG! Just back from my Shoppers trip. So mad at the store and myself.

I had everything on my list, hit $50.12 pre-tax to get my 20x. I'm using the self-check out, doing my thing. I go to pay, check to make sure my taxes are good, yup. Proceed to pay, look at my receipt...no 20x points!

I'm in the car looking it over to see where I went wrong. Well, the stupid soya sauce was priced at 3.79 on the shelf, but I only got charged 3.49! Doh! I just got off the live chat and they would not give me a break for 0.30.

Now, us Pros all know that we should throw in a chocolate bar or something for good measure at the checkout, but I had my prices all down.

*sigh* Now I am relaxing, drinking a Coke Zero and waiting for the Raptors game to start in 1.5 hours in which I will get all worked up again LOL

First World problems...*rant over*

Did something similar last week-

I had a spend $30/get 15x the points, went to Loblaws, refreshed the app as I walked out the door and then realized I hadn't paid enough attention and it was a Shoppers exclusive offer. So you know where I went next!

3,200 points at Loblaws and 8,800 at Shoppers.

ARG! Just back from my Shoppers trip. So mad at the store and myself.
Been there...done that too. I hate when that happens!!!! Ugh. Especially when I had been careful and planned out the whole shop!!!! First world problems I guess :tilt:

When I was a cashier at No Frills for a bit last year....that scanning code of ethics, was a pain in my side. There were always people who will purposely scan that whole store ( they will spend hours in the store, and are always the same people ) who will watch for that. You know who they are, and silently pray that they don't pick your lane. But for those people who don't purposely look for that and happen to catch it scanning wrong, they are happy to get their item for free...and we were happy to do it for them.

Those people...and then the ones who want you to price match every single item they have, even though they have 50 items and it's 2:30 in the afternoon with a line of 10+ people behind them lol. I know our No Frills here now limits the number of items they will price match. Or else, they will have to come in multiple times a day/week to get all the items for cheaper. I would silently pray that those ones too would not come into my lane lol. Being a cashier is not as easy as people think it is lol. And most of the time " those " people are the rudest, and just angry at the world type of people. I found it hard to handle their energy some days.

I was able to get to Shopper's for a few items this weekend as well...score 24,000. I still have a milk offer I want to use. I'll wait for my milk drinkers to clear off what they hubby bought yesterday before bringing home another one.

Now over 300,000 points for the year so far!!! Not too bad for half a year!!!!

I’ve been burned before by that Scanning Code of Practice at Shoppers. One time I noticed the item rang in at a higher price, so I pointed it out, they got a merchandiser to check, brought back the shelf price sticker and proceeded to give me $10 off on the item. It was so unexpected, I should have been happy but it reduced my total below the threshold for my loaded PC points offer. I know saving money is important but sometimes so are those points, lol.

So I received the Tuesday offer which was spend $30 get 8000 PC points. Easy enough so I checked my offers before I headed over. Had one for BOGO Ben and Jerrys, BONUS! Had the milk one as well.
Spent $35.37 before tax, received 16,627 in points. That's almost a 50% return. I love this program!
I just checked my offers as yours were great but unfortunately my $30 get 8000 PC points is not valid until tomorrow and the Ben and Jerry's BOGO expires today. I've never had a milk one either. Is that specific to certain provinces? I live in ON.

I just checked my offers as yours were great but unfortunately my $30 get 8000 PC points is not valid until tomorrow and the Ben and Jerry's BOGO expires today. I've never had a milk one either. Is that specific to certain provinces? I live in ON.

I get the milk one most weeks (in Ontario). I buy milk at Shoppers pretty much every week, and doing it 2 or 3 weeks in a row seemed to be the trigger to get the initial offer. If I don’t use it for some reason, it will often mean I lose the offer for a week or two.

Mine was the Tuesday text we get every week, was yours? I have never seen that offer be good for any other day then Tuesday. It always expires at midnight.
Also, with the milk offer, its 20x's the points and I only started getting it a couple months ago. I know others were getting it way before me. I have had it maybe 5 or 6 times now. It comes with the new offers that post on Thursdays. Comes as a Special Offer at the bottom of the page. I also live in Ontario so that would not be it.

Thanks! will need to find out what Shoppers charges for milk as it would mean going out of my way. The nearest Shoppers to us was built just a few years ago but does not have a cold food or freezer section. Would mean going a whole 2KMs to 2 other Shoppers! 🙃

Mine was the Tuesday text we get every week, was yours? I have never seen that offer be good for any other day then Tuesday. It always expires at midnight.
Also, with the milk offer, its 20x's the points and I only started getting it a couple months ago. I know others were getting it way before me. I have had it maybe 5 or 6 times now. It comes with the new offers that post on Thursdays. Comes as a Special Offer at the bottom of the page. I also live in Ontario so that would not be it.
I just looked at my Shoppers offer is 15x the points when I spend $30 or more in the store. But, it also is muted and says it's 'Coming Soon > Available tomorrow'

The ice cream BOGO is at the bottom of my offers and says it's a FLASH SALE - 12:00AM to 11:59P today only!

I just looked at my Shoppers offer is 15x the points when I spend $30 or more in the store. But, it also is muted and says it's 'Coming Soon > Available tomorrow'

The ice cream BOGO is at the bottom of my offers and says it's a FLASH SALE - 12:00AM to 11:59P today only!
Have you signed up for the texts from Shoppers? If you have text you really should, some of the offers are really good.
The milk at my Shoppers is $4.39. I don't know if that's standard or not but that's what I pay then, with the 20 times offer it makes it a great deal.

Have you signed up for the texts from Shoppers? If you have text you really should, some of the offers are really good.
The milk at my Shoppers is $4.39. I don't know if that's standard or not but that's what I pay then, with the 20 times offer it makes it a great deal.
No I haven't signed up...yet! Thanks for letting me know about these. I'll go do that now.

Milk is comparable and a better price with the points!

Can I stack the one-time use 10,000/$40 mobile sign up offer with a 20x/$40 targeted offer?

I don't think so. Those offers like that don't usually stack. The way it was explained to me was, the register will pick the better deal for you and give you that deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter