PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I decided to send a missing points request for the 5000 I should have received for using my PC mastercard. Chances were that they come with the bill but I thought I would ask them just to make sure I wasn't leaving anything on the table.
Sent my request in 15 minutes ago, just got this email....

Thanks for reaching out to us with your recent points inquiry.

We’re happy to let you know that 5,000 points have been added to your account!

Apologies for the inconvenience,

The PC Optimum Team

Man, they are quick with the reply. AM would still be thinking about this 6 weeks from now, lol. Moral of the story, if at any time you are missing points just send off a request and you will have them pronto.

No, they only seem to carry them around Christmas time. They are very elusive! LOL

That is why I'm trying to make the most of my earnings while I keep finding a stash of them at Walmart. Who knows if they plan to keep a small stock of them.

Holy smokes this programme is even more confusing than i thought it was .. like I'm reading Greek! Maybe if we shopped at some of the stores we would have more of a push to figure it out :confused3

When I try pulling the flyer up with my postal code it doesn't show either. It is in the flyer that is delivered to my home though so go figure. Not sure why one would show it and another wouldn't. Also, in the flyer online it doesn't show the House and Home pages, which is where the offer is, so maybe they just left those pages out?? Not sure.
I would suggest you check your home flyer or a instore flyer before purchase just in case your area doesn't have the offer but as I said, doesn't show online with my postal code but does show in my home flyer and on my PC offers site. Post and let me know how you make out.

Hey, guess what -> it worked! I never did bother phoning. I've been too busy running around today, though my steps don't seem to show it. I just came back from Loblaws. I debated and thought what the heck. I know my husband is going to order Swiss Chalet while working overtime tomorrow. I might as well pick up a gift card and see if it works. If not, no difference. It's money he was going to spend tomorrow anyways.

It worked! 5,000 for the gift card and another 4,200 for groceries.
I also had $20 available to redeem before my shop so I redeemed that $20 and am tucking that $20 away in our August trip fund.

Thanks Tinkerone! I would never have know about the gift card offer if you hadn't mentioned it. I'll probably go back and pick up a couple more this week.

Last edited:

I only started collecting points at Shoppers just over a year ago and have redeemed more than $500 in points in that time. I have a small family of 3 and never seem to get great offers for no frills (the only pc store in my town) and in 7 years never got enough to redeem any before the merger. The closest food store to my house is Shoppers so I started buying milk and eggs there. Now i almost always have enough to buy on sale to hit the $50, if I don't I will grab and extra 1 or 2 jugs of milk and throw them in my freezer. It's a great way to hit the mark and not spend on things I wouldn't normally buy. Last year I was redeeming and buying gift cards, but this year I'm just putting the cash in a separate bank account that I can't access with my debit card. It's a great way to save and not have to use your own cash. i spent $59 and received over $17 in points just buying milk, eggs , butter etc.

This is so very helpful! I am shocked to see how different areas get such different offers!

Thank you for creating this thread!

I will be checking in quite often. My SO and I love the PCO program and we often have personal digital offers that stack with 20x weekends. I never knew Shoppers carried Disney GCs though!

Also, in case this is of help to anyone: Always scan your PC Optimum card where accepted - even if you're not making a qualifying purchase!

Every week we get more tailored point offers based on what we've previously purchased. It comes very handy for places like No Frills and RCSS where you don't gain points per $ compared to Shoppers.

We do a lot of grocery shopping at No Frills and nowadays we have PC point offers for everything from produce to deli meats.

thanks for sharing! i see that the best value is for 200K points. but...what to buy for that amount?
I'm going to scope out my Shoppers. They had a Ring doorbell there awhile ago and I'm hoping they still sell it. That's my big purchase. I might have to add a few smaller items to get to the $300 spend but it is a great deal for free. Fingers crossed.

Just to confirm though I'm 98% sure that the answer is no...

Do you earn points on gift card purchases? (I think you used to be able to do this when they first started Optimum)
Can you redeem points to buy gift cards?

Do you get points on prescription dispensing fees?

Thanks for starting this thread.

Just to confirm though I'm 98% sure that the answer is no...

Do you earn points on gift card purchases? (I think you used to be able to do this when they first started Optimum)
Can you redeem points to buy gift cards?

Do you get points on prescription dispensing fees?

Thanks for starting this thread.
To the best of my knowledge.....

-You only earn points on gift cards if they have a special promotion. An example of that is in this weeks Loblaws flyer (I see it in next weeks as well), for each $25 spent on specific gift cards you get 5000 points. The cards this week are Ultimate Dinning and two others, I thing one was Way Spa but you need to look.
-You can not redeem points to purchase gift cards unless you do it the backwards way. That is including the gift card in with other things you purchase and have the other things be equal to or more than the cost of the GC.
-I know in Ontario you don't get points on prescription drugs, even fees, but I believe I read that other provinces do allow that.

Read all that with a grain of salt as I'm fairly new to the PC program as well. I think it is all correct but someone may know different.

For anyone interested, looks like Shoppers is having the bonus redemption this weekend. Good time to redeem if they have what you want.
We did this at christmas. The youngest boy...all he asked for was a nintendo switch. And honestly, the kid never asks for anything. When we looked at the price of them...I was like nope...not going to happen. They have enough gaming systems, and with their phones, they spend way too much time on this stuff :sad2: The hubby kept looking at them, trying to find the cheapest way to buy it for him. Then I remembered that Shoppers sold them...and I had close to 500.00 worth of points. That weekend, they were having the " sale on spending the points " We got the gaming system and 2 games...and all we had to pay was another 38.00 and use most of my points. But he was a happy camper...and I didn't have to spend the 500.00 or more for a new system. :hyper2:
So if you have something big you want to buy from Shoppers...it definitely pays to wait until they have redemption sale weekend!

I'm going to scope out my Shoppers. They had a Ring doorbell there awhile ago and I'm hoping they still sell it. That's my big purchase. I might have to add a few smaller items to get to the $300 spend but it is a great deal for free. Fingers crossed.

maybe i’ll go and take a look around too. i don’t have 200K points, but I could still redeem one of the lower levels and get a smaller bonus. we’ll see what kind of use i could get from those points.

i hope they have your doorbell!

Do you earn points on gift card purchases?

You do not earn the base 15 pts/1$ spent in the Shoppers store for giftcards, but if you have the PC Financial Mastercard you do get points for the gift card purchase, or any other purchase at Shoppers, at different rates depending on which card you have. So for gift cards you would get: 10 points per dollar for President's Choice Financial mastercard holders, 20 points per dollar for President's Choice Financial World mastercard holders, and 30 points per dollar for President's Choice Financial World Elite mastercard holders.

I have the top tier, the world elite card.
On regular purchases at Shoppers, I get 15 pts (regular) + 30 pts (bonus for using m/c) = 45 pts per dollar (100$ purchase = 4500 pts = 4.5$ = 4.5% return)
On gift card purchases at Shoppers, I get 30 pts (bonus for using m/c) only = 30 pts per dollar (100$ gift card purchase = 3000 pts = 3$ = 3% return)

And this is without any extra promotions that they sometimes have for purchasing gift cards.

We did this at christmas. The youngest boy...all he asked for was a nintendo switch. And honestly, the kid never asks for anything. When we looked at the price of them...I was like nope...not going to happen. They have enough gaming systems, and with their phones, they spend way too much time on this stuff :sad2: The hubby kept looking at them, trying to find the cheapest way to buy it for him. Then I remembered that Shoppers sold them...and I had close to 500.00 worth of points. That weekend, they were having the " sale on spending the points " We got the gaming system and 2 games...and all we had to pay was another 38.00 and use most of my points. But he was a happy camper...and I didn't have to spend the 500.00 or more for a new system. :hyper2:
So if you have something big you want to buy from Shoppers...it definitely pays to wait until they have redemption sale weekend!

We did the same thing at Christmas. Got a Switch, multiple controllers, multiple games, chargers...I had over 3000000 points and was getting leery of getting them stolen. Waiting for these extra redemption days pays off really well for the higher amounts. If I don't have enough to get to 300$, I will usually buy groceries to fill up the order, or toys, etc. Those adorable squishmallows? I must have bought 20 one day with points (3 kids, 5 nieces, 3 nephews...) they gave me a giant transparent garbage bag to take them home in.

My offers for this week include a spend threshold! $100/10,000 points. PLUS, for every $50 on Joe Fresh, get 10,000! I have to buy DS some swimsuits and flip flops for Mexico, so there's a $100! Plus, my targeted offers are awesome this week! I think I will do the Joe Fresh clothes and get 30,000 for those two offers, then do my regular grocery shop on the weekend and cash in 50,000 points for another WDW card :)

PCoptimum credit card 5k bonus for shopping Sat Mar 2 at Shoppers have posted on our accounts, says Esso but it said that on all their Shoppers credit cards promos in the fall as well (we fill gas at Shell so easy to spot). Not sure what day it posted, I'm behind on checking these things.

upload_2019-3-7_10-53-49.png

Stopped in to Shoppers to do the spend 200,000 get the value of 300,000. Went to get my doorbell, which I thought was a Ring but turned out to be a Nest (potato, patato). The doorbell was $299.99. I learned that you need to spend $300 for the bonus to kick in, tax does not count. So, happy Easter to me, I got a crème egg to make up for the penny I needed to add.
Lesson learned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!