Payment for O'Hana's dinner?

sissybells

<font color=green>"Second star to the right and st
We aren't doing the O'hana's Luau we just want to go for dinner. It looks like it's a set price for adults and children. My question is that when I call to make a PS do they need payment then or since it isn't the Luau show do they just get your payment at the restaurant itself? I hope that didn't sound confusing. THank You.

if you are eating up in the Ohana restaraunt you pay like every other restaruant, when you get the bill. $23.99 adults and $9.99 kids. for the buffet, yummy!:tongue:

You're talking about 2 diff things. One is Ohana - buffet restaurant, the other is the Luau.

I cannot speak for the Luau since I've never done it, but at Ohana, it's just like any other restaurant. You go in, you sit, you eat, you take off your belt, you unbutton the top button of your pants because you're stuffed to the gills :teeth: , and then you pay while you wonder how you could've eaten all that food!

Yep, two diff things. Luau is diff than Ohanas restaurant.

Ohanas is just like any other restaurant... you get the bill at the end of your meal and pay =)

I am not sure what the Luau dinner payment is... I've only been to that once, and I was 6 =)

Just one correction here. Ohana is not a buffet. It is all you can eat, served family style by waiters...or "cousins" as they are called at Ohana. There is no buffet line and no need to get up out of your seat, unless you want to participate in the coconut races or hula hoop contests. ;)
When making a PS for Ohana there is no charge.

Ohana sounds great. I am considering eating there on my next trip and I had a few questions myself.
*Can you eat as many appetizers and entrees as you want? I remember hearing you could ask for more food for no additional fee, but I didn't know if appetizers could be applied to this as well?
*What drinks are included with the fee--just water or other drinks as well?
*How likely is it you will get a window seat for the MK fireworks?
*Can you order desserts at Ohana from Kona?
*How did you enjoy the food?

Thanks! :p

mariamouse ::MinnieMo

Ohana is one of our favorite restaurants. We make a tradition to go there our first night in Orlando.

When you enter the restaurant, your hostess will take you through the dessert aisle first! (Just so you know what's waiting at the end of the rainbow). Then he'll take you to your table passing the open grill kitchen. He'll bring you some bread/rolls for your table. Then he/she will bring you a platter for the middle of your table consisting of honey coriander chicken wings, shrimp dumplings, the most heavenly green beans, green salad, fried rice, and 3 dipping sauces.

Your server will then bring you skewers of steak, turkey, spicy shrimp and pork loin. You can ask for whatever you want. If you want more shrimp, the server will bring you more shrimp. If you want more of the stuff on the platter, they'll bring that too.

Once you're meal is done, the finishing touch to every Ohana meal is pineapple slices with caramel dipping sauce. YUMMY!

At this point you may or may not want to get dessert. I've only once gotten dessert. I'm usually way too stuffed to eat dessert, besides the pineapple slices are usually good enough for us.

In the middle of your meal, your kids may get called on to do some coconut racing, or hula hoops. This is very fun and good photo op, and it may get wild and loud.

Overall... Ohana ROCKS:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Are there tables that are located away from the kid's games? Nothing wrong with the games but our youngest "kid" is 17 and we kind of want a quiet table away from the action.

Yes, this year we got seated off to one corner of the room. Last year were were near the windows and in full view of the children doing the hula-hoop. It's certainly not like being on a playground or anything. The kids are just brought out into the wider walkways and the CM in charge of the game oversees things and then sends the kids back to their seats. Not a big deal if you don't have little ones ... but it is entertaining to watch all the fun. I wish we had been seated out where the action was this year ... it was a little too sedate for me!

Please note that your meal cames with refillable non-alcoholic beverages (soda, lemonade, coffee) ... those wonderful desserts that they take you past and the umbrella festooned island drinks cost extra $$$$$$.

We have found that we are stuffed with just what comes with the meal. We've asked for refills of the shrimp & vegetable wontons (yum!) several times and the server is more than happy to accomodate.

We love O'Hana's!!!

we were seated behind the fire pit and you couldnt even hear or see the kids, we had a child joined the games and if we want to see we had to get up and go in front of the fire pit. it was nice but some games by the time my child got to the other side the games were filled, but she had fun the ones she got there in time for, hula hoop.

yes im sorry i mention food buffet, they bring your food on skewers to the table as much as you can eat or want even the big dish of salad, beans, wantons and sauces, just ask for more, the dessert is pinapples dipped in caremal or butterscotch, i am not a pinapple fan but it was good !

Just wanted to add a little tip while dining at 'Ohana - Bring a sweatshirt!!! I LOVE 'Ohana and would eat there twice during a visit if I could but my family and I are always super cold!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter