Pay In Full

Drewmama

Mouseketeer
Is there any advantage to paying your cruise off before the due date? If I pay it off and the price drops (probably doesn't happen with a Disney cruise), does it prevent me from getting a price adjustment?

Is there any advantage to paying your cruise off before the due date? If I pay it off and the price drops (probably doesn't happen with a Disney cruise), does it prevent me from getting a price adjustment?
There's no advantage paying in full early. No disadvantage, either. Just means DCL gets your money sooner.

Typically, if the price changes there's no adjustment.

There's no advantage paying in full early. No disadvantage, either. Just means DCL gets your money sooner.

Typically, if the price changes there's no adjustment.

I guess DCL is different from RCCL. On RCCL, if the price drops before PIF date, you can cancel and rebook at the lower price. If there were any promotions (i.e., OBC) associated with the original booking, you would lose those so you have to weigh everything, not just the cruise price.

I guess DCL is different from RCCL. On RCCL, if the price drops before PIF date, you can cancel and rebook at the lower price. If there were any promotions (i.e., OBC) associated with the original booking, you would lose those so you have to weigh everything, not just the cruise price.
If a GT rate comes up before PIF you can cancel and re-book. It doesn't happen often, but it has. We were able to do this for the 2013 EBPC. I don't know if it's happened anytime more recently.

Yes, you can do that. As you say, it's a cancellation and rebooking, not an adjustment.

If a GT rate comes up before PIF you can cancel and re-book. It doesn't happen often, but it has. We were able to do this for the 2013 EBPC. I don't know if it's happened anytime more recently.

We cancelled and rebooked our B2B Fantasy cruises after the PIF date, and still saved $1000 even with the penalties.

One reason to pay it off early if your gold or platinum you can’t book excursions,palo,remy etc until your cruise is paid off. A lot of cruises the pif date is 90 days. Platinum can book at 120 and gold 105 but you can’t if your cruise is not paid off.

If I pay it off and the price drops (probably doesn't happen with a Disney cruise), does it prevent me from getting a price adjustment?

IF the price truly drops (not a special offer), you can request the new fare but it won’t be automatic. However, that is very unlikely. Port fees and taxes do adjust, and that will automatically be refunded (if PIF) or balance due adjusted (if not PIF). As others have mentioned, special offers don’t typically appear until after the final PIF date and penalties would be incurred. It may or may not be worth the penalty.

No real benefit to paying early, other than to know it’s done.

Enjoy your cruise!

I would suggest always paying it off a little early in case there are problems around your pif date, such as:
Power or internet outage
Credit card is compromised and need a new one
Disney IT problems

Don't wait until last minute!
Costco requires a pif early for this very reason

Whenever I can I do pay off early - there has never been an advantage to it for me, other than it makes it easier for me to stay organized. I admit I'm a bit OCD, so checking each thing off my list (cruise payoff, airfare, preaying tips, transportation, etc.) as I am able is less stressful for me and usually leaves me with a bit more spending money when the actual cruise comes around because I wasn't saving near the end to payoff the major expenses.

^^^ Same as DISNEYFAN3260 I don't pay too early or wait to the last minute when there could be some sort of a snafu. I'll pre-pay the gratuities and keep myself organized. Less stressful and then I will be ready to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter