Pay In Full Ahead of Date

cutedisneygirly

DIS Veteran
If I pay off my cruise before the PIF date and have to cancel before the PIF date (for some unforseen reason), do we get the full refund? We have purchased insurance.

Just wondering if I should pay off the balance now or leave a little bit left for when we get closer to the PIF date in July.

if you pay in full and cancel before PiF you will get a full refund i think the exceptions are concierge where you lose the deposit or IGT/OGT/VGT rates where you pay in full upfront and will lose the whole amount if cancelled.

I will be paying in full at 90 days because I can't book my silver CC stuff unless I'm PIF. That's 15 days before I have to. If something happens in that 15 days I can still get a refund

Yes. If you don't have preexisting conditions there is no reason to purchase travel insurance before the PIF date.

If I pay off my cruise before the PIF date and have to cancel before the PIF date (for some unforseen reason), do we get the full refund? We have purchased insurance.

Just wondering if I should pay off the balance now or leave a little bit left for when we get closer to the PIF date in July.
You'll get the full refund minus the travel insurance.

Refunds aside, there is no real advantage to paying in full that early. I would rather keep the money earning a little interest in my account instead of DCLs account. My PIF is Tuesday and I am paying it today just make sure there are no credit card issues.

You will get a refund if you cancel within the cancellation window even if you've already paid in full. However, I would never pay ahead of time unless there was a compelling reason. The process for getting a refund can take a while.

Thank you for the replies everyone. I like the idea of waiting and having the money earn interest in my bank account rather than Disney's, so I will wait.

I keep re reading the cancellation policy and want to be sure I understand it. If I put down a deposit and the cancelation policy says I will lose the deposit if I cancel at 89 dayside fewer (holiday time cruise), will I get a full refund of the deposit if I cancel ANY time prior to 89 days? Still not certain we are going but cabins are going fast since it’s the holidays.

I keep re reading the cancellation policy and want to be sure I understand it. If I put down a deposit and the cancelation policy says I will lose the deposit if I cancel at 89 dayside fewer (holiday time cruise), will I get a full refund of the deposit if I cancel ANY time prior to 89 days? Still not certain we are going but cabins are going fast since it’s the holidays.

As long as you're not Concierge you should. Concierge deposits are non-refundable.

also, I believe it's not just the travelers who could have pre existing conditions, but also family members of the travelers whose health issues could require cancellation

Thanks all. My dad, who will be on the cruise, has a pre-existing condition and we do have other family members who are not travelling who have pre-existing conditions. We always do the travel insurance with cruises just to be on the safe side.

Thank you for the replies everyone. I like the idea of waiting and having the money earn interest in my bank account rather than Disney's, so I will wait.
Where do you bank?
I had 20/22,000 in my daughters college savings account and called to see where my tax form was. Because it was $9.99 they don’t send ones less than $10.
I need a new bank!

Where do you bank?
I had 20/22,000 in my daughters college savings account and called to see where my tax form was. Because it was $9.99 they don’t send ones less than $10.
I need a new bank!

That is always my question when people go on and on about the interest they are getting. I'm like "So that 50 cents will really make a difference??"

That is always my question when people go on and on about the interest they are getting. I'm like "So that 50 cents will really make a difference??"
I'm saving way more than savings account interest by paying for the entire cruise with BJs discounted Disney gift cards. But, I don't want to order thousands of dollars of gift cards all at once! So, I'm buying some each month to pay off the cruise, and apply them to my cruise account as soon as they arrive in the mail.

OP stated the PIF date wasn’t until July. I just paid 5 figures for my cruise. With that money sitting in a money market savings account for 4 months, we are talking about a lot more than 50 cents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!