Path to Wilderness Lodge

ConnecticutNonna

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to take the path to Wilderness Lodge using a Golf Cart?
First timers at the cabins, and thinking about breakfast stuff WL.
TIA

Is it possible to take the path to Wilderness Lodge using a Golf Cart?
First timers at the cabins, and thinking about breakfast stuff WL.
TIA

No, there is a nice walking, biking path on the side of the road, the road is for Authorized Disney vehicles only. No cars, no golf carts.

Although if the OP is in the cabins, if you turn down past the 2000 loop and ignore the sign that says "Official Vehicles Only Past This Point", you can save a portion of the distance and walk down to catch the walking paved trail there. It saves about a third of the distance of the trail (although the distance to walk from the sign to the trail might negate any distance saved if you can cart down to the Tri Circle D horse barn and park there).

Whatever, I guess...:confused3

Last edited:
We would probably "cart" down and walk the rest of the way.
Thank you all for your help!

Well there is no cart parking past 2000 (I was unclear).

Cart to Pioneer Hall and walk the full mile from there or....

Walk from your cabin down past 2000 to the T-intersection with the bus road and walking trail, hang a left, and walk to Wilderness Lodge.

I'm saying the distance walked is approximately the same (depending on where your cabin is).

Here is a picture:

Cabins to WL Walk.jpg

1. If your cabin is close to loop 2000 (like loop 2200), you can walk the yellow line past loop 2000, turn left, walk pick up the paved walking trail to Wilderness Lodge (WL).

2. Or you can park your Golf Cart (GC Park) down near Pioneer Hall, and walk the yellow line all the way to WL.

3. If your cabin is as far away as possible (loop 2800), you have to walk the orange line towards loop 2200 then, turn left and pick up the yellow line as described in #1.

4. Or as snowmedic says, cart to Pioneer Hall as in #2, then pick up the bus which parallels the walking trail to WL.

So many choices, it has me confused. Do whatever feels good the day you decide to go. :crazy:

Bama Ed

PS - although the 2800 is so far away, if you're there then the distance is obviously not the same. Cart and walk/bus then...

Last edited:

I wouldn’t risk “carting” past the group camping just past the 2000 loop, I did that one year and was stopped and asked if I was a CM and was told in a nice way that only Authorized vehicles where to be on that road.

There is also a bus that runs from the Settlement bus stop to WL and back if you need to take it.

Although if the OP is in the cabins, if you turn down past the 2000 loop and ignore the sign that says "Official Vehicles Only Past This Point", you can save a portion of the distance and walk down to catch the walking paved trail there. It saves about a third of the distance of the trail (although the distance to walk from the sign to the trail might negate any distance saved if you can cart down to the Tri Circle D horse barn and park there).

Whatever, I guess...:confused3

I guess the parking area there will stay until they get the horse barn rebuilt up front. Then it seems the Tri Circle D in it's current spot will be part of the new DVC construction.

If you're in Cabin Loop 2300, and want to save some walking, take the Purple Bus directly to The Settlement and walk the WL path from there. Or connect to the WL bus at The Settlement if you don't feel like walking. Depending on the time of day there are a lot of deer between FW and WL.

Well there is no cart parking past 2000 (I was unclear).

Cart to Pioneer Hall and walk the full mile from there or....

Walk from your cabin down past 2000 to the T-intersection with the bus road and walking trail, hang a left, and walk to Wilderness Lodge.

I'm saying the distance walked is approximately the same (depending on where your cabin is).

Here is a picture:

View attachment 375128

1. If your cabin is close to loop 2000 (like loop 2200), you can walk the yellow line past loop 2000, turn left, walk pick up the paved walking trail to Wilderness Lodge (WL).

2. Or you can park your Golf Cart (GC Park) down near Pioneer Hall, and walk the yellow line all the way to WL.

3. If your cabin is as far away as possible (loop 2800), you have to walk the orange line towards loop 2200 then, turn left and pick up the yellow line as described in #1.

4. Or as snowmedic says, cart to Pioneer Hall as in #2, then pick up the bus which parallels the walking trail to WL.

So many choices, it has me confused. Do whatever feels good the day you decide to go. :crazy:

Bama Ed

PS - although the 2800 is so far away, if you're there then the distance is obviously not the same. Cart and walk/bus then...
@Breezy2 Thanks!
@bama_ed (Roll Tide Roll)
Map much appreciated, great info!
@snowmedic Are they cranky? (The campers I mean.)
@PaHunter That's not changing within the next month, right?

All great info. We're heading to Whispering Canyoun for breakfast on our check out day. Hopefully there will be some animals along the way. (Although we usually have a front yard full of obstreperous turkeys at home, they don't impress me much!)

Last edited:
@Breezy2 Thanks!
@bama_ed (Roll Tide Roll)
Map much appreciated, great info!
@snowmedic Are they cranky? (The campers I mean.)
@PaHunter That's not changing within the next month, right?

All great info. We're heading to Whispering Canyoun for breakfast on our check out day. Hopefully there will be some animals along the way. (Although we usually have a front yard full of obstreperous turkeys at home, they don't impress me much!)

Thinking ahead for my friends from Mississippi:

From Dictionary.com:

obstreperous

[uhb-strep-er-uhs]
See more synonyms for obstreperous on Thesaurus.com
adjective
  1. resisting control or restraint in a difficult manner; unruly.
  2. noisy, clamorous, or boisterous obstreperous children
Bama Ed

PS - we have a saying in the state of Alabama: whatever list Alabama is 49th in, Mississippi is 50th.....

if you don't mind a few extra steps and want to add some adventure to the trip. About half way through the walk there is a trail across the street that goes to the shoreline of Bay Lake. Go to the shoreline and turn left. Or right if you want to sneak down to the back side of river country:rolleyes1.

Wilderness trail.JPG

The trail that FFstreetDoc shows is no longer open since the Lodge built the cabins on the lake, there is a fence there that you can't get around or thru. There is also now No Trespassing signs on that pathway that leads to the old walking trail between the Lodge and the Fort.

The trail that FFstreetDoc shows is no longer open since the Lodge built the cabins on the lake, there is a fence there that you can't get around or thru. There is also now No Trespassing signs on that pathway that leads to the old walking trail between the Lodge and the Fort.

Well that sucks! lol Several years ago the wife and I rode our bikes down that path until we were almost at the old river country site. Sat in the grass and watched Wishes. Then a vehicle came and we had to ditch the bikes in the tall grass and lay down until it passed lol. To this day we have no clue what else could have been in that grass with us :duck:

Well that sucks! lol Several years ago the wife and I rode our bikes down that path until we were almost at the old river country site. Sat in the grass and watched Wishes. Then a vehicle came and we had to ditch the bikes in the tall grass and lay down until it passed lol. To this day we have no clue what else could have been in that grass with us :duck:

I think that's near where they are building the new Reflections Resort. Someone in another thread it's going to be near old river country area. https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-resorts/reflections-disney-lakeside-lodge/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter