Password Problem and Disney+

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
When Disney+ dropped on Tuesday, I happily created my account, complete with a new password, and logged in. Everything was great...

...then, on Thursday, I tried to log in to my DVC Member account...incorrect password...invalid credentials...>:(. I know that I entered it correctly because I used several methods including copying and pasting from my password manager program and directly typing it in...no luck. I checked my e-mail, just to see if I had received something saying my password had been changed...nope. Before I went through the "forgot password" option (because I *didn't* forget it!), I thought I would try entering the password I had just created on my Disney+ account....POOF! It worked! It sent me right to my dashboard.

So...how on earth did my DVC Member Account password get CHANGED to my Disney+ password? Was it just a temporary glitch? Ugh! I *HATE* Disney IT...

Same happened here, it does not make sense that access to a streaming service has the same log-in as my DVC account. I got Disney+ for our family to use so now I have to share my DVC password for their (our kids) access? There has to be another/better way.

...and now, I tried to log in to my DVC account again and NONE of my passwords work >:( :badpc: It told me to try again later.

Yes, Disney + will be the same login as your other Disney logins. I made an account with my normal info and then thought I would change it in order to be able to share the login credentials with family, without sharing my normal login info. It changed my email & password for my Disney account. This apparently is how it is supposed to be. I ended up on hold for 3 hours (on opening day) before someone was able to change things back to my original info (there was an issue with being able to change my email back).

It happened to me too. My DVC log in is now my Disney+.

I am assuming it has to do with the email Being the same. Oh well.

It's because of a shared user services backend and a desire to have SSO across all Disney properties.

Happened to me too. I changed my disney experience password and then the disney plus account froze up and says I have to call them to fix it. Why put someone on hold for 2 hours to fix a password issue. Tried changing password again but same error.

When logging in to Disney+ for the first time, we noticed a statement instructing us to use the same email and password we used for our other Disney accounts. Fortunately when we signed up at D23 we used an email address that’s not linked to our DVC or MDE - and we were happy to have escaped that problem. I won’t be surprised at to hear that Disney is getting a lot of complaints.

I am using the same email, but I have different passwords for DVC and disney+
I signed up early for disney+ with the 3-year deal. I have been watching disney+ and also just made a reservation logging into my DVC account.

I am using the same email, but I have different passwords for DVC and disney+
I signed up early for disney+ with the 3-year deal. I have been watching disney+ and also just made a reservation logging into my DVC account.

Interesting because when I signed up for Disney+, I used a different password. When I went to log in to DVC, it wouldn’t let me in. I used the Disney+ password, and sure enough, it worked.

So now, my DVC password has been changed to Disney+. Not ideal but not that big of a deal that I am going to spend time on the phone with Disney to switch back!

I had the same issue, apparently all my Disney related passwords have been changed to my Disney+ password. Not that big of a deal but would have been nice to know ahead of time..

If you want to change your password (back to your previous password):
1. Logon to DVC
2. Select "My DVC"
3. Select "My Profile"
4. Select "Go to Disney Account"

If you want to change your password (back to your previous password):
1. Logon to DVC
2. Select "My DVC"
3. Select "My Profile"
4. Select "Go to Disney Account"

Will this just change DVC or change my Disney+ too?

I had a similar issue. I created a Disney+ account and used a different password. Then, I tried to login to my DVC account with my usual DVC password and it didn't work. Went back to the Disney+ site and changed my password to my DVC password. I received a warning that it would change my password across all of my Disney accounts. After changing the password at the Disney+ site, it successfully changed the password for all accounts. I didn't have to call.

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2019/11/17/thousands-of-disney-accounts-hacked-and-sold/

Thousands of Disney+ Accounts Hacked and Sold
By
Monica Street
-
November 17, 2019

Hackers did not waste any time hacking and selling Disney+ account information.

Disney+ launched on November 12 in the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands. Astonishingly, the service had already obtained 10 million customers in the first 24 hours.

With millions of people creating accounts and watching new content, it did not take long for hackers to get into thousands of accounts, steal personal information like usernames and passwords, and then give away or sell that information on hacking forums.

Users reported receiving emails that their account information was changed and then could not access their account, essentially locking them out of the Disney+ service.

Some users have admitted that they use the same login/password combinations for Disney+ as they do for their other accounts. This leads us to believe hackers are simply using known email/password combinations to gain access.

Other users have said that they have unique passwords, which means it is likely hackers are getting credentials from information-stealing malware.

Accounts were put up for sale on hacking forums within hours of launch, selling for anywhere from $3 to $11 per account.

Many accounts were just posted for free, allowing others to grab that information without paying and use it to watch the service. Since the service can be downloaded onto 10 devices per account and 4 devices can watch at the same time, this allows people to freeload off paid users.

Talk about frustrating.

I went to log onto my My Disney Experience account today so I could start planning for our trip. My user name and password didn’t work. I spent over an hour waiting for technical support. The person helping me was finally able to reset my password. I asked her if I should use the new password on my Disney+ account and was told “yes”. Guess what? I cannot log onto my Disney+ account now. Neither the old password or the new password works! I called the support number for Disney+ and the person I talked to sent me several emails to reset my Disney+ password (I used the same password as my MDE password). She said she would have to put in a work ticket for my problem. In the meantime, I cannot access Disney+! But at least I am now able to log onto my MDE account.

TC :cool1:

Disney likes the same user and password throughout all the DIsney sites. I have to login names, erll, one is my email and the other was a user name created years ago when go.com was more of an internet gateway for everyone. They both use the same password, and both work on all the Disney sites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!