passports

Ali and boyz

DIS Veteran
does anybody know what is the proceedure is when you have a severe disability and live miles away from London when the machine readable passports run out and we all have to get a visa to travel to America.

The visa wiaver program is not being ended. If you enter the US with a machine readable UK passport now, you will be able to continue to do so when you renew it. I believe that you will just renew your UK passport by post, in the usual way.

I understand that the UK machine readable passports now have a microchip embedded in them which initially will have your photo in electronic form (scanned from the photo you provide). It will have the capability of holding a fingerprint too if that is decided necessary in the future.

If you are just entering the US as a tourist, and you qualify for the Visa Waiver Program, you won't need to visit the US embassy in London to get a visa.

Andrew

thanks Andrew, that is good news. I was under the impression that when the present passport expired you had to get a visa.

it would have been a nightmare for people with severe disablilities to get down to london.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter