Passholder Room Rates help please

Mama_Cass

Mouseketeer
We are traveling from Toronto and arrive late Friday night (October 25th). Assuming the ticket booths are still open at that time we are buying an AP for this trip so will have one and can hopefully activate it upon arrival (drop our bags at hotel around 10:30/11 PM and head straight to the ticket booths. A few questions:
1. Is this possible? Do ticket booths activate APs right until close?
2. Can anyone find the AP rates for the Grand from October 25-October 28 for me please?
3. How do I go about booking the room now at the AP rate without actually having it activated yet? Do I call?
4. We currently have these nights booked at full rates. Do we just keep this booking and they can apply AP rates at check in?

Thank you so much for your help and time :)

We are traveling from Toronto and arrive late Friday night (October 25th). Assuming the ticket booths are still open at that time we are buying an AP for this trip so will have one and can hopefully activate it upon arrival (drop our bags at hotel around 10:30/11 PM and head straight to the ticket booths. A few questions:
1. Is this possible? Do ticket booths activate APs right until close?
2. Can anyone find the AP rates for the Grand from October 25-October 28 for me please?
3. How do I go about booking the room now at the AP rate without actually having it activated yet? Do I call?
4. We currently have these nights booked at full rates. Do we just keep this booking and they can apply AP rates at check in?

Thank you so much for your help and time :)
I have done just what you are asking about for a stay in December.
I do not have an AP right now but I will be getting one on my October trip.

You will need to CALL and modify your current reservation to an AP Special.
They only have a certain number of these AP Room Specials available.
You may find there are none left for your dates.

You will have to show an AP at the time of Check-in to get the special.

Since I do not have a current active AP I can not check the rates for you... Sorry.

Geemo

I have done just what you are asking about for a stay in December.
I do not have an AP right now but I will be getting one on my October trip.

You will need to CALL and modify your current reservation to an AP Special.
They only have a certain number of these AP Room Specials available.
You may find there are none left for your dates.

You will have to show an AP at the time of Check-in to get the special.

Since I do not have a current active AP I can not check the rates for you... Sorry.

Geemo

Thank you for the rest of the info :)

A few clarifications- "AP Hotel rates" basically aren't a thing any more. For the last year or so (and maybe longer?) what they tend to do is offer the same room special they offer the general public and throw in some small extras for AP holders-usually Fastpasses and a dining certificate. That's the current offer as well. Room discounts are the same as the general public offer- for GCH that's 20% off standard rooms and 25% off Premium rooms but for APs you get one FastPass per person and one $20 dining certificate per reservation... so... yay? Personally I don't think $20 and some FPs is worth the hassle of dropping your bags and running to the ticket booths to activate your AP.

Also, this special is only valid on Sun-Thurs night so only applies to the last night of your stay. As a reference, I pulled up the AP offer and see the following for GCH
Woods-Courtyard View:
10/25: $789, 10/26: $789, 10/27: $509
Deluxe Partial View:
10/25: $857, 10/26: $857, 10/27: $556
Downtown Disney View:
10/25: $897, 10/26: $897, 10/27: $599
Premium View:
10/25: $923, 10/26: $923, 10/27: $618

No availability for Standard View, I see the exact same rates if I just pull up the general public Holiday offer.

A few clarifications- "AP Hotel rates" basically aren't a thing any more. For the last year or so (and maybe longer?) what they tend to do is offer the same room special they offer the general public and throw in some small extras for AP holders-usually Fastpasses and a dining certificate. That's the current offer as well. Room discounts are the same as the general public offer- for GCH that's 20% off standard rooms and 25% off Premium rooms but for APs you get one FastPass per person and one $20 dining certificate per reservation... so... yay? Personally I don't think $20 and some FPs is worth the hassle of dropping your bags and running to the ticket booths to activate your AP.

Also, this special is only valid on Sun-Thurs night so only applies to the last night of your stay. As a reference, I pulled up the AP offer and see the following for GCH
Woods-Courtyard View:
10/25: $789, 10/26: $789, 10/27: $509
Deluxe Partial View:
10/25: $857, 10/26: $857, 10/27: $556
Downtown Disney View:
10/25: $897, 10/26: $897, 10/27: $599
Premium View:
10/25: $923, 10/26: $923, 10/27: $618

No availability for Standard View, I see the exact same rates if I just pull up the general public Holiday offer.

Thank you for the explanation! And yes I agree, probably not worth the hassle esp only being available the final night! Thank you very much for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter