Party of 2. One regular menu and one complicated allergy menu please! June 2018

So excited for your next trip! Maybe you can do some bonus posts :)

We leave Friday It snuck up on me so quick and now the last week the days have just been dragging on. Should I continue the reviews on this one since it's still just two of us or start a new one?

Ugh. I am so sorry for your terrible experience. People just don't listen. I hate that it ruined your evening and you were sick. I hope the next trip is better.

We had a great trip but this last day just was such poop. I'm so glad it happened on the last day and not the first though!

Your experience at Cape May makes me sad, especially since it’s my favorite place. I’m glad YC tried to make it right though

I could see why so many people love it. DH was in heaven. And if you could promise me a different chef and manager, we'd totally go back there.

Four, you didn't develop the allergy while she was taking you through the buffet.

Ohhhh, good point.

So, I can't end this on such an awful note. Because, really we had the best trip and I ate so well (and so much). So before my final review, how about a picture of the sunset on our last night from our balcony? If you have to be sick at Disney for awhile, this is what you want to see
enhance

And how else do you end a trip, but by carb loading before the long drive home.....

enhance

OMG, glad that Disney made it right, but that was just awful. it shouldn't have happened, and when it happened, they should have fixed it immediately. :hug:

I was so excited to come across your review because of our multiple food allergies and my gluten issue! We love Disney for how well we can eat but it always scares for the exact reason you had a reaction. I worked in food service for half my life and know how hectic a kitchen can be during peak times but I also know how quickly my daughters anaphylactic reaction can come on if an allergen is accidentally ingested. I can't believe you were able to walk out of there much less talk to the staff while drugged up on antihistamines, having an reaction and THEN dealing with an Episode injection. Thats Super Woman strength!!!!

We leave Friday It snuck up on me so quick and now the last week the days have just been dragging on. Should I continue the reviews on this one since it's still just two of us or start a new one?

You know me, all my reports just dovetail into each other so I'd just keep going on this one. But if you do start a new one link us! Hope you are having a wonderful time!!!

What a horrible experience at Cape May! That is truly unacceptable in every possible way. I'm glad Disney (finally) responded appropriately and tried to make it right, but it never should have happened in the first place. Glad you were able to enjoy the sunset and some Mickey waffles to end your trip on a high note! :)

Wow. Just reading about your Cape May experience made me upset. I am so sorry that happened to you. Just wow.

Just getting caught up on dining reviews and read yours from the beginning!

So this is when I wish we would have been paying out of pocket. I inhaled the bread service and still had a full dinner and dessert coming and was already going to be full! Poor planning on our part, especially since we had to pay OOP for one of our meals later. I wish we would have split the bread service and an entree and not used a dining credit.

We had the same problem, full from the bread and two entrees to eat. It was way too much even though we were sharing with our toddler. Next time it will be bread service and an appetizer or two. I would rather fill up on the bread and our entrees were kinda "meh" anyway.

Okay, we didn't need a snack, but you can't take a gluten free girl to a park where she can get gluten free churros and not let her eat them!! So, bonus review!

Are the churros gluten-free by default or do they make a gluten-free version by request?

Guess how many people at Kona said happy birthday to me?

Zero.

Boo.

That's disappointing. I've frequently found the service at Kona to be lacking. We still go for lunch sometimes because it's a nice escape from heat and crowds at MK, but we have learned not to expect friendly service.

Your Cape May experience is appalling. The mistake is inexcusable since you thoroughly communicated your allergies, but the attitudes you encountered just made it a million times worse. Ugh. I'm glad you were compensated after the fact, but what a disappointing end to your trip.

Enjoyed reading your report, thanks for posting!

Oh my goodness, what a horrible experience at Cape May! That's just terrible and simply no excuse in terms of how it was handled by the server, chef and restaurant manager. And what a cruel irony to be wearing an "I'm here for the food" shirt. I'm glad you're able to have some semblance of a sense of humor about it and that you're not letting it keep you from a return trip (so happy to hear you will have some extra magic to compensate. I have never really felt a pull to eat at Cape May's despite many stays at Yacht and Beach Club... I think we'll keep it that way. Same for Casey's. I am putting Cooke's on my list though! Oh, and Sanaa - definitely Sanaa. And Narcoossee's has been on my "someday" list - will be sure to ask for your server if we do try it. Hope you have/had a ton of fun on your trip and I'll keep an eye out for the next report!

I just finished reading your report. Disney is (generally) a great place for allergy menus. I don't need them but people in my family do. I really enjoyed your photos and recommendations for gluten free options (churros, I am looking at you here). Your DH needs to step up and take pics of his food before he eats it. Just sayin'.

The Cape May situation seems like and accident but an accident resulting from negligence. Thankfully you are all right.

My youngest brother is allergic to poultry and anything related to it including down jackets and feather pillows. My step-dad is gluten free. My sister-in-law is lactose intolerant and allergic to eggs. Thanksgiving dinner is ham with potatoes and Easter type accompaniments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts