Partially-Solo Spring Break Adventure: 4/19-4/28

choirbird

Mouseketeer
Hello DisBoards!

This is my second trip and my first trip report, so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong forum. I'm waiting for my car to be serviced so I might as well write out my pre-trip report...and hopefully, updating it along the way might keep me company in lines! I have only 6 days (!!) left before I go "home" again.

I'm a teacher, so my options are: Christmas Break, Spring Break, and Summer. Wish me luck.

Friday, April 19: I'm flying out from NYC at 3, landing around 6. On my first trip, we took Magical Express, but this time I'm trying Uber. I only have 1 checked bag and a backpack so I hope it won't take too long before I'm on my way. I hope to arrive at All-Star Music by 7. We booked a Preferred room, so I hope it will be a short walk and also not too loud near the main pool. I have a sound machine just in case.

After throwing down my bags, I hope to head out to the Polynesian beach to see Happily Ever After from afar. If time allows, I might grab some dinner at Captain Cook's. Forums suggested I arrive by 8:30 to secure a good spot - time might be a little tight, but I think I can make it. MK is open until midnight, so I do have the option of heading into the park, but I will probably get to bed instead. I'll be taking Uber/Lyft or a Minnie Van both ways.

Saturday, April 20: I have a 7:45 ADR at Trattoria al Forno (Boardwalk) for Bon Voyage breakfast. I'm a little nervous about a solo character meal with face characters, but I trust they'll be good at their work and help me feel more comfortable. I may also cancel this if I decide that a conventional rope drop is a better bet - Epcot is predicted to be a "10" on Touring Plans this day, and since the highest level I saw on my August trip was a "5", I'm worried about losing touring time.

I plan on hitting up my favorites (Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Frozen, Gran Fiesta Tour) and maybe also Figment and Living with the Land before checking out the Flower and Garden Festival. Orange Bird sippers may be a silly fad, but they're awfully cute...so if they are still available I will try to obtain one before 11.

At some point I plan on hitting up Guest Relations, either at the International Gateway or somewhere else along the way. I need to bridge my ticket to an AP, get Tables in Wonderland, and see about getting an after-the-fact discount for a couple tours and things I've already booked. I hope it's relatively painless.

Next up will be Animal Kingdom. I might walk to the Beach Club and take a bus from there - they have a display of Easter eggs that might be cool (and less crowded than the park). I have a Hidden Mickeys app to keep me company!

I have FPs for Kali, Safari, and Na'vi, followed by an ADR at Yak & Yeti. I want to ride Dinosaur as well before seeing Rivers of Light. The park is open until 9:30 so I hope I can see Pandora at night too - last time I left before dark.

Sunday, April 21: Easter Sunday! I'm headed to the MK for an 8:05 Crystal Palace ADR! As I said before, I'm a little worried about solo character interactions, but I like Pooh, Eeyore, and Piglet and love Tigger, so I think it will be OK. I also appreciate entering the park without much of a line in the morning...and since there is a Fantasyland EMM that morning, it's one of the only days when park hours won't change.

I'm planning to start touring in Adventureland for Pirates and Jungle Cruise, then meet Mickey and Minnie in their birthday outfits (again, if I'm feeling OK with characters...last time I didn't stand in line for any but did 3 character meals). I might also get to ride Under the Sea before my FP for 7DMT (10:00). I also have FPs for Big Thunder and Peter Pan, but might be able to move those up and also hit Small World.

I'll leave MK at 1:00 and take the monorail to the Grand Floridian to see the Easter displays before 1:45 Afternoon Tea. I'm going to try to relax and pace myself (hard for me). I hope the Orchestra will play their 3:00 set. Time to head to Disney Springs to check out the shops (last time I only really saw The Boathouse and Homecomin' when we ate there) before dinner at Morimoto Asia at 6:15. I might consider doing Characters in Flight or just hanging out.

Monday, April 22: A FREE DAY??? WHAT??? I don't have specific plans for this day. If you couldn't tell by the many preceding paragraphs, I'm a bit of an over-planner. I want the freedom to decide what I want to do that day...perhaps DHS? Since I'll be solo, I think there's a decent chance that some FPs and ADRs will be available.

Eric's flight lands about 10:15, so he should be able to join me wherever I am.

(Stay tuned for more plans...)

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!