Part of Your World

Mortlives

DIS Veteran
I am in the Dominican Republic right now, counting my mosquito bites, and all I can hear in my mind is Ariel singing "you want thingamabobs? I got 20" And they itch, so bad. Even with the benadryl cream.

I’m sure glad those mosquitos are part of your world at the moment and not mine.
So yay for snow and freezing cold temps I guess. Lol.

Sorry for your discomfort. :hug:
Bites can be maddening.

Well that literally bites! Sorry. :(

I have tried it before, and it worked with some bites but not all ... try clear nail polish over the bite to help stop the itch.

trade ? In Northern Ohio its the dead of winter, been in it a while and a long way to go, it seems like its only light for 6 hours. Nothing to much to look forward to, just do your time until things change

I’m sure glad those mosquitos are part of your world at the moment and not mine.
So yay for snow and freezing cold temps I guess. Lol.

One of the worst places for mosquitoes is Alaska. A coworker who used to be an Air Force officer stationed in Alaska call the mosquito the state bird. They have a very limited period to feed and reproduce between snow melt and snow fall, and natural selection has create extreme aggression. This is the North Slope, but I understand this is pretty much the rule throughout Alaska.

I am in the Dominican Republic right now, counting my mosquito bites, and all I can hear in my mind is Ariel singing "you want thingamabobs? I got 20" And they itch, so bad. Even with the benadryl cream.
No idea how long you are staying there and in what kind of accommodations but I always found this product useful whilst camping:

https://www.rei.com/product/768970/sawyer-permethrin-pump-spray-24-oz
Works on fabrics, and frequently recommended by extreme travelers.

Another product of use are those made with high percentages of DEET. Personal favorite is this:

https://www.rei.com/product/750941/bens-insect-repellent-wipes-30-percent-deet-package-of-12
Depending on where you are staying in DR not hard to find at local shops.

HTH and have fun.

Yuck! Sorry to hear about that. If you have access to ice cubes, rubbing one on the bites can provide some quick relief and stop you from scratching.

I wince every time I hear those lyrics as she actually sings,
"you want thingamabobs? I got twenny"
It's "twenty", with a "t".

ford family

I wince every time I hear those lyrics as she actually sings,
"you want thingamabobs? I got twenny"
It's "twenty", with a "t".

well in her defense, have you ever tried singing underwater??? it aint easy. and twenty can easily sound like twenny...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!