PART FIVE of Liav and Jody's Excellent DLP Adventure 2005!!!

jodyb

DIS Veteran
Liav and Jody's Excellent DLP Adventure 2005 Part 5

Cast:
Liav (13)
Jody (Old enough to be her Mom...)

Part 5 – Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2005

Wednesday morning was just as rainy as Tuesday evening had been, but we certainly were not going to let that keep us in the room (especially not this rather depressing room which desperately needed some renovation and an infusion of "magic"…) so we packed back up (remember we'd been told to leave the luggage in the room) and made our way back to the Main Lodge. This time (by the light of day) I figured out that we could mostly stay indoors and dry on our way back, by walking the length of each lodge and then just dodging over quickly to the next one…

When we got to the main building we saw Chip and Dale at the little photo nook, so Liav got in line for a photo. She "smiled" her "I am remembering I have braces" smile…
f561a74a.jpg

On our way out we saw the LOOOONNNGGG lines of people waiting for breakfast! All the way up the staircase on both sides for both restaurants! I was very happy that I'd already decided in advance not to deal with breakfasts at the SL – I had not liked them much last year, and even the best food in the world isn't worth this type of wait, in my book. So we pushed down the stairs past the waiting throngs, and out the door, into the rain. It wasn't a downpour, just drizzle, and the walk around the lake was actually welcome. We went to Mcdonald's just as they were opening. Quiet, serene, no waiting…. Good food and lots of it – for a reasonable price – who could ask for more?? I ordered two "brunches" – each was 5 Euros I think. One would have been enough for the two of us to share – two was an embarrassment of abundant food! EACH "brunch" includes: Egg McMuffin sandwich, 3 small assorted croissants, 2 pancakes, yogurt, juice, and coffee or hot chocolate. When we left McDonald's after breakfast there were still very few people there…
The weather was still not lovely, so we took our time shopping our way toward the park.

Liav started Pin Trading in earnest! Oh my goodness… :Pinkbounc
Now, I should tell you that for the past 4 years I've been trying to get her interested in pin trading (What's wrong with me? Money burning a hole in my backpack??), and she never was having any of it. Oh, she would buy a pin or two each year, but the whole lanyard and trading thing just did not capture her imagination. UNTIL NOW!!!! :D

So… it started out with a "starter set" for 10 Euros (9 with my AP discount) which included 4 Stitch pins. I told her what to do – that she could approach CMs with lanyards and they "had to" trade for one of her pins if she requested. Liav vehemently tried to argue that this could not be true. She cited the prices (which she had memorized) of all the "good pins" and argued logically that her Stitch pins in the starter set only cost 2.25 Euros each, so how could she trade them for 8 and 10 Euros pins???? Finally I prevailed on her to try it… and that morning in the village she saw a CM wearing Lady and the Tramp with a Christmas wreath…. Well, that got her going, and Liav had all her starters traded for much better pins by the end of Wednesday, and that was it – she was HOOKED! :earseek:
The rest of the trip she was trying every which way to convince me she needed yet another starter lanyard… and yes, I ended up buying another 3 of them!!! But in my (and Liav's) defense, she really didn't buy any OTHER souvenirs this year – thank goodness the age of the stuffed animal seems to be over! :D At least pins don't take up so much shelf and bed space in her room! :D I had only myself to blame for the pin mania – I'd been trying to get her into it, after all! (parenthood really is a certain form of insanity). :guilty:

So armed with a new lanyard and a new obsession, we ventured into the park just as the sun started coming out. As it did, it also seemed, ironically, to get colder… As we made our way down Main Street I saw some nice jackets which were 50% off… and in a few minutes I had bought one! I could now stop wearing my Dad's old jacket covered by my rain jacket and wear an actual real jacket. Liav was relieved that she could be (less) embarrassed to be seen with me!

We decided to do some things in Discoveryland. Space Mountain, Nautilus, Star Tours… All was lots of fun, and practically no waiting! Yay! The sun stayed out, too. :D

Crossing over to the other side of the park, we rode BTM a couple of times and then Indiana Jones a couple of times… I was starting to fade at this point…and it was only about 1:30! We decided to go to the studios and try to catch the parade.

Got there just in time – really enjoyed this parade! :flower1:

f5619136.jpg

Mr. Incredible offered me his bicep to check out… and I was dutifully appreciative – which he seemed to like…

f55f4771.jpg

f55f4748.jpg

After the parade Liav lined up for a picture with Minnie, and on the way out we caught Stitch…
Sorry about poor quality of these – when it's not Liav behind the camera you take your chances…
f55f476d.jpg

f55f4744.jpg

Well, it's now time for lunch, so back to the village. I resisted going to Annette's Diner yet again, and we ended up at Rainforest Café. Liav had Chicken Roll-ups – (which are just like the fajitas she orders everywhere!) and I had "Pita Quesadillas". The food was okay, and we do like the atmosphere here…

And now! (drum roll please) it's time to go back to SL to check in to our Montana Room!
Stay tuned for Part Six…
:flower1: :D :flower1: :D :flower1:

Thank you for the tip about breakfast. We are staying at SL the week before Easter and hubby and I both agree that a couple of brunches at McDonald's would be much more desirable than standing in a long line for breakfast with three hungry kids :teeth:

Jody
thank you for seeing through your illnesses and posting up the next installment :) :flower1:

I can appreciate the pin trading. I managed to buy starter packs in local Disney Store for £1.50 each last summer .... yes £1.50 !!! and I was not greedy and bought only 2, one for Morgan age 7 and Jack age 4. They had a fantastic time. Throughout the holiday and again in November there were shouts of "pin trading" at every shop, park corner with a CM and lanard.

Reid

I knew it !!!!! here is your new report !!!!!

I'm printing your part 5 and go reading ( DREAMING) it into bed, with a cup of hot chocolate !!!!!!!!!!

WONDERFUL pics !!!!!
A great evening ...I'll read and dream on your behalf !!!! :flower1: :flower1:

Good night !!!Jody and Liav !!! THANKS for sharing !!!!! :love:

laura

Another great day :)

I remember that queue for breakfast at SL ... they were all the way up the stairs and in the Redwood Lounge. I chose a quiet breakfast on Main Street instead! Worth every extra penny :)

Jody, really enjoying reading your reports:flower:

Looking forward to part 6!!!

Elaine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter