Part 3 - Disney Debbie turns into Universal Debbie!

Disney Debbie

<font color=deeppink>Survivor<br><font color=blue>
First Afternoon – Sunday May 20th

After actually getting in our room, DD and I went to pool for an hour and let DH have a nap! We went to Universal around 5:00. Went straight to Hanna Barbera – an old favorite – then on to Twister – DD had seen but DH and I hadn’t. It was interesting, but we weren’t as impressed as DD had been! Then went to Kongfrontation. DD hadn’t seen it since she was 7 – and she spent most of that time under my arm!! It was better then I remembered – but we had a very good driver who really got into it. That makes a huge difference on shows like that! Skipped over Earthquake and Jaws and went to Men in Black. It was cute – but it’s pretty much the same as Buzz Lightyear to me! And not as cute! From there we went to ET – last time we rode that it kept breaking down and we waited TWO HOURS!!! I’d never do that now – but DD was little and just dying to see it then! Anyway – we walked right on. I was very embarrassed that the bicycle seat was too small for me to sit in comfortably! (See my CB posts – I’m joining Weight Watchers next Tuesday!! ) The attendant saw me trying to sit down and was VERY sweet. I told her my butt was too big to sit comfortably and she asked me if I’d rather sit on the bench seat in the back. I told her I guess so. She said, “Your comfort and enjoyment is what’s most important to us” I wish I’d gotten her name – she was very kind. After ET it was closing time – 7:00 – but as you see we did 5 rides in two hours! FOTL was awesome!! (Have I mentioned that yet ;))?

We left the park and went to Margaritaville. They had a 35-minute wait so we went to the bar – not the volcano bar but the one next to the souvenir shop. Alexander the bar tender there was very entertaining! I had a couple of frozen Margaritas (what else – when in Rome!!), DH had the first beers he’s had in ages and Alexander fixed DD a virgin strawberry colada that was wonderful. There was a man and woman walking around on stilts making balloon animals, parrot head “hats” and weird little connecting balloon things for the table of 4 next to us that they wore on their head! It was really a lot of fun. I had the coconut shrimp, DH the Cheeseburger in Paradise and DD the chicken quesadillas. We were all quite happy with our meals! Our waitress was very good and efficient. We watched the roadies set the stage for the band that apparently started at 10:00 – I mean they must have been setting it up for 1 ½ hours!!! But we were too tired to stay – we’d left Ocala at 7:20 – after neither DH nor I getting more then 5 hours of sleep! Went back to the room to those fantastic beds and slept like babies!!!

More to come!!……………

Plusses
Very nice staff. Everyone was very friendly and as I said – the girl on ET was a real sweetie.

I hadn’t been in Universal in 8 years. It seems to be much more “finished” now and is very, very pretty. I was very impressed with it and didn’t consider it as second to MGM like I did 8 years ago.

Have I mentioned how WONDERFUL FOTL is?
:bounce: :D ;)

Minuses - NONE!!

Glad to hear how much you liked your trip.

As the girl at ET said -Comfort is VERY important to the guest at Universal.

As for Kong, he was changed since your last visit, so---

You rode a bit of a different ride.

Thanks for the report and glad it all went well! We leave next Friday and can't wait !!! Deb, We were planning to grab coffee and muffins at the IOA. Someone mentioned a place called crescent moon ( I think) Do you think a place like that would be open?? I was disappointed that you said you didn't see anything open. Not even for a quick coffee/ muffin??? thanks M

Mabelette - that IS open. It's in Port of Entry and that's where DH got a drink first thing in the a.m. It's on the right side, with the entrance right before you get to the tunnel looking area. It was once we got into the different islands that a lot of things weren't open. Have a great trip!

Notatourist - what have they changed on King Kong? It definitely seemed better to me - but it also seemed the same - I know that doesn't make sense!!:rolleyes:

Debbie, Thanks, that is good because we are looking forward to an expensive breakfast, then an early lunch out later. !!

Debbie -

Thanks for the info back seat on ET ride. My Mom would love to ride ET and now she can. She too is joining WW in June. We are planning a trip to UO/IOA next spring bringing Mom along. We also are planning on staying at HRH.

I'm learning eveything I can about Universal from these boards and bought Kelly Monaghan's book. These boards and the book are great!!!!

Thanks again.

DisneyDebbie

I can't believe what we all have in common. First off, my name is Debbie too. Second, I joined Weight Watchers 1 1/2 yrs ago. Haven't reached goal but dropped 40#. Good luck at Weight Watchers.

Thanks again for the wonderful report. 111 days to go and hopefully will be at goal (another 20#).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter