Parks with the most walking

jesskeys91

Dis-nerd extraordinaire
Which parks would you say require the most walking? I feel like I remember my feet hurting the most after Epcot and Animal Kingdom but it’s been a couple years so I could be wrong. I’m trying to plan which days I need the most shoe support for.

Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

However in any park you can minimize walking by planning your schedule to do things in the order you encounter them, instead of zigzagging back and forth.

Also I'd suggest wearing your best walking shoes on every park day (trading off between two good pairs).

Which parks would you say require the most walking? I feel like I remember my feet hurting the most after Epcot and Animal Kingdom but it’s been a couple years so I could be wrong. I’m trying to plan which days I need the most shoe support for.
I would say AK and Epcot.

Also I'd suggest wearing your best walking shoes on every park day (trading off between two good pairs).

Yes I plan to wear good walking shoes every day. I’m just wondering which days I might need something extra. I like to rotate shoes to avoid blisters and such so I want to make sure I have my heavy hitter shoes for the right days.

Based on how much we walked last time Animal Kingdom came in first. Epcot would also be pretty high up there but we didn’t walk around the whole world.

Animal Kingdom is always the park we walk the most in, because everything is so spread out. We could probably cut down on the walking by planning every hour what we'll do, but we'd rather be spur of the moment. This causes us to trek back and forth and retrace our steps a lot. I put inserts into my shoes and it helps a lot with the pain.

IMHO
AK has the biggest treks (like hiking)
EP has to best track for walking the most steps
HS is the shortest walk
MK can go both ways. If you do one big loop you'll walk less. If you do the figure eight, you'll do more walking..
DS isn't good for steps, although you can help polish off a good day of steps with a night at the Springs

For us, we do the most walking in Epcot and then MK. We love walking about World Showcase lake and seeing the different countries so we have been know to walk around the lake (a 1.01 mile loop) several times a day. We also walk a lot at MK because based on FP+ and line length, we dart back and forth across the park to hit the attractions we want.

Wouldn't this be a direct reflection of what you wanted to see and do in each park? If you want to see all of AK, it's easily the biggest park. But, for example, if all you were interested in at AK is Pandora, then that might be the "smallest" park for you .

I feel like we walk the same amount per hour at each park. When going to MK and Epcot, we tend to stay later or take less of a break. So I would say we walk more at those parks, but only because we are there longer.

Animal Kingdom is the largest park by far, but a lot of that isn't public access (it's animal habitats and their barns.) Still, it's a lot of walking.

Epcot has the most walking area.

FWIW, I always apply good bandages to the areas I typically get blisters before I leave for the day. 9 times out of 10, I never get blisters. Just a suggestion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter