Parks - What attractions can you take your Electric Scooter through to the start of attraction?

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi. Is there a listing of attractions where you can use your scooter in the regular que? For instance, it wasnt until last year, after many visits did we realize we could use the scooter through the Soarin line and not have to leave it at the doors. It made it much easier.

Thanks.

Also, if you get there and aren't sure, there's *usually* a CM outside each attraction who will either approach you and ask about whether you can transfer and stuff like that and give you directions, or be there for you to ask what to do.

Hi. Is there a listing of attractions where you can use your scooter in the regular que? For instance, it wasnt until last year, after many visits did we realize we could use the scooter through the Soarin line and not have to leave it at the doors. It made it much easier.
Thanks.

Hi, Js. Here is some of the information that you wanted from the FAQ on this forum at
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...disabled-1st-trip-next-trip-wish-trip.595713/

That page contains links to information for guests with mobility, hearing and vision disabilities. It also contains links to the following park maps (updated November 2012):
Link to Magic Kingdom Map for Guests with Disabilities
Link to Epcot Map for Guests with Disabilities
Link to Disney Hollywood Studio Map for Guests with Disabilities
Link to Animal Kingdom Map for Guests with Disabilities

List of which attractions you can stay in a wheelchair for and which require a transfer:

Magic Kingdom® Park
Blog with pictures about MK from touringplans.com
Can stay in a wheelchair or ECV:
Castle Forecourt Stage Show
Country Bear Jamboree
Fairytale Garden
Frontierland® Shooting Arcade
Galaxy Palace Theater (seasonal)
Jungle Cruise
Liberty Square Riverboat
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Shrunken Ned's Jungle Boats
"The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management"
The Hall of Presidents
Tomorrowland Arcade
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress (seasonal)

Guests in motorized vehicles, ECVs, must transfer into an available wheelchair at these attractions. Only Small World and the Railroad allow you to bring the ECV into line. If you are already in a wheelchair, you can use it in the attraction and won't need to transfer:
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
"it's a small world" - can use ECV through the line, but not bring it onto the wheelchair accessible boat. Can transfer to a wheelchair at the attraction to use the accessible boat.
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts
Walt Disney World Railroad - can bring ECV up to the station and park in an area close to boarding. Can use a wheelchair at the attraction to use the accessible train car.

Attractions requiring Guests to transfer from their wheelchair to board the attraction include:
Astro Orbiter
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Prince Charming Regal Carousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mad Tea Party
Main Street Vehicles
Peter Pan's Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain®
Swiss Family Treehouse - Guest must be ambulatory
The Haunted Mansion - can bring ECV in line to within about 75 feet of boarding. Either guest or a member of their party will move it farther away to a parking area outside of the attraction, about 200 -300 feet from the unload area.
Tomorrowland® Indy Speedway

Epcot®
Guests may enter and enjoy these attractions in a wheelchair or ECV:
Mexico: Art of Mexico Gallery
Japan: Bijutsu-kan Gallery
China: Gallery
China: "Reflections of China"
Imagination Theater
Imagination: Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment
France: "Impressions de France"
Innoventions East & West
Canada: O Canada!
Norway: Stave Church Gallery (one side of the building has stairs, the other side has an accessible entrance)
The American Adventure: The America Gardens Theatre
The American Adventure: The American Adventure
The Land: The Circle of Life
The Seas with Nemo & Friends: All Attractions
Morocco: "Treasure of Morocco"

Guests in motorized vehicles, ECVs, must transfer into an available wheelchair at these attractions (people using a wheelchair may stay in the wheelchair):
Universe of Energy: "Ellen's Energy Adventure"
Mexico: Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
The Land: Living with the Land - guests may take the ECV into line and park it at the area they board (also the exit). Some smaller ECVs may fit on the wheelchair boat.

Attractions requiring Guests to transfer from their wheelchair or ECV to board the attraction include:
Mission: SPACE
Spaceship Earth - has a separate accessible waiting area. Guests park there to wait for boarding and walk up a ramp about 60 feet into the boarding area, which is a slowly moving circular walkway. If guest can't walk into the boarding area, a wheelchair can be brought up and parked close to ride car.
Test Track
The Land: Soarin
All of the above except Spaceship Earth have lines that are wheelchair and ECV accessible, but all guests need to transfer to the ride seat.

Disney's Hollywood Studios"
"Beauty and the Beast" at the Theater of the Stars
For the First Time in Forever - Frozen Singalong
Fantasmic!
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Muppet*Vision 3D
Playhouse Disney - Live On Stage!
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream

Guests in motorized vehicles, ECVs, must transfer into an available wheelchair at these attractions:
Tower of Terror
Star Tours
Toy Story Midway Mania - line is wheelchair and ECV accessible, but ECV users are not able to use the wheelchair accessible ride car.
Rock N Roller Coaster

Attractions requiring Guests to transfer from their wheelchair to board the attraction include:
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® starring Aerosmith
Star Tours
"The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror""

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Caravan Stage: "Flights of Wonder"
Cretaceous Trail
Conservation Station
Discovery Island Trails
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Fossil Fun Games
It's Tough To Be A Bug
Lion King Theater: "Festival of the Lion King"
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
The Boneyard
TriceraTop Spin
Wildlife Express

Guests in motorized vehicles, ECVs, must transfer into an available wheelchair at this attraction:
Affection section in Rafiki's Planet Watch
Kilimanjaro Safaris - the line is both wheelchair and ECV accessible. Near boarding, guests with mobility devices are directed to a special boarding area. Wheelchairs and ECVs are parked there and walk a short distance to board. There is one wheelchair spot per tram where the guest may remain in their wheelchair.
TriceraTop Spin

DINOSAUR
Expedition Everest"
Primeval Whirl
Kali River Rapids

Mobility Access: Most of the lines are wheelchair accessible thru the regular line (called Mainstream Lines).

The information in italics is the information about Mainstream Lines from the WDW page about Mobility Disabilities:
Walt Disney World Resort strives to provide mainstream access whenever possible; that is, all Guests utilize the main entrance to the attraction. However, accessibility varies from attraction to attraction within Disney Parks. The Guide for Guests with Disabilities and Park Guidemaps use symbols to indicate boarding procedures for each attraction. In addition, Guests should contact a Disney Cast Member at each attraction before entering. Mainstream queues can be found at these attractions at Walt Disney World Theme Parks. (it then goes on to list the Mainstream attractions).

Most attractions for all parks are listed as "Enter through standard queue" for attractions without Fastpass or "Obtain a FASTPASS OR use Standby Queue" on the Guide for Guest with Disabilities maps for each park. There is also a large red box on the maps which says "Guests with any mobility or queue related assistance needs are encouraged to use the Disney's FASTPASS option where ever possible." There is the same explanation about how to use Fastpass as on the regular park maps.
These are the attractions in each park with a different method of access other than the regular line, as listed on the map:
MK

WDW Railroad:Enter using ramp on the RIGHT on Main Street

WDW Railroad:Enter using wheelchair ramp on RIGHT at Frontierland

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: Obtain Fastpass or see Host for options. If FASTPASS is not available, enter thru access on RIGHT

Country Bear Jamboree:Enter thru door on LEFT

Hall of Presidents:Enter through door on RIGHT

Liberty Square Riverboat:Enter through exit on RIGHT or LEFT

it's a small world:Follow directional signs to designated load area

Peter Pan's Flight:Obtain FASTPASS or see host for options. If Fastpass is not available, see a host for options. Line is accessible to close to boarding.

Prince Charming Regal Carrousel:Enter through exit on RIGHT

Dumbo:Enter using ramp on RIGHT

Tea Party:Enter through exit on RIGHT

Space Mountain:Obtain a FASTPASS or see a host for options. If FASTPASS not available, enter through queue on RIGHT

Epcot

Spaceship Earth:Enter through the exit on the RIGHT or LEFT

Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the 3 Caballeros:Enter through the Standard Queue. Follow directional signs to designated load area.

American Adventure:See a host or hostess for access to second floor

Impressions de France:Enter through LEFT side of entrance hallway

Studio

Great Movie Ride:Enter through the Standard queue. A host will provide directions in the pre-show area

Fantasmic:Enter through the standard queue and stay to the RIGHT

Animal Kingdom

Wildlife Express Train - Proceed through standard queue. A host will direct boarding

The Boneyard:Enter through the designated access gate

At WDW, there are a handful of attractions that do not have accessible entrances and may give out times to return to the attraction -
Big Thunder Mountain RR and Jungle Cruise at MK and Spaceship Earth at Epcot do not have accessible entrances and may give out return times. The return time will generally be similar to the wait in the Standby line and will be valid for a 1 hour time window.

There are a few that have a separate accessible boarding area, but for those, guests wait in the regular line (or Fastpass line if they have Fastpass Plus) until almost at the boarding area, then they move to the accessible boarding area.

Small World is kind of a hybrid attraction. The regular line is accessible to the last turn on the front side. Guests without Fastpass Plus wait in the regular line until they get to that point. Since the Fastpass line for SW is not accessible, guests with Fastpass go directly to the accessible boarding area.

In general, for those few attractions listed above, if you have a Fastpass, you will probably be routed directly into the boarding area. Without Fastpass, you will be given a time to return.

Everything other than these attractions I have listed say to enter through the mainstream or standby queue.
The maps are very easy to read (although the type is small) and I recommend getting one for each park. The access information is listed right on the map with all the other information. There are icons that show which attractions you can stay right in the wheelchair or ECV for the whole attraction and which you need to transfer to a ride car.

Thanks.

Thanks! I didn't know that until just now!

I wonder if the Main Street Vehicles and the WDW Railroad are out for me. I mean, I can walk a few feet to get on the vehicle, but then what happens to my ECV? Either I'm without my ECV when I get off, or I have to make a round-trip circuit back to my ECV. Is that correct? Just wondering what else I'm learning here now that I learned about Soarin!

Thanks! I didn't know that until just now!

I wonder if the Main Street Vehicles and the WDW Railroad are out for me. I mean, I can walk a few feet to get on the vehicle, but then what happens to my ECV? Either I'm without my ECV when I get off, or I have to make a round-trip circuit back to my ECV. Is that correct? Just wondering what else I'm learning here now that I learned about Soarin!

You could leave your mobility scooter next to the wall our of the way or under the railway station cover for shade until you make the round trip for the Main Street Vehicle.

Guests in motorized vehicles, ECVs, must transfer into an available wheelchair at these attractions. Only Small World and the Railroad allow you to bring the ECV into queue line. If you are already in a wheelchair, you can use it in the attraction and won't need to transfer:

Walt Disney World Railroad - can bring ECV up to the station and park in an area close to boarding. Can use a wheelchair at the attraction to use the accessible train car.

I don't think found trips are allowed on the Main Street Vehicles. Maybe th early, or have a member of one's party take the ECV to the other end? Otherwise, you have to exit, and wait in line for the return trip.

You have to take the Grand Circle Tour (and leave your ECV parked at whatever station you board at) unless you have a motorized wheelchair that can (literally) turn in a zero-radius circle (meaning that it can literally turn all the way around in one spot without needing any more space).

I don't think found trips are allowed on the Main Street Vehicles. Maybe th early, or have a member of one's party take the ECV to the other end? Otherwise, you have to exit, and wait in line for the return trip.

Thanks-I figured that was the case. Since I'm a party of one, no one else can move my ECV for me, so it sounds too time consuming to do the MS vehicles. A Grand Circle tour on the railroad might be fun though-a good way to rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter