Parking

Lisa Garcia

Viola & Julito's Mom
Hello. I have question about parking. My son has Autism and if I wanted to make a quick getaway back to the room I was told I can drive instead of taking the bus (also worried about the bus crowds). I was told I can park for free in the standard lots. How far in the walk fro the park to the car? I do not want a tram. Can I upgrade to prefer for a difference? Any advice would help! Thanks

Hello. I have question about parking. My son has Autism and if I wanted to make a quick getaway back to the room I was told I can drive instead of taking the bus (also worried about the bus crowds). I was told I can park for free in the standard lots. How far in the walk fro the park to the car? I do not want a tram. Can I upgrade to prefer for a difference? Any advice would help! Thanks

You can park for free if you are staying onsite. Depending on the time you arrive at the parking lot, you can be right up front, or way in the back. It really depends on when you get there. You can ask at the parking tollbooth if you can upgrade.

We recently got back and drove. We stayed onsite but paid for parking each day. I didn' know it was free, how do you get free parking?

I had no idea, spent $100 on parking last trip! Anyway, now I know for next time, thank you!

There is preferred parking at the parks. It's an extra $20 or $22, so if you're staying onsite you don't pay the standard parking, just the upgrade.

Now, at Magic Kingdom, you still have to take a monorail or ferry, and then there's a relatively long walk under the overpass and to your car.

there is no way to make a quick get away from MK as there is no way to walk from parking lot you have to take either the monorail or ferry to parking lot and this is still true with preferred parking

Could there be an option for your "quick getaway" other than a quick return to the room? There are some areas of the parks, and other options, that might be better to decompress. As others have noted, there is no way to leave MK quickly, but would a ride on one of the boats or the monorail help (if not too crowded)? How old is your son? Is he young enough for a stroller or older?

We arrived about 30 minutes prior to rope drop at both EPCOT and MK and were in the second row behind the "priority" spots. EPCOT wasn't too bad to walk, but MK was a decent walk and then you still need to get the ferry or monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter