Parking in Miami

Amanda8619

Earning My Ears
Where are some good places to park near the port of Miami that are cheaper then the place right by the port? Somewhere that I can park and get a shuttle to the port. I have found a few, just want to use somewhere that others have had good experiences with.

Thanks for posting, as I'm cruising from Miami in a few weeks and have been wondering the same thing.

In addition to off-site options, can someone also confirm the current rate at the official port parking garages (as I can't find it listed on the port website anywhere)?

Thanks for posting, as I'm cruising from Miami in a few weeks and have been wondering the same thing.

In addition to off-site options, can someone also confirm the current rate at the official port parking garages (as I can't find it listed on the port website anywhere)?
I think it is $22 a day at the port.

I did a lot of research on this before my cruise from there 2 years ago and the general consensus was DO NOT park anywhere else other than the port parking lot. The reviews I found here and at CC mostly stated it wasn't safe and the places that offered it had less than stellar service.
I must say after parking at the port, it was well worth the extra $5 bucks per day to be close to the terminal, safe, covered parking and not dependant on a shuttle so I could leave when I wanted to.
Don't skimp on this one. Park in the port lot.

I found a lot with decent reviews by going through ParkwayParking.com

There is a shuttle to the port that runs frequently and I am paying a bit less than $10 per day. We don't sail until 24 December, so I can't offer my own review yet.

Update: The parking lot we used was Safe Cruise Parking. True to form for a lot of these operations, it is in a sketchy part of town. But we were a 5 minute drive away from the port. The shuttle took us on a short tour of the port since we were the last stop. We still made it to our ship in about 10 minutes. The parking area was walled in and seemed "reasonably" secure, but it was neither Fort Knox nor patrolled by armed guards. Pick up at the port was easy. As we left the ship we were greeted by drivers iffering rides, I showed them the bright yellow sticker I had received when we parked and they directed me to stop #9. A short wait later the van showed up an we were on our way back to the car. Aside from dozens of birds mistaking our car for a statue (we headed straight for a car wash) there were no problems.

Last edited:
When we sailed out of Miami a few years ago, we did a lot of parking research. As Barbydoll8 indicated, most of it was not to use the offsite lots if you could afford to. Many of them only offer 1-way shuttles free but you can pay for a return trip or you are on your own (varied by lot). Some people have good experiences with them and some don't. They are often in sketchy parts of the area as that is where real estate to have lots is cheap. Leaving your vehicle at your hotel was also expensive in many cases and also frequently offered only a 1-way shuttle or no transport at all. For that, we paid to park at the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter