Parking for Trader Sam's

mickey0624

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!
Staying 4 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge and we would like to go over to Trader Sam's at Poly one night for appetizers and drinks. We will have a car so can drive over. How does the parking work being that we're not staying at the Poly and you can't make reservations at Trader Sam's?

Tell security at the booth you are going to Trader Sam's. Hopefully, they'll let you in. If they say no, you can park at the TTC and walk over or take the monorail.

Do they typically turn you away?
I've personally never been turned away at the Poly, and we do like to visit The Tambu Lounge there, (no reservation) but I do know someone who was. I was turned away once at the BC and WL when we didn't have ADR's. So anything is possible.

I've personally never been turned away at the Poly, and we do like to visit The Tambu Lounge there, (no reservation) but I do know someone who was. I was turned away once at the BC and WL when we didn't have ADR's. So anything is possible.
Guess we'll give it a shot!!

Do they typically turn you away?
We had an odd experience at Poly last month. We were staying elsewhere on property but went to Poly for dinner before MK. We ubered over to Poly and the security attendant asked why we were there. We told him we were just getting dropped off. He wanted to know why. I told him we were going to Capt. Cook’s for dinner and he asked if we had a reservation. I told him it was QS and he just waved us through. Struck me as odd since we weren’t parking and all resorts are open to anyone. He seemed like he was testing us but also a little annoyed.

As someone who stays at Poly I would appreciate less crowds, but they would have to announce some sort of policy change before waving people away for being dropped off.

Long story short I hope you don’t run into any issues OP!

Last edited:

Staying 4 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge and we would like to go over to Trader Sam's at Poly one night for appetizers and drinks. We will have a car so can drive over. How does the parking work being that we're not staying at the Poly and you can't make reservations at Trader Sam's?
Unless you have a designated driver...I would take @kaytieeldr advice and bus to MK and boat over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter