Parking Fee at HRH - Anyway around it?

KimT

Earning My Ears
Stayed at HRH last year and got out of paying the $ per night parking fee because we told them that we were under the assumption that was included in the package we had purchased. This was the truth too! They waived the fee, which I was very happy about. We have reservation again this year and really would like to not have to pay an extra $48 just to have my car sit in a parking lot. I realize this sounds stingy, but money is money. Is there any card (fan club, lowes, HRH All-Access, ect) that has a benefit of free parking? Thanks!

There's always a way around it. Just tell them you have no car. It may not be honest but it's a way around it.;)

I think the annual pass just gets you free parking at the parks, but I'm not sure.

Wouldn't they know you have a car the minute you get to the guard house? Even if not, what if you lied and then something happened to your car while it was in the parking lot.....how would you be able to make a report? I realize the parking fee is alot, but so is the park admission, food, drinks, souvies, yet we have no problem paying it. I really think they should at least offer annual pass people free parking at the resorts. Does not make sense that you can park for free at the parks, but not the resorts.

I'd worry about my car being towed! I'm pretty sure you get a sign to put in your car so they know you're a registered guest. Otherwise what's to stop park goers from trying to park there for free? It's not worth saving the money to have to worry about your car getting towed!

Personally I wish they'd just up the darn rate by $6 rather then charge a separate parking fee. It really irks me to have to pay for stuff like that when you're paying good money to stay there already. I'm not just griping about them - it seems to me the nicer the hotel - the more they charge you for every little thing. We got a great rate at the Ritz in Atlanta one year - but by the time you pay to park, to use the phone, to tip everyone in sight - it's not such a great rate!! Whereas you can stay at the Motel 6 and park for free and make local phone calls for free!! Oh well!! That's the way it goes if you want to stay at a nice hotel!

DS and I stayed at RPH for 5 days in December. We came from the airport via Mears. We had no car. Now it really would have irked me if there was an included parking fee that I had to pay whether or not I had a car. Personally I'd rather only pay if I have a car.

There is nothing put in your car that identifies you as a hotel patron. But you do need a hotel key to get out of the parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!