Parking at DVC - Broadwalk

sueg

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
As a former super planner, I am amazed at how unprepared I am for our October F & W trip. Life has been CRAZY - good/bad, mostly bad and this tripBooked at 7 month window) just drifted into the background.
What is the current policy on having to pay to park at the resort when you are staying on points? If so, how much is it?
We added our recently widowed friend (part of the bad) to our reservation. Do I need to do anything else to facilitate her parking at the resort (BWV)? I want things to go as smooth as possible for her. She will have a voucher for annual pass. Can she park for free at the park that we are visiting?

Any help is appreciated.

As long as you are staying on points/cash as DVC member and she is on the reservation, her magic band will let her in the lot and no charge for parking. Just beware BWV parking is not always available. You may have to park across the street. Have a great trip.

I drove in this summer, the guard never scanned my magic band but asked where I was going etc. When I said I was staying, he just waived me through. I did not require any type of paper pass etc to park up there at all.

Just back from Boardwalk. Parking was strict, but not overly so. Band was checked every time we arrived. If she has a band and is on the reservation, then you should have no issues.

Parking was semi-sparse though, particularly later in the evening and on the weekends. Only one parking lot is open now (closest to the Convention Center). The other parking lot is mostly closed due to the gondola construction. The rest of that parking lot is being used for handicapped spots and the valet.

When you arrive I would highly suggest planning to let them take your bags and deliver them to your room. It made things a lot easier when we arrived with our bags and supplies.

Parking at BW during F&W and Gartner Convention can be awful. We had a one night reservation and they almost didn't let us in to park. I finally convinced them and we found a single space where we could park. We didn't move the car until the next day when we moved over to OKW.

Thanks for the feedback. My problems is that our friend's magic band will be at front desk (she only was convinced to join us recently). We arrive two days ahead of her. I will try to work it out at our check-in or have her call us when she approaches the resort and we can meet her.
I found that parking when you are staying at Boardwalk , during F & W, is uneven and can be unpleasant.
Are we paying to park?

Thanks for the feedback. My problems is that our friend's magic band will be at front desk (she only was convinced to join us recently). We arrive two days ahead of her. I will try to work it out at our check-in or have her call us when she approaches the resort and we can meet her.
I found that parking when you are staying at Boardwalk , during F & W, is uneven and can be unpleasant.
Are we paying to park?
If you are on a DVC reservation, you won't pay to park. If you made a cash reservation through Disney Reservation Center prior to a date in March, you won't pay to park.

I don't think you will have an issue. If you tell the front desk that your friend is checking in a few days later, she should be able to just say that she is checking in when she gets to the parking gate.

Never really thought about it until reading this thread.

BWV, where parking is often a challenge for us, perhaps they should restrict it in the adjacent lot to one car per reservation. Remaining vehicles parked in overflow?:scratchin

Never really thought about it until reading this thread.

BWV, where parking is often a challenge for us, perhaps they should restrict it in the adjacent lot to one car per reservation. Remaining vehicles parked in overflow?:scratchin

Not really sure how they would police / enforce something like that. Sounds like it would just create more delays and headaches just trying to get into the parking lot.

That being said, we really didn't have much trouble finding a spot. When we arrived, we dropped the bags off, which was well worth the tip.

Walking from the far parking lot wasn't too difficult as we crossed the street, went over the bridge, then followed the path to the side entrance to the villa wing. (Rather than walking up to the front entrance.)

We made it a point not to drive anywhere on the Friday / Saturday evenings, which wasn't a big deal, since most everything is too crowded those nights anyway. Otherwise there were always plenty of spaces available.

Not really sure how they would police / enforce something like that. Sounds like it would just create more delays and headaches just trying to get into the parking lot.

That being said, we really didn't have much trouble finding a spot. When we arrived, we dropped the bags off, which was well worth the tip.

Walking from the far parking lot wasn't too difficult as we crossed the street, went over the bridge, then followed the path to the side entrance to the villa wing. (Rather than walking up to the front entrance.)

We made it a point not to drive anywhere on the Friday / Saturday evenings, which wasn't a big deal, since most everything is too crowded those nights anyway. Otherwise there were always plenty of spaces available.

The old printed paper on dash would work, or special type of notation on MB ? & the rest do a U-turn.

The villa sidewalk is a bit quicker but, at a deluxe resort, this sort of parking mess shouldn’t be an issue. Eventually, think they may decide to go with building a parking garage in the furthermost lot.

At least valet is always an option!

what BW needs to do is have your license plate number and a person walking the lots and checking license plates and if it's not listed have it towed. If that doesn't stop people from taking spots from guests nothing will.
Ya, I know cost money for that person.

remember the parking is not just for DVC members it includes the BWI

what BW needs to do is have your license plate number and a person walking the lots and checking license plates and if it's not listed have it towed. If that doesn't stop people from taking spots from guests nothing will.
Ya, I know cost money for that person.
What makes you think they aren’t already doing that? The vast majority of Disney security is not obvious.

Oh, that was just all the folks having dinner that all finished the same time as Illuminations. It could not be slackers avoiding the parking fee.

Last edited:
Oh, that was just all the folks having dinner that all finished the same time as Illuminations. It could not be slackers avoiding the parking fee.
we often park there, as DVC members, we feel we have that right . we eat at ESPN club after illuminations, and even if we don't, we walk to the boardwalk from either park and out to our car. Transportation at wdw is obnoxious and anything I can do to make things easier and save walking for the parks, these old, sad legs appreciate. we also use the valet parking.

That's just one more reason why you can't get a parking spot when you're staying at BWV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter