Parking at BWV

Ralph&Pam

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a 6-night stay at BWV, our home resort. We had driven a rental up from Miami after back-to-back cruises on the Disney Magic, so kept the rental car the entire stay. I was pleasantly surprised with the parking situation at the resort. We took the car to dine at a variety of other resorts and Disney Springs, typically returning to the resort around 8 pm. Parking spaces were abundant in the lot across from the convention center each time. Our last trip, in June, returning to the resort about the same time in the evening meant circling the lot looking for a place to park the car. It seemed that parking spaces only opened up after the Epcot fireworks show. Has the BW finally gotten control of the parking situation?

I hope so!

I wonder if the Skyliner is having some effect. Maybe more EPCOT visitors are parking at one of the Skyliner resorts instead of trying to get into the Boardwalk lot. That route could actually be less walking overall and since the line moves so quickly, it would still be a quick way out. Plus, it's a fun ride, IMO.

Last edited:
I am guessing that the change may also have something to do with Disney charging regular guests $24 a day to park at the resort, and the parking fee is now having a real effect on number of guests bringing cars.

Last edited:

Maybe there wasn't any convention going on during your last trip, but there was during your June trip.

Maybe there wasn't any convention going on during your last trip, but there was during your June trip.
I don’t think convention bookings have much impact on BW resort parking in the later part of the evening and overnight. That convention center is small (I’ve actually attended three or four professional meetings there) and few conventioneers visiting during the daytime with automobiles to park would be leaving just at the Epcot closing time. In prior trips, I’ve observed entire families loading into vans and SUVs just after Epcot closed. Not so this time.

When we were at Disney in October, rode the Skyliner over the parking lot and it was basically empty. We are BWV owners and so are quite familiar with circling the parking lot forever to get a parking space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter