Parking apparently was a "pain" yesterday at Disneyland

TheLionKing

<font color=#6600CC>Will Conga for Fun<br><font co
I did a quick trip report if anyone wants to read from yesterday.

We arrived at 12:30 and we were parking on the roof of Mickey's and Friends. I was talking to a cast member at the Parade of Stars and he said he was working the "phones" and they got a number of calls from people who could not find parking that afternoon.

Now I don't know if it was because "Big Mike" was there and the event at DCA, but I am not sure how parking is going to work once DCA is open. A saving grace may be that Mickey and Friends apaprently is still not 100% utilized and they are doing some final repairs but you may want to think about alternate parking if you are arriving later in the afternoon.

twitter.jpg

DL multiple times
DL GC Disneyana Convention '01
WDW offsite '92, Grosvenor '96, AS-Mu '98,
Disneyana Convention AS-Mu '00,

Oh yuk, Lion King, the parking problems are evidencing themselves already, eh? :(

I actually toyed with the idea of taking my DD over there last night, now I'm glad I didn't. I do hope that once the Mickey and Friends structure is fully operational that things will get better...

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

I was there today (Sunday) and so were thousands of others! We parked around 9:30 and most of the people were headed for DCA. When we took the monorail for a ride we saw that the streets were jammed and some lots closed. When we returned to the Mickey lot at 1:30 they were actually running so many trams that they only did pick up on the usual side and dropped off on the side closest to oversized parking. BONUS: The express freeway onramps were open when exiting the Mickey lot (what a breeze!).

I think that all of the DCA preview days where they sell out the preview w/ 30,000 tickets will provide some traffic problems! But DL was nice and calm as usual :

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!