Parkade question and strollers

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
I have a question about the parking at Port Carnavale. Is there a drop off zone that hubby can drop me and the kids off, or is it just easier to park in the parkade and walk to the ship?

Also, we have a sit stand stroller for our 2 & 5 year old. I have been debating over and over wether to bring on the ship. It collapses pretty good but it is pretty long. Recommendations? I know we can rent one if need be, but should I just bring our own? I've never been on a cruise so maybe I just cannot comprehend truly how much walking it may entail, and I don't know how my 2 year old will handle that, but if its going to be more cumbersome than anything, I may just leave it in the car.

I was just at Port Canaveral, but kidless, so I can’t remember drop off. He may be able to get you pretty close. To me, it’s not worth it to bring a stroller on board. The ships are big and there’s walking, but nowhere near being in the parks. I would go without knowing if you absolutely need it, it can be rented.

You probably can drop off your family at the curb where you leave bags, but it's more logical to just drop the bags and everyone go to park. Everyone will want to check-in together and there is a separate entrance in the garage. Just seems easier than trying to work your way back to the drop off point.

We took a small umbrella stroller on our last cruise. Used it some. It folded up nicely for storage under the bed.

It was most useful during arrival and departure.

To my knowledge, the strollers available onboard can be used onboard or in ports. There is a $200 deposit, fully refundable upon return if the stroller. I don’t believe there are doubles, just singles. Reports of the condition of the strollers has varied, and not too recent, so i’m not sure if current situation.

Enjoy your cruise!

The parking garage is is located right next to the terminal. Your husband can pull up and drop you off and all the luggage off.
Or just drop the luggage and then all stay together and walk from the garage.
This is at Port Canaveral.
The garage is on the right and terminal on the left.
AFAE47FB-2F05-4415-A015-797D88E031DB.jpeg

We brought a decent umbrella stroller on our first Disney Cruise with out son (almost 2 at the time). We didn't use it much but it was important to us to have it. The stroller was my son's "safe space" especially the first day when he was overwhelmed by all the new sights and sounds. I feel like it really helped him to adjust to the new surroundings better. After the first day the stroller pretty much stayed under the bed expect for one day mid cruise where he was over tired and over stimulated and we pulled it out and did a few laps around deck 4. Again being in the stroller was familiar to him, helped to calm him down and he fell asleep after a lap or two.

Just a different take on the stroller since you won't really need it to get around the ship, but it was invaluable to us to help our kid adjust at times.

OK, complimentary, only for use onboard, not in ports, and limited supply.

When I inquired onboard I was told that you must leave a hefty deposit to "borrow" a stroller onboard that gets refunded when you return it. Also they did not say anything about restrictions for port use. It was our understanding it could be used in port as well and not strictly onboard. Also, first come, first served as they only had a limited amount. We ended up not doing it.

OP our cruise that left NYC we brought our 2 year old granddaughters own stroller....actually I bought a new stroller just for the trip as I wanted one that was easy to open and close one-handed. Best $40 bucks I spent. We had a day at WDW on that cruise and I knew she would be in the stroller a lot that day. Onboard we did use but not that much. This was on the Magic. It was great on embarkation and debarkation day as it kept her "contained" and we had a place to hang some of the bags. The Fantasy and Dream are much larger so I would bring a stroller for the 2 year old on that.

Magic and Wonder have very small elevators and a long stroller would not fit very well.

Also....a little off topic but I think helpful when traveling with a little one. We prepped (if that is what you want to call it) our 2 year old GD with video clips of all the songs from the Disney movies/characters that we would be seeing onboard (songs that would be in the stage shows onboard). She loves Disney anyway and this helped so much as she loved all the character interactions and sat for the duration of the main stage shows totally engrossed in them because they were familiar. We got such a kick out of watching her watch the shows. She also LOVED meeting the characters. When she was one she was terrified of them but at 2 it was totally different.

DSCN4936.JPG DSCN4943.JPG

MJ

Last edited:
Drop off all the luggage with the porters. Pay them a tip of about $1-2 per bag, a little more if the bag is super heavy. Then you drive to the parking garage. You can cross over on level 1 and level 3. I prefer level 3.

What ports are you going to? That might dictate if you need a stroller. For the 2 year old a simple umbrella should do. In my opinion, a healthy 5 year old should be able to walk most places anyway. Of course you need to assess your own children and their capabilities. I know where my kid falls and how much is too much at 4.

You won't use the stroller on board. Tough to navigate hallways and dining halls with.

We only used our stroller for naptime.

And even then, what we really used it for was walking him in laps until he settled down and fell asleep.

Agree with others, sit and stands are VERY unwieldy, you will have a hard time in small elevators and crowded hallways.

No comment on the strollers, but as for drop off, remember you can check some bags, but not your carry-ons. So that will really make your decision for you. If you have a lot of heavy carry-on bags (like with a case of soda or water) you probably want to all park and walk over. If you have very little carry on luggage you might prefer to get dropped off (there is an area for it, and they will take all your checked bags). That way, you and the kids can get the carry-ons past security by the time your husband drops off the car. Then you can meet up inside the building and check in together. It all depends on how easy it will be for you and the kids to handle your carry-ons until your husband catches up.

When I inquired onboard I was told that you must leave a hefty deposit to "borrow" a stroller onboard that gets refunded when you return it. Also they did not say anything about restrictions for port use. It was our understanding it could be used in port as well and not strictly onboard. Also, first come, first served as they only had a limited amount. We ended up not doing it.

OP our cruise that left NYC we brought our 2 year old granddaughters own stroller....actually I bought a new stroller just for the trip as I wanted one that was easy to open and close one-handed. Best $40 bucks I spent. We had a day at WDW on that cruise and I knew she would be in the stroller a lot that day. Onboard we did use but not that much. This was on the Magic. It was great on embarkation and debarkation day as it kept her "contained" and we had a place to hang some of the bags. The Fantasy and Dream are much larger so I would bring a stroller for the 2 year old on that.

Magic and Wonder have very small elevators and a long stroller would not fit very well.

MJ

The deposit is a little funky since they basically put it on our onboard account and then took it off when we returned it. So we didn’t feel like it was really a deposit just sort of a “we know where you are and we will bill you if you don’t return it”. Just like the wave phones and club bands.

You can also take them off the ship at the ports. I’m sorry I can’t remember the brand...I think it was something city stroller. The one we got was in great shape and it was a substantial stroller (could lie down, sit up, had a big shade, and had a large basket for bags underneath.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter