Park to Park upgrade for Hogwart's Express

Twilightstar18

Earning My Ears
First time at Universal Studios with kids aged 10 and 8. Both love HP so I know we must go on the Hogwart's Express at least 1 of the 3 days we are there. How much is it to get the Park to Park pass the day of? Would we be better off getting a 3 day park to park pass instead? Thanks!

I always do park to park, and not for Hogwarts Express.

The freedom to park hop with the parks right next to each other is worth it IMO. The parks see crowd shifts throughout the day where one will be busier than the other and it's always great to be able to hop and stay opposite the crowds.

Just my 2 cents

I really only buy it for the HE. We never get hoppers at Disney. It’s nice to be able to go back and forth if you want to hit a different attraction but not essential for our family. I still think it’s worth it (wouldn’t if not for HE). HE is really fantastically well done. It puts me in an HP frame of mind as much, if not more, than any of the other HP attractions.

We only do 1 day so we get the Park to Park pass so my husband can ride the Hogwarts Express. If I was there for 3 days and I had never had the experience I would try to get it for 1 day only. If I had experienced it before, then I'd skip it.

So I'll send you over the slippery slope...

1. Plan on buying 1 AP so that you can get the APH discount on one of the local resorts.
2. Realize that the seasonal pass is only about $50 more than the 2-3 day park-to-park tickets, so you buy APs for all family members.
3. Come back on a second Universal trip on the AP within 12 months, since you had so much fun on the first trip.

Our girls were about the came age on our first Universal trip. They loved everything about HP and really enjoyed the rides. They went on their first "big kid coaster" there (HP Dueling Dragons, now closed), and the younger went on RRR with me. The next trip they both rode RRR and also the Hulk.

Two years later, were going to do it again. APs for our trip in November with a return trip some time in 2020.

I realize I'm late to the party, but I didn't see the OP's initial question answered yet in this thread - Sorry, OP, it's not possible to add park-to-park to just one day of a multi-day ticket. It's all or nothing. Even if, in theory, you wait until the very last day and add park-to-park that day, you'll still be paying the same as if you'd have added it on the first day (and then could have actually used it all of the days).

What Snoopboop said. There is no monetary benefit to waiting to purchase - like Disney hoppers, it is one set price to add to the tickets ahead of time or only on your last day. If you know you'll be getting park-to-park, might as well get them right from the get-go and be able to use them the whole trip.

What Snoopboop said. There is no monetary benefit to waiting to purchase - like Disney hoppers, it is one set price to add to the tickets ahead of time or only on your last day. If you know you'll be getting park-to-park, might as well get them right from the get-go and be able to use them the whole trip.

Not only all that, but as @TommyJK I believe it is worth it. You can go HE both ways as it is a different experience and enjoy the ability of going back and forth between parks all the days you're there. When it seems too busy on one end, can just hop to the other end. While I do not park hop at Disney, at Universal it is far more easier. As not only you have HE to do so and it's a far quicker ride than any monorail, or bus, but even if you didn't do that, the walk over to IoA is not that bad.

I realize I'm late to the party, but I didn't see the OP's initial question answered yet in this thread - Sorry, OP, it's not possible to add park-to-park to just one day of a multi-day ticket. It's all or nothing. Even if, in theory, you wait until the very last day and add park-to-park that day, you'll still be paying the same as if you'd have added it on the first day (and then could have actually used it all of the days).

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! Will definitely be getting the park to park passes then.

Since you are doing 3 days, the price differences become less extreme. I'd just do park-to-park for the 3 days (I also like to park hop each day there - not just for Hogwart's Express).

Not only all that, but as @TommyJK I believe it is worth it. You can go HE both ways as it is a different experience and enjoy the ability of going back and forth between parks all the days you're there. When it seems too busy on one end, can just hop to the other end. While I do not park hop at Disney, at Universal it is far more easier. As not only you have HE to do so and it's a far quicker ride than any monorail, or bus, but even if you didn't do that, the walk over to IoA is not that bad.

Same. I never hop at WDW (DL is a different matter - I hop all the time there). I definitely hop between the Universal parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter