• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park observations and a note on the Candy Cane Inn

ArcticWildMan

Mouseketeer
Loved the coziness of the Candy Cane Inn and the ability to walk to/from the parks. Very clean resort and the folks who work there are super friendly. I would recommend this place to anybody!

We spent three days at the parks and came to the conclusion that WDW will be where we return to in the future. I didn't dislike Disneyland/California Adventure but it's just not the same as WDW. I never felt like I was "immersed" in the Disney aura like I am at WDW.

Disneyland wasn't crowded (according to the numbers the CM's gave me) but it felt crowded. I think maybe the scale of Disneyland and how everything is smaller/closer together is what did it for me. Even relatively moderate numbers of people seem like a lot when everything is so close together. I cannot fathom what it is like when it gets very crowded.

Anyway, we had a great trip but just wanted to pass on my opinion of Disneyland which mirrors what others have said in the past.

Glad you had a great trip although I am sorry Disneyland didn't feel as magical to you. I generally feel more magic at Disneyland due to the fact that this was Walt's park and his touches can be felt throughout. Actually, many WDW regulars seem to be reporting that Disneyland itself is every bit as wonderful as WDW (especially now that it is so spruced up for the 50th), but that they do miss the additional dining and onsite resort options. I am glad you enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn, I don't think I have ever heard a bad review, I need to stay there sometime! I prefer staying onsite however even with the pricetag that comes with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter