Park Hours - still worth going???

vllygrrl

Mouseketeer
My hubby and I have a trip planned to Orlando in a couple weeks. We arrive on the afternoon of 11/8 and will be staying at the Radisson Universal because we had planned to visit IoA and USF on 11/9 and 11/10. Now I see that the park hours are 9-5. On a Friday and Saturday Veteran's Day weekend? Will the parks really close this early or do they stay open later on the weekends. My DH is a police officer and will get in free to Busch Gardens and Sea World so we're thinking of scrapping the US idea and going to these two parks - it would be so disappointing though. I just can't see spending all that money for such limited park time - is it worth it for us to go to Universal or should we go with plan B???

Call Universal right now. (407)363-8000. The hours are ALWAYS subject to change.

the last two saturdays there was s ign inside the park at IOA stating that closing time was 7:00 pm.

even if the closing time was 5:00 pm., get there at the front gate at 8:35 and be one of the first thru the gate and get with the program. These parks are worth the price of admission from 9-5 or whatever the hours are that day.

If you choose to miss USF/IOA it will bug you till you actually go there on your next vacation. :)

It is defenitely still worth going. Get there at opening and ride Spiderman and hulk first!

We were there a few weeks ago. We got there early to enjoy the day because of the short hours. Much to my surprise, not only were the hours shorter, but certain areas of IOA were not open till 10:00 and 11:00. I was told this was all due to light crowds and cut backs. There was no sign at the entrance and I was not told this when I checked on the park hours the day before we left. We walked the entire park and then had to go back around again to the areas that were previously closed. I was not happy. Also, shows were running on a limited schedule too.

If Saturday and Sunday are anything like Busch Gardens Williamsburg has been on weekends since they have been letting military, police, fire and EMT personnel in free, you won't be able to move, much less ride anything. We waited on the highway to get to the exit for over an hour 2 weekends ago, and finally scrapped the idea. I heard that there were 2 hour waits for the rides, and getting food took over an hour... not my cup of tea! I would stick with Universal and IOA, if the crowds are as low as what has been alluded to, you should still have no problem doing or seeing everything you desire.

Wow - that crowded? What a difficult decision to make! :( I think we'll just wing it when we get there - call the parks to find out the hours on Friday and Saturday, and then I'll let my husband decide what he wants to attempt to do....

Yeah, we did get to go to BG-Williamsburg on this past Friday, and that wasn't too bad. A CM I was talking with, said that the previous Saturday had beaten the park record with over 136,900 people in attendance. Now, this park is not even the size of MK, more like MGM, so just imagine how crowded it must have been. Neighbors of the park were opening there large yards and charging for guests to park and walk... it truly must have been amazing! Glad we missed it, truthfully!

Wild about the world, I agree totally with you! We just got back from 7 days at HRH and I was disappointed to see so much stuff closed until 11:30 or even 2:00pm! We never did see the Sinbad show. It only showed twice a day and always afternoons. I thought the parks had plenty of people too! We used our front of line passes and the one time we didn't, we waited a long time! Also, for HHN where you can't use your passes, we waited in long lines!! If the wait time said 5 min. it was really 20-25! If it said 30 it was an hour! I was disappointed!

I certainly hope that doesn't happen on friday and saturday after thanksgiving. It was crowded last year

I went to Sea World Friday October 5th, then went to BGT the next day (Saturday) and the place was packed. The free entry for fire fighters and police officers seems to be drawing alot of people. At Shamu Stadium, they asked them to stand up and be honored, and half the crowd stood up. At BGT the entire parking lot was full by the afternoon, and more people we're coming.
Sea World is ok to visit on a weekend because you can get there first thing (9am, rides open at 10am), and get your rides on JTA, and Kraken. Then the rest of the day is seeing shows, easy to do if you get to each one 20 minutes early.
BGT on a Saturday, I wouldn't recommend it. That free entry for the fire fighters is drawing alot of people.
The crowds at IOA/US seem to be less. I'd still go to these parks. When crowds are light, you can do both parks in 1 day.
I'd say to visit IOA/US on Thursday afternoon, and Friday. Then goto SeaWorld on Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter