Park hopper Worth it for 2 days?

Peaseblossom36

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are going on a trip next December, we have two days planned for the parks. We’ve agreed on AK but from there are stuck so I am trying to decide if we should upgrade to parkhopper tickets so we can have more flexibility on what we can do.

I’ve only been to Disney once when I was little so don’t know how easy traveling between the parks is. I’m not worried in terms of cost worth but rather would it make sense to be traveling between the parks when we only have two days. Thanks!

you can upgrade it anytime so you can decide on the spot whether you want to park hop or not

While the cost can sometimes be a little prohibitive for some, if it isn't an issue I would definitely do it. It simply gives you the flexibility to 'pop in' to another park, lets say you were at HS and wanted to make the closing fireworks at MK, you can simply pop over on a bus and not worry about it. You may or may not use it....... well what am I saying lol you WILL use it. That was one of the biggest mistakes we ever made when we first started going with the kids..... never again. Hoppity Hop Hop..... ;o)

I'm pro park-hopping, but in your case, I would maybe lean towards a park per day tickets. If you were a more experienced park-goer or staying for a few more days I would say absolutely, but park-hopping with only two days may be too overwhelming. The biggest thing to remember being "new" to Disney is you can't do it all and Disney isn't going anywhere. You can always go back.

My suggestion would be to do Magic Kingdom on a non-Christmas party day and do AK on the other day. I'd plan on getting there first thing in the morning, taking an afternoon break and going back in the evening. Also plan on a stop at Disney Springs during the afternoon or late night or stop by on your arrival or departure day.

I’ve only been to Disney once when I was little so don’t know how easy traveling between the parks is. I’m not worried in terms of cost worth but rather would it make sense to be traveling between the parks when we only have two days.
Figure about 45min to 1 hour from park exit to park enter. It can take less time but in our experience that's a good estimate.If you'll have a car figure 30min to 45min from the time you exit one park until you are scanning your Magic Band at the next.

What is it you want to do? Visit a park to see everything but not necessarily ride most rides? Get a full day in of rides and attractions?

I would say a definite yes to park hopper. My last trip was two full days in the parks and I was able to see all 4!

A caveat, though. You might feel a little more rushed and unable to truly pace yourself like you’d be able to do with a trip approaching a week long.

What is it you want to do? Visit a park to see everything but not necessarily ride most rides? Get a full day in of rides and attractions?

I’m not a huge ride person since I can only do calmer rides but do hope to ride a few. Mostly we just want to see the decorations and enjoy the time we get to be in the parks. I’m confident we can spend a whole at Animal Kingdom, it’s the second day that I’m not sure what to do with. We will also be using the buses as we are flying in.

In that case a park hopper would be worth it. You will have more flexibility on what you can do; see more decorations in different parks, enjoy the time there. You can get a nice feel of the other three parks in that second day.

I would do the hopper, Christmas time with all the decorations up is magical at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!