Park for Free at Resorts?

hershey4

Earning My Ears
We will be staying on Disney property (Port Orleans Riverside) and will have a car. I know parking is free for on site guests, but can we park at the other resorts for free without dining reservations? I just thought we might like to check out some of the other resorts.

Thanks!

The near-park resorts and the Skyliner and monorail resorts tend to turn people away, especially around park opening times, unless they have a reservation there. So, many times your best option is to take advantage of free parking at a theme park and use Disney transportation to visit nearby resorts.

For instance, park at DHS and ride the Skyliner to CBR, AoA, Pop, and RIV, then to Epcot to visit Yacht & Beach, BW, and Swan/Dolphin/Reserve, then ride the boat back to DHS.

Or park at TTC and visit the monorail resorts, then boat from MK to WL or FW. Park at AK to visit AKL.

No, you may only park at another resort if you have a dining reservation. Resort parking is intended for guests staying at that resort or, short term for dining. Most security guards will not grant access unless you have one of the above.

You are best to use Disney transportation to check out other resorts.

If you have a reservation how long can you park at resort? Would you have time to walk around as well?

We haven't had an issue with parking at AKL, WL, POR, Boardwalk or AoA, but Poly, GF, CR and BC we've always needed an ADR. We usually go in the evenings to look around, dine or snack, and shop. Visiting the resorts is our favourite thing to do outside the parks 😁

We haven't had an issue with parking at AKL, WL, POR, Boardwalk or AoA, but Poly, GF, CR and BC we've always needed an ADR. We usually go in the evenings to look around, dine or snack, and shop. Visiting the resorts is our favourite thing to do outside the parks 😁
It really can depend on the time of year and the crowd levels. We stay at AKL often, and in the past 2 years there's been a sign at the guard shack at the entrance stating no entry without a room or dining reservation. We've also talked with folks turned away at AoA due to the Skyliner access. So while entry might be allowed at times, anyone looking to park at a resort without a reservation should be prepared to make alternate plans.

It really can depend on the time of year and the crowd levels.
From 2010 to 2017 all those trips were in December including Christmas day, and managed all as per my OP, however the Skyliner wasn't running back then from AoA. In August 2022 we managed to park at WL, AKL and Boardwalk without a dining reservation. I appreciate it may go awry, but we have been lucky up to now. Maybe it depends on who is 'guarding the gate' on the day.

From 2010 to 2017 all those trips were in December including Christmas day, and managed all as per my OP, however the Skyliner wasn't running back then from AoA. In August 2022 we managed to park at WL, AKL and Boardwalk without a dining reservation. I appreciate it may go awry, but we have been lucky up to now. Maybe it depends on who is 'guarding the gate' on the day.
We first noticed the sign Jan, 2022. Since August is one of the slower times, perhaps it wasn't a big deal and they allowed it based on less occupancy. But I do recall during the date range you mention, we could also go in and park at many of the resorts (not including the monorail resorts or Beach Club). AKL certainly seems to be a place people would like to drive into, park, and walk around looking at the resort and animals.....

AKL certainly seems to be a place people would like to drive into, park, and walk around looking at the resort and animals.....
Unfortunately, AKL is also close enough to AK for people to abuse free parking there in order to spend the day at AK, leaving resort guests to drive round and round looking for a spot. If someone wants to visit AKL without a reservation, they can park at AK and take the bus to AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter