• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Crowds 9/22-23

mwhite67

Earning My Ears
Just a brief note. We arrived this Tuesday and went to MK on Tuesday and HS on Wednesday. Morning at MK was very nice and the temps are now a bit lower. But the crowds definitely picked up around noon. Ride time estimates definitely seemed higher than actual. Honestly don't think we waited more than 30mins in MK for anything though some of the posted times were higher. We left around 12:30 as crowd levels were not feeling comfortable. Fall decorations in MK are minimal (understandable)...pretty much pumpkin wreaths on light posts.

HS was very busy. We arrived as early as possible to get in line for Runaway Railway (REALLY cute). Got in about 9:20am and still waited 30-40mins for RRR. Only did a few priorities and left as it was very crowded.

Its great to be back and the weather right now has been very comfortable. But its clear that Disney increased park max capacity around Labor Day and the Passholder/Florida resident discounts are bringing a lot of local people in (which I'm sure is the goal). I'm probably overly careful relative to Covid so MK and HS are a bit busy for me. Mornings seem better. I think AK and EP will probably be fine. People are generally very respectful. Only had one instance so far where teenage kids were on top of us in a queue and I had to say something. For some reason a chunk of the Slinky Dog line does not have barriers in the queue - part of it does, part of it doesn't. We LOVED Runaway Railway but not sure we'll go back to HS and may cancel a later reservation. We are not going to a park on the weekend either. This Saturday 3 of 4 parks are sold out (and that's with increased capacity). And if you go to Disney Springs I'd go during the day on weekdays. Our first night here we went over to eat and after work it got VERY busy and we left without eating. That evening was our worst experience - impossible to social distance.

We're having a wonderful time but you just have to figure out how to manage your plans to suit your personal safety feelings. Food in the parks seems a bit sparse. We had groceries delivered through Garden Grocer and are sometimes eating in the villa. Hotels are very slow.

BTW, haven't seen on XL mask available anywhere. CM at MK said they haven't been able to get them and the few they do get fly out. I'm sure the increased crowds are exacerbating that. XLs are available on the ShopDisney website.

Thanks for this info! Super helpful! Hopefully AK and EP will be a bit slower for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter