Park Close & Rivers of Light

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

Not my actual date, but looking at October 8th as an example. Disney site says AK is open until 8pm and RoL is happening at 8pm. I know that none of that is super reliable because we're too far away, but is this how it usually works? RoL right at park close? We did it last year, and I do feel like the park was closed when we left, but I can't remember. Thanks!

Hi all!

Not my actual date, but looking at October 8th as an example. Disney site says AK is open until 8pm and RoL is happening at 8pm. I know that none of that is super reliable because we're too far away, but is this how it usually works? RoL right at park close? We did it last year, and I do feel like the park was closed when we left, but I can't remember. Thanks!

Very, very common.

They frequently change when the RoL show runs vs. when the park closes, so what happened
on any given night before does not necessarily relate to what will happen on other nights.

This is also very often the situation with starting Fantasmic! at (or 30 minutes AFTER) DHS'
"closing time."

Last edited:
Yes, common. We just got back and several nights this past week there were two RoL shows, one at 8:45 and another at 10 pm. The park closed at 9:30, so the second show started 30 minutes after closing, which just meant that you could no longer get in line for rides, food booths shut down, etc. Basically after 9:30 you were either going to the late RoL or leaving.

Yes, common. We just got back and several nights this past week there were two RoL shows, one at 8:45 and another at 10 pm. The park closed at 9:30, so the second show started 30 minutes after closing, which just meant that you could no longer get in line for rides, food booths shut down, etc. Basically after 9:30 you were either going to the late RoL or leaving.

And, as at Fantasmic!, if a guest intends to see a particular show, (s)he will likely be already headed to the theater (or already seated there) by a half-hour before show time.

so all food booths and shops are closed at 930? We were planning on grabbing drinks and snacks and heading to the 10 pm show on a 930 close, is it accurate to say I better make sure to have any drinks or snacks i want by 930?

so all food booths and shops are closed at 930? We were planning on grabbing drinks and snacks and heading to the 10 pm show on a 930 close, is it accurate to say I better make sure to have any drinks or snacks i want by 930?
There will be a “couple” of vendors open, but for the most part, buy wanted snacks before closing.

Reactions: MDH

We did the after park ROL on our last trip and the only food places we seen open were closer to the front of the park - we had dinner before hand at Rainforest Café so had to walk all the way back thru the park. There may have been one drink cart left in the Asia area as well.
I just remember thinking it was strange that they didn't try to continue to sell food to those waiting for the show.

Reactions: MDH

And to put things in perspective, if you intend to SEE the 10PM RoL, you should already be IN the RoL stadium (on at least in LINE) by 9:30, anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!