Park Break Suggestions?

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
So we have 4 days in the parks starting on Sat. My original plan was to hard charge for the first two days and then have some pool time at RPR in the afternoons the second two days. Well, the weather looks like it’s going to be too cold Sun - Tues for swimming. If that doesn’t change between now and our trip, any suggestions on things to do outside the parks? We’re not big on shopping.

There's mini golf at City Walk, lunch at City Walk or an off site restaurant, the Orlando Eye complex is nice (has the Ferris wheel, Madame Tussaud's museum, and Sea Life aquarium).

Bowling at Cabana Bay.
The pools are heated so still an option. Just getting out will be rough. :)

There is a virtual reality place in the Florida mall. A lot of different options. Not good if you are prone to motion sickness.

I would not recommend the arcade at Cabana Bay. Old games and even the air hockey table didn't work properly.

But there is so much to do in the parks, I would just find more stuff to do there instead of trying to find something outside of the parks. Just my two cents.

Bowling at Cabana Bay.
The pools are heated so still an option. Just getting out will be rough. :)

It’s still cold. Although last I looked it was back up into the low seventies so more doable. We may hit up the bowling. :thanks:

But there is so much to do in the parks, I would just find more stuff to do there instead of trying to find something outside of the parks. Just my two cents.

Yeah, we may do that but the parks are supposed to be very crowded on M and T so we may want a break from that. And my son will probably need a nap by that point (he goes several days without and then just crashes).

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Andretti karting and Top Golf are new and right off of I-Drive. Andretti has a ton of activities besides racing.

I like exploring the resort hotels, even if not swimming at them. There are really nice areas at PBH to 'find' such as patios, overlooks, architecture.

There are in-park things to do too. I can hang for hours in the Jurassic Park building lower floor and the Jurassic Dig area. Let the kids off and then people watch.

We also spend time in HP worlds, especially Diagon Alley. Go to the money exchange, watch the live shows, check out wands and don't miss Knockturn Alley. If you ask me to go my happy place, it is on a bench in DA just chillin'.

Our usual touring style with four days is parks at opening until around 11 when the crowds grow. Find lunch somewhere. Pool time. Then back to park late afternoon. Dinner on Citywalk or at resort after closing.

I can't imagine it being too cold to relax by the pool in the afternoon if it's sunny. And if you have kids...they don't notice cold when it comes to swimming. But I agree with mini-golf, bowling, or even a matinee movie on Citywalk if you really don't want to hang at the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter