Park attire for January???

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
Weather.com is calling for highs in the 60's next week. I'm guessing that's not really warm enough for shorts. What would you suggest for park attire????

Thanks! :)

I will be there in 16 days, so I will be taking some shorts just in case. You never know!

Im also taking jeans, and tshirts, and some sweatshirts and a heavy coat.

Usually in Jan, I start off in jeans, t shirt , and a sweatshirt over the tshirt, if it is chilly that morning. Then when it warms up, I just take the sweatshirt off.

Just take a little bit of everything and kinda layer your clothes if it is chilly, that way you can shed a layer if it gets warmer!

Florida weather is very unpredictable!! :)

Good luck and have fun!

Last year at this time we were in jeans, t-shirts, and sweatshirts to start the day. Some days were warm, but a few days (one morning in Epcot in particular) it was sooo cold. All the stores sold out of hats and gloves. We brought heavy coats, which were good to have for that morning! But most days, like Tig said, layering is key. :)

While 60s isn't shorts weather in NJ, what you're comfortable in also depends on where you're from. I like to wear pants, rather than jeans, because they are more comfortable if it starts to get warm. And compared to the weather here in NJ, 60s is very nice. :)

About 5 years ago, I wore the same pair of shorts everyday for a week. I had only packed one pair, just in case, and it was unusually warm. (I did wash them a few times)

I have also purchased a pair of really ugly black knit gloves on main street for $$ because I was freezing!

Expect anything. And don't forget your swimsuit--you never know!

Layers work best, but be sure your bottom layer is a short sleeved T in case it gets really warm.

I packed a lot of shorts for me (I am usually warm), wife has a mixture of shorts and jeans - the child we have packed lots of each. you never know what you will get as temps go.

I love this time of year, usually the air is crisp but comfortable.

We wore shorts with in the 50's in December. :) I would prepare for anything, though. January is very unpredictable. :)

Hi Erika

We are leaving in two days, and I am packing right now wondering if I have too much stuff, LOL

I have several zip type sweatwshirts with hoods I am bringing and a short jacket. Also bringing my 2pc windsuit that I can layer over shorts if need be.

Probably a good idea to bring a backpack along to "store" stuff in during the warmer part of the day.

Forecast is looking real good and no rain, yay.

Herc.

We were there this past January during that week and i had packed too much of everything! We ended up needing jeans and t-shirts everyday. We really needed a jacket in the AM but as we hate having to carry stuff latter we just bared it cool for about an hour and were fine. DS even swam but DH and I thought it was too cool for our taste. We are doing back next December and
I plan to take 1/2 of what i took this past trip and just do a load of clothes if I have to.

Jordan's mom

You seriously cannot go by previous years nor can you predict that far into the future. We are currently extremely warm for December. In 3 weeks, we can be very cold for January. I would wait till the last minute to pack. Winters in FL are very unpredictable, unlike summer.

This is an interesting response to a thread from 19 years ago.
I just went back to look at my feed. Thought maybe it was set for older posts first?? Nope. This had to have been a fluke/glitch or I hit something 🤔 hahahahaha or I'm clairvoyant and knew someone else was wondering ;)

We quit going in January as the weather was too unpredictable. We were there in nice weather a few times, but many trips were windy, rainy and in the 50s. Not a lot of fun.
However, the parks were not real crowded.

Layer!!!!! Bring a pair of thin gloves. They take up no space and will work except in the coldest of weather. I wished we had brought them during Thanksgiving week. A hat/hoodie/jacket with hood is good too. This time of year I would bring a coat too, preferably a coat that has a shell and a zip out liner; acts like 3 coats in one. I am from Texas though and get cold easily.

Seeing how it's 30's right now in WA state with cold rain (at least no snow!) I'll probably be wearing shorts regardless. We bring rain jackets and layers. It rained a lot Christmas 2019 so we get it and are ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!