Park arrival time for breakfast?

twirlyjack

Earning My Ears
First timer here. Our first day at Magic Kingdom will be on Easter Sunday. We are staying offsite a few minutes away in a house. We have a reservation at Cinderella's Castle for 8:10. Any ideas of what my arrival time should be for the parking lot? Any other advice on leaving in the am in terms of Sunday traffic? I'm trying to figure out do I need to leave our house around 7 to be on the safe side? Ideally I'd like to get there in plenty of time so we aren't panicking about being late, but not so early it's silly. Thanks so much.

I would leave at 6:30. Do not underestimate how long it takes to pay to park, park, take the tram then either monorail or take the ferry over

Then you have to get through security. Then you have to get through the gate to get in.

Then head to Main Street with the rest of the hordes to head down Main Street to the castle

You may be a few minutes early, but that’s it. You don’t want to underestimate how long things take. Nothing is a few minutes in Disney reality

Staying at a house is probably more than a 'few minutes' away. Disney is massive, unless you're at a house right on Disney property, the closest residential areas are going to be probably at least 30 mins away from the MK gate. As other posters have said, there's parking, tram from parking, security to go through etc.... 6:30 is probably the latest you'd want to leave ;)

You always see places advertised as minutes away. Yeah from the pretty sign maybe

Yep - at the very least OP should consult Google Maps to see what it says for where you need to drive to actually get to MK, as well as tack on all the 'overhead' for security/trams/TTC/gate + the walk to the castle after gates. Definitely wouldn't trust the 'minutes away' on AirB&B or Vrbo or whatever. After all, 2 hours is 'only' 120 minutes.... truth in advertising! :P

Oh, and being early for a breakfast when there's hardly anyone else in the park, especially if you're never been? That's actually a GOOD thing... it's the best thing about PPO reservations!

We had a PPO breakfast the weekend after thanksgiving at Chrystal Palace at 8:15. I wanted to get to breakfast at 8 and hope for early entrance, eat, see a few characters and make it to rope drop. We took an Uber from inside at ASM. I wasn’t aware that they would have to drop us off at the transfer center. We had gotten there at 7:45, went through security, got on monorail, had to stop at two different resorts before getting off at ticketing. Got inside the park at 8:05 and had time to stop and get a few pictures on Main Street before heading to CP. when we got seated, they said it takes 1.5 hours for all characters to greet your table. We made it till Poo and Eore got to us, then headed out but was still 25 minutes late for rope drop and by that time Seven Dwarves was 80 mins and our first FP+ was at 9:40. So yes, it takes A LOT of time to get there, get in, and get situated. I had to drag my family along the whole way but I knew there was no time for sleep at Disney!

I’m going to venture a guess and say that your PPO breakfast will turn into a post-park opening breakfast when Disney updates their hours. What time did they open Easter 2018?

ETA: MK was open from 8a - 11p on Easter in 2018. GL!

We had a PPO breakfast the weekend after thanksgiving at Chrystal Palace at 8:15. I wanted to get to breakfast at 8 and hope for early entrance, eat, see a few characters and make it to rope drop. We took an Uber from inside at ASM. I wasn’t aware that they would have to drop us off at the transfer center. We had gotten there at 7:45, went through security, got on monorail, had to stop at two different resorts before getting off at ticketing. Got inside the park at 8:05 and had time to stop and get a few pictures on Main Street before heading to CP. when we got seated, they said it takes 1.5 hours for all characters to greet your table. We made it till Poo and Eore got to us, then headed out but was still 25 minutes late for rope drop and by that time Seven Dwarves was 80 mins and our first FP+ was at 9:40. So yes, it takes A LOT of time to get there, get in, and get situated. I had to drag my family along the whole way but I knew there was no time for sleep at Disney!
Yeah, for future reference...
Uber to Contemporary Resort and walk to MK. Much much easier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!