Parents of the High School Class of 2017/College 2021

My oldest dd just started high school last Wednesday.... felt the same way I did when she started Kindergarten and didn't want to hand her over.... I am sure by the time my others make it, it won't be so hard.....

This is really a bittersweet moment for me. On one hand, I'm loving this age, but on the other hand, I can't believe that in 4 years he'll be off to who knows where doing who knows what. I'm a single mom and he's my only kid so that will be a huge transition for me.

DS has 2 more weeks before school starts, but he begins try outs with the football team on Tuesday, so he'll be on campus every day. We live a lot closer to the high school than we did to his middle school so he'll be able to walk, which should be nice.

My DD starts high school this year. Can't believe it! She is my oldest and the time has flown!

Yup! Ours starts HS this year, too. Our HS had lots of intro activities for them. She will play in the Orchestra. Not looking forward to class starting at 7:30 though.

My dd13 will start high school in about a month. It's really hard for me to believe. We moved to our current house right before 2nd grade and that seems like yesterday.

Mine just finally hit 5 ft!! He has a huge personality which makes up for what he lacks in height right now, but most of his friends are 1/2 to 1 foot taller than he is. He has big feet though- size 9- so he's gotta grow into those paws, right? ! His brother, who is 18, is 6 ft tall, but I think he got all the tall genes. I am only 5'3" and my DH is 5'8" on a good day ;) .

That is like my daughter- she just hit 5 feet tall and is 89 pounds. She has friends that are 5'9" and 160 pounds, she looks like their little sister tagging along!
My 13 year old is starting high school in one month- can't believe how fast that time has gone! Not looking forward to all the homework starting again, she is taking 2 AP classes this year so she will have a lot of homework!

That is like my daughter- she just hit 5 feet tall and is 89 pounds. She has friends that are 5'9" and 160 pounds, she looks like their little sister tagging along!
My 13 year old is starting high school in one month- can't believe how fast that time has gone! Not looking forward to all the homework starting again, she is taking 2 AP classes this year so she will have a lot of homework!

This is my DD too!

It's a big fall in our house, DD14 is starting high school, DS12 is starting jr high, and DS6 is starting 1st grade. Where did my babies go? :sad1:

I have a DD starting high school this year. She's our only child. I have mixed emotions about it, so hard to believe that she's in high school already! We start here the day after Labor Day. Hope everyone has a good year with their new high schoolers! :)

Oldest DS going to high school. He's moving up with most of the kids he went to middle school with so I think it will go well. Still, I worry anyway.

My oldest daughter starts HS in a few weeks. It is hard to believe, but I'm happy she's leaving middle school. Those are some tough years! Our summer has been crazy busy with camps, sports, and activities. I realized that next summer will be her last one without a job. She's dying to work once she turns 16.

My girls started last week, and other than the large amount of homework, they are enjoying HS immensely. Sadly, with a block schedule, no more missing school for Disney vacations *sigh* I have Mardi Gras tentatively planned for 2014

Our HS does Disney as their "senior trip" so they have something to look forward to in 3.5 years :)

My middle child, DD, starts high school in two weeks! My oldest DD starts her senior year as well!! It definitely goes by fast! Not worried about my freshman as she is my most organized and best student. She will be in Chorus and does piano outside of school. No sports. She will be doing Key Club with her older sister as they both love all the volunteering opportunities in the community.

My dd will be a freshman in a few days. Shes an only child so I'm very sad :( Dh and I are in our early 40's so and I've had infertility issues so thinking about dd graduating in 4 years is going to fly by fast!

DD started school a year late because she missed the date by 3-4 days. Shes petite and shes nervouse about the big kids especially the teens that look like 18-21-lol! DD is an innocent looking 14 year old

My DD will also be starting her freshman year soon. We start after Labor Day here. They had a summer enrichment program for 3 weeks last month so she has already made some new friends and has learned to take the subway (!!!!). I was so nervous about that but it went well and she has a group of friends that travel together.

She is also petite as a few PPs have mentioned. She's just at 5' and is about 91 lbs so she looks younger than what she is. She plans to join the step and dance teams. She will also be a student ambassador so she will participate in school open houses, school tours and visit jr high schools. She'll be attending my alma mater which is nice.

I can't believe that in 4 years she'll be off to college. She's my only child and I'm a single mom so I know it will be a bittersweet moment.

DD started school a year late because she missed the date by 3-4 days. Shes petite and shes nervouse about the big kids especially the teens that look like 18-21-lol! DD is an innocent looking 14 year old

my daughter just made the cut off by days so a couple days after she turns 14 the end of Nov. some of the kids are already turning 15 the beginning of Dec!

Count me in...my DS14 starts high school in just one week, on Monday 8/19.

I have heard, too, that high school flies by. I really can't imagine time going any faster than it is now!

my daughter just made the cut off by days so a couple days after she turns 14 the end of Nov. some of the kids are already turning 15 the beginning of Dec!

NY has a 12/1 cutoff, correct? Here in NJ it's 9/30 and my dd makes it by a few weeks. She's the 2nd youngest in her class. Lots of her friends will be turning 15 this fall not long after my dd turns 14. The start of college will be interesting since she won't be a legal adult.

My dd will be a freshman in a few days. Shes an only child so I'm very sad :( Dh and I are in our early 40's so and I've had infertility issues so thinking about dd graduating in 4 years is going to fly by fast!

My dd is very petite as well. She's about 4'11" and 78lbs. I have to say karate has done wonder for her self confidence. She has a mean high kick and I pity any boy who tries to mess with her;).

A little late to the party, but count me in as well. Our oldest (and and Daughter--the rest are boys) starts HS in 2 weeks. We have orientation tonight and she has already started the Sports Medicine program today. I cannot believe that I have a HS'er!! It was just yesterday that I walked her to Kinder with her wearing the cutest dress and Mickey Mouse back pack that was so big on her!!

Yep, Ill be crying in 2 more weeks--thankfully, she still like to spend time with me!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter