Parents of the High School Class of 2017/College 2021

All of my "kids" were home for four glorious days! It's a little empty here now, but we had such a great holiday. Now we have just a little under three weeks until winter break for the one in college. He'll be home until January 28th!

Lucky you! What a long winter break! My DS starts second semester Jan 8th...

Lucky you! What a long winter break! My DS starts second semester Jan 8th...

Same for my daughter- she gets out Dec 16th and goes back for Jan 8th class. She has a final on April 23rd and then she is done until Sept. She is going to take an abroad program from July 4th -August 5th for 8 credits in Paris though!

My daughter will be done with finals on December 18th. 2nd semester classes start on January 17th. She was going to stay in DC for the summer but decided to come home. She'll be spending winter break trying to find a job. She may also take a class at a local college just for fun. Her idea of fun and mine are vastly different.

Dang I paid next semesters tuition over the weekend and it now posted that I owe more- seems congress has discontinued the Perkins Loan program so now I am stuck paying what that would have covered!

Dang I paid next semesters tuition over the weekend and it now posted that I owe more- seems congress has discontinued the Perkins Loan program so now I am stuck paying what that would have covered!
Wait...what?

OK so my daughter went and talked to her financial aid counselor today- the perkins loan will be covered next semester but not the following year. She also sat down with her and went over the summer program she wants to attend in Paris for a month- I was a little worried about how much aid she was going to get for that- its 8 credits and the program is about 14,000 for the month- they are covering all of the program cost with aid other than 123.00 , plus we have to pay air fare and she is responsible for all her own meals- so that is SO totally doable!

OK so my daughter went and talked to her financial aid counselor today- the perkins loan will be covered next semester but not the following year. She also sat down with her and went over the summer program she wants to attend in Paris for a month- I was a little worried about how much aid she was going to get for that- its 8 credits and the program is about 14,000 for the month- they are covering all of the program cost with aid other than 123.00 , plus we have to pay air fare and she is responsible for all her own meals- so that is SO totally doable!
Wow, that is a great deal!
DD's honor college will cover all airfare for Study Abroad, she is currently exploring options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!