Parents of the Class of 2019

Today I found clearance new year eve items, I only bought the 2019 items. They are black and gold, that is our school colors. I picked them up for grad party decorations. They had colors too. Party city was 50% off. Hobby lobby 80% off. I got DH a 2019 can coolly, he will get a kick out of it, since it will be DS’s grad year.

Today I found clearance new year eve items, I only bought the 2019 items. They are black and gold, that is our school colors. I picked them up for grad party decorations. They had colors too. Party city was 50% off. Hobby lobby 80% off. I got DH a 2019 can coolly, he will get a kick out of it, since it will be DS’s grad year.

That's a great idea! I'll have to see if I can find anything in DS's school colors (royal blue and silver)

Hah! I was out looking for 2019 stuff last week but came up empty. I was looking for 2019 eyeglasses. I should check Party City still.

That's a great idea! I'm going to have to stop off at Hobby Lobby on the way home today and take a look! Black and Gold are our school colors too, and the school colors for 2 of the universities DD has applied to (one already accepted and one we won't hear until April).

DD is in KC for Thescon right now with her drama club. They were supposed to come home Saturday, but with snow on the way, the Superintendent has pushed their return to Sunday. Hope she thought to pack an extra pair of undies LOL.

Dd got her acceptance from Villanova today, plus the top scholarship from UDel, bringing the cost down to $25,000 a year (Villanova is $68,000). Obviously she’s not going to Villanova without merit $, so we will see.
Congrats! Did she apply EA to Villanova? Hope she gets good merit $$. DS applied regular decision so he has a while to wait.

I just need to vent. DS' dog is very sick. She didn't want to eat last Monday and wouldn't eat Tuesday, ate only a little bit on Wednesday with a lot of coaxing. DH took her to the vet on Friday and we found out that she has some sort of auto-immune disease, her body it attacking her red blood cells. The vet said we can take her to a specialized clinic about 2 hours away and have further testing and start blood transfusions, but we can't afford it and it likely wouldn't buy her more than a few more weeks unless we keep doing it. They gave her a steroid and something to settle her stomach and she has started eating small amounts of chicken and ground beef; she won't touch her regular dog food or the special canned food they gave us for her. She is only about 4 years old. We adopted her when she was about 10 months old from friends who didn't want to deal with her. They had taken her from a neighbor or someone who didn't want her but had her because her original owner, his mother, had passed away. She was abused somewhere along the line, I suspect it was the person our friends took her from. She took DS as her "person" about 2 minutes after she got here, and they have been inseparable ever since. She is always sitting with him or near him, she mopes when he isn't here, she watches out the window for him to come home, and she is terrible when he goes away on a trip or something. She just about drove me crazy when he went on a mission trip for 9 days last summer. We have wondered what we would do with her when he went to school, joking about sending her with him because he is her emotional support human (no offense intended to anyone, I promise), but I never thought she wouldn't live that long. DS knows what is going on. His only two requests for senior pics were soccer pics and some with her, which I'm glad are already done. I hate this. It is hard to lose them anyway, but this one is so much harder already. I hate to see him hurting like this.

I just need to vent. DS' dog is very sick. She didn't want to eat last Monday and wouldn't eat Tuesday, ate only a little bit on Wednesday with a lot of coaxing. DH took her to the vet on Friday and we found out that she has some sort of auto-immune disease, her body it attacking her red blood cells. The vet said we can take her to a specialized clinic about 2 hours away and have further testing and start blood transfusions, but we can't afford it and it likely wouldn't buy her more than a few more weeks unless we keep doing it. They gave her a steroid and something to settle her stomach and she has started eating small amounts of chicken and ground beef; she won't touch her regular dog food or the special canned food they gave us for her. She is only about 4 years old. We adopted her when she was about 10 months old from friends who didn't want to deal with her. They had taken her from a neighbor or someone who didn't want her but had her because her original owner, his mother, had passed away. She was abused somewhere along the line, I suspect it was the person our friends took her from. She took DS as her "person" about 2 minutes after she got here, and they have been inseparable ever since. She is always sitting with him or near him, she mopes when he isn't here, she watches out the window for him to come home, and she is terrible when he goes away on a trip or something. She just about drove me crazy when he went on a mission trip for 9 days last summer. We have wondered what we would do with her when he went to school, joking about sending her with him because he is her emotional support human (no offense intended to anyone, I promise), but I never thought she wouldn't live that long. DS knows what is going on. His only two requests for senior pics were soccer pics and some with her, which I'm glad are already done. I hate this. It is hard to lose them anyway, but this one is so much harder already. I hate to see him hurting like this.
I'm so sorry. This is extra hard on them as they are dealing with such big life changes ahead of them anyway. We lost my son's cat unexpectedly his sophomore year away at school. That cat lived was all his and hardly ever left his room. I used to kid that he had a harder time leaving that cat than he did leaving his family. It was so hard to call him up and explain that the vet said we needed to put him down. Just heartbreaking. The cat was only 7 years old and previously healthy. We ended up spending what it took to get a definitive diagnosis and keep him alive until we could get him home to say goodbye. But dang, that was a rough time.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I've been there and it's rough. Big hugs to your son. It will take time, but he'll get past it. At least he is here to say his goodbyes when the time comes and has time to rebound before leaving for school.

I just need to vent. DS' dog is very sick...His only two requests for senior pics were soccer pics and some with her, which I'm glad are already done. I hate this. It is hard to lose them anyway, but this one is so much harder already. I hate to see him hurting like this.

:grouphug: It is so hard to lose a pet. (And like @mom2rtk said, this can be a tough time of transitions to begin with.) Our thoughts will be with you. :worried:

P.S. - I'm glad you had the photos done. I'm sure they will be precious to your DS.

I’m so so sorry for your son, his dog and your family. :grouphug:

I'm so sorry for your son and his dog. That is so tough... and such a young dog, too. I lost my cat when I was away as a sophomore. I didn't get to say goodbye. It's tough. It is great that he has the senior photos (I had some taken with my cat, too.) Big hugs.

DD finally made it home from Thescon about supper time last night. And we’re the only local district that went in today. She’s exhausted LOL
What a bad weekend to be out of town! About half the schools here were out today. Ours are in session. But that's fine. The way the schedule is set up even seniors have to make up snow days. DD got hosed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!