Parent's 40th Anniversary: Or, 13 people, one missing crib, and an ER

You really took the luggage debacle in stride. So frustrating to start of that way, but looks like the next day sure did make up for it.

I really think I was so tired that I just couldn't work up the energy to be anything more than frustrated, you know?? Had it not showed up, I probably would have found the energy. :eek::eek::eek:

And yeah, the next morning definitely made up for it!!! Much more than made up for it.

Previously: Magic Kingdom! Or, Guests, Carpets, and the hunt for a Turkey Leg!

Day Three: Return to Magic! Charming Candy and Royal, Ranger Racers! July 5th, 2018

After a jam-packed Independence Day, we had another jam-packed day planned for Magic Kingdom the following day, too! Why two days in MK in a row??? ADR’s that’s why!!! Between BOG and CRT, we didn’t really have much choice in when we did MK. Cinderella’s Royal Table was a surprise for my parents, and a party of thirteen, even when split, was hard to get seated!! Some may mind doing MK back to back, but we absolutely love it, so we didn’t care at all.

Though we are all pretty early risers, we aren’t always the RD kind of crowd. We took an easy, slow start, and started with breakfast at Sanaa. We ended up eating breakfast here a lot - we loved the ambiance and I LOVED the haystack potatoes.

IMG_0060.jpeg

The breakfast guests were always well-dressed and well-behaved!​

The majority of us caught the bus to MK around 9:30 (the teenagers needed a bit more beauty rest), and while everyone else grabbed a couple of attractions before our lunch reservation, I snuck Jude off to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for a knighting ceremony in advance of meeting all those princesses. That, and his mommy would love a knight errant to accompany her :love: :love: :love:

IMG_0063.jpeg
MK_CRTLOBBYCHAR_20180705_412320980298.jpg

Even a young prince/knight (I guess it could be both) feels super special at the BBB!
Jude had a blast fighting dragons for the rest of the day, and Queen mommy was ecstatic about his new station!

We headed back to the Castle for our reservation after nearly walking on to Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and stopped for a quick photo (this was photo recreation number 1 of the day) of the hostess with the mostest before being heading upstairs to enjoy a wonderful lunch!

RenderedImage.jpg
MK_CRTLOBBYCHAR_20180705_412320940851.jpg

2009 and 2018
We met all the princesses twice - the joys of a table of thirteen with food allergies!!! - and headed out for another day of magic.

IMG_0471.jpg
IMG_0472.jpg

Delicious food! Delicious dessert!
Speaking of allergies, we got the lemon cake with vanilla frosting from Erin McKenna’s Bakery as an attempt at “everyone gets some dessert.” BOY, do I wish we would have saved our money!! The cake was dense (not in a good way), and the frosting was oily - definitely not something you want to spend ~60 dollars on. We’ve been dealing with allergy friendly desserts for a while, and have actually come across a number of places that do them really well (if you’re in Philly, Sweet Freedom on South Street is AMAZING), so paying a premium for a less-than-premium experience was frustrating, but, live and learn! :confused3

IMG_0474.jpg

The un-delicious dessert...It was pretty, though​

We recreated Konnor’s “Hotton Tandy” picture (final recreation of the day) from 9 years ago, and then Nana bravely let Jude drive her around the Tomorrow Land Speedway, and then we had to do Buzz Lightyear again (this makes for three rides on this trip...so far).

Things move a bit more slowly when you’re dealing with three under three, three pre/teens, and 7 adults, so we’re really glad we went to MK as many times as we did (ended up there three days). Before we headed out for the day, we rode the railroad and met the most friendly students who shared their balloon with Luca.

The CavFamily did the H20Glow event at Typhoon Lagoon - they really enjoyed it, but they're not big drinkers, and thought the feel was a little too much of a "nightclub," if you get my drift...:duck:The rest of us headed back a bit to relax, catch some of the animals on the savanna, and turn in early!

Day Four: I Love You Animally: Rivers, Mountains, and Dino/Duck Tales.

Sorry your $$$ cake was a bust.

We knew it was going to be a gamble and that there were backup things (enjoy life cookies) and CRT if it didn't work out. Might have had a better dessert at the DS location cause it could have been fresh?? I dunno. I would have loved for it to not have cost as much as it did, but that's also a gamble with allergy-friendly things...high cost of entry and you don't always get it back!

So cute - I didn't know BBB had something for boys. :goodvibes

I didn't either! I saw it somewhere a couple of weeks before and called in to see if there was an opening, and they had space! They called the glitter "Mickey's Treasure," and he loved his sword and shield; the cape, not so much!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter