Parenting problem

teacups

DIS Veteran
I'm asking for advice. I wont post on the CB. Can anyone help me here?
I posted on the family board, too, looking for advice, or maybe back up... I dont know.
I have had a bunch of unhealthy issues creep up in my parenting. And I think I'm going bonkers a bit. I seem to find problems, or they seem to find me, and its always somethign to do with my kids.
1. My pediatricians nurse hung up on me and then lied to the doctor about it, so I got mad and left the office Ive been taking my kids to for 5 years rather than have to see this nurse again.
2. The doors to the school were not being locked like they are supposed to be. It's a safety concern and district policy is that they be locked... but the principle wsnt doing it and didnt care. I went over his head, complained and got it fixed.
3. The preschool where my son is/was going wont disipline the boys who get crazy with over-activity... until someone gets hurt. Which happened. So I pulled him out and am taking him to a new school.
4. The dentist (a new doctor for us) today told me his policy is that parent wait in the waiting room and not come inside when the child is being treated. My child is 4 and I wont have that. Now Im looking for a new dentist.

This has been just the past month and a half.

What the heck is wrong with me???????????????????????

I am in no position to say what's wrong with you. I actually agree on some of those things especially the dentist issue. I had this very problem when my Dd was 5 she is now 23, the dentist insisted I stay outside I refused and it was a huge scene I found out later that he was accused of molesting children while in his chair so stick to your guns on that. Being a parent is a very hard thing to do.

I don't think anything is wrong with. In fact, I've done some of the same things myself, especially in regards to the daycare situation. Sometimes I get angry when the daycares/schools seem to bend over and play to the troublemakers versus the bulk of the parents who are doing their best. I would have done the same thing (and have).

I have also done the same thing with a doctor's office where the staff was terrible.

The dentist one I can understand also. We go to a regular dentist (not pediatric) who does LOTS of children and I see parents with young ones going back ALL of the time.

Now, tell me, what's wrong with the community board??:goodvibes

There is nothing wrong with you! I would never allow my child in a dentists office where I was not allowed! My pediatrician actually told me that was a warning sign of potential problems! I was also going to leave the only dr my DD has ever seen due to an extremely rude nurse. Thankfully it didn't come to that for us, but I absolutely would have, without a second thought. She is to important to me not to be absolutely confident with her care.
As for the school issues, my dd is not really in school yet, but if the policy says doors are to be locked, then you did the right thing, if the principle wouldn't correct it, you took the initiative to have it corrected, again keeping your child safe. And as for the school not keeping kids in control that too is a definite problem, and I think you did the right thing to keep your child safe. There will be lots of times when he is older that you can't pull him out of school, but if this is "just" preschool, I would make sure he has the best possible experience and learns to love school without picking up any bad habits!
I think you are doing a good job, think about it, if this had all happened over the span of 6 months rather than 6 weeks, would it bother you this much? Everything just fell on you at once, hang in there, and I bet it will get better!
IMO, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a bit over protective, especially when they are so young!

Nicole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter